Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

detectorpro customer service anyone?

bigtim1973

I was wondering if any of you have had to contact detectorpro for repairs lately? I have a set of headphones that is in need of attention and I am having a hard time getting them to contact me back.

I saw on their FB page that the company is under new ownership. I have sent an email, messaged them by phone and 2 messages through FB messenger and I know they saw those messages but no reply yet.

I am beginning to wonder about them now. Anyone else have issues lately?

Thanks for the info. I have forwarded the info that I need. I am glad you had a great service experience with them. I sold the broken ones that needed repair here on findmall. I hope he has a good experience with them as well.

Does Mr. Bill (I think Crabtree) Still work for Detector Pro. He was such a great resource and every time I called him up and asked a question he was very kind and really knew his stuff so well. But it has been about 10 years since I called Detector Pro. My HH PI is still going strong!

I have sent two emails to the "new" company and neither was returned. I am wondering how good the lifetime warranty really is? I am not impressed at all.

Did you try calling on the phone? Tesoro would never answer emails either but, always answered the phone.
Office Hours:
Monday-Friday
10:30AM-3:30PM
(90:geek: 333-2942

Mr. Bill retired from detectors a long time ago............

Did you try calling on the phone? Tesoro would never answer emails either but, always answered the phone.
Office Hours:
Monday-Friday
10:30AM-3:30PM
(90:geek: 333-2942

Mr. Bill retired from detectors a long time ago............
Good info Sven

The original owner Gary Storm stood behind their products.

I have a pair of grey ghost DMC and using them in the woods relic hunting the naturally got hung on brush, etc. over the many years I used them, they would naturally break down but they always fixed them and returned them within a week.

I would assume Ronnie is keeping the service going although the new phones are only a 2 year warranty but I understand, life is a long time for metal detectorists, LoL

I started in 1973 and still get out occasionally. Imagine if I could have bought a pair of lifetime guarantee phones back then and someone had to still fix them, lol

Jerry

I sent in my headhunter PI and my Headhunter Diver and they added new wiring as they no longer have some parts for my detectors. I am using my PI with cracked headset so no water detector above my waist for me. My diver had a wire come loose and I am not going to send it in for repair. I ordered 2 new detectors the Vanquish 540 and the Simplex.

Had to send my Blackwidows to DetectorPro for repair. They developed a short in the cable right at the strain relief where it went into the earpiece. They wanted to charge me $40.00 for a replacement cable. I told them that the headphones were supposed to have a lifetime warranty. They said that the cable wasn't part of the headphones (looks like it's part of the headphones to me) so I had to pay for the part. I was able to speak with the company owner and he said that normally they would charge for the part, but since he had just taken over the company that made the Blackwidows he would make an exception for me and I wouldn't have to pay. In the future I will be wary of dealing with them

Reactions: tvr