Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deteknix Scuba Tector - Any Reports

flysar

Any users?
Positive/Negative reports?
Thinking about getting one to drop in a pack during hikes along some streams this summer.
I've spent more on possibly less worthwhile ventures just curious if folks like this model over the Vibra Probe 730/750.
Thanks & HH

I don't have either, but I've seen some video comparisons on those two and the Scuba Tector seemed to come out on top.

jadocs said:
I don't have either, but I've seen some video comparisons on those two and the Scuba Tector seemed to come out on top.

Thank you. I probably saw those same videos and that's why I'm interested in it for when I don't want to or can't pack a full size unit around.

I think max depth is about 4" on rings and coins. That is not bad when under water. I use a Garrett's AT Pro and do ok under water with it.

I have one, haven't had a chance to use in water yet but gotta say I like it much better than my vibra tector, it's about twice as deep air testing against the vibra tector. The only thing I don't like is the charging port, I can't plug it in unless using needle nose pliers.

John

I would also love to hear some actual user reports. I have had my eye on the Scuba Tektor. It is a pulse machine, so every tiny piece of iron will register, I am guessing. You could get this little detector in some tight spaces. Please share experiences.

Bought one, tried it out, returned it. Bought a vibra tector 740, returned it (have had and use vibra probes when diving often, prefer them over any other diving/waterproof pinpointers). The deteknix had at least twice the depth/range as the 740, maybe 3 times more. The deteknix would be handier if it used 9 volt batteries, charging is kinda hinky and a pain with the cord usb adapter. Ordered another deteknix scuba tector, but couldn't get myself to keep it, again, returned. The modes on the deteknix were easy to mess up with the buttons and if it gets put into diving mode, its a pain to deal with. I can see it being useful for niche places, just not for me around my spots at this time.

Got a cruise next week to the Bahamas, will be in Nassau for a day and Freeport for a day. I am taking it and the Vibratector 730. This will be my first cruise so didn't want to try to take a full size detector and scoop. But will see how hard that would be for the next one. Anyway, I got the VT 730 a few years ago and have found gold and silver rings and several coins with it. Depth is decent on a ring, maybe 6-7" also on quarters. Will do 5" on a dime. Saw the Scubatector and that is supposed to be deeper so I got one. Not been able to use it just yet. I posted this in the Detecnix forum here:
Just found about this product, watched so,e videos and reviews and ordered one yesterday, should be to me Friday! I have the Vibra Tector 730, and actually love it, I've found rings including a gold diamond wedding ring that will more that pay for that detector, but this new one from Detekmix appears to be deeper! I also like the rechargeable battery and push bottom on and off feature. It also doesn't seem to require as much motion for detection. The tilt on/off of the VT is cool, but in a duffle bag or sometimes in the water in transit gets turned on and off accidentally. I like the fact this one is simple push button. Hope to be going on a cruise this summer to the Bahamas and I don't want to try to pack a full sized detector, and a scoop or deal with trying to detect during the crowded daytime that I will Actually be on beaches. I can use this and a mask and snorkel and I think I can find some things, and be discreet about it. I will get some practice time with it in some lakes and rivers before that July trip, so I will post some videos and thoughts after I get some real world use with it. I'll take the VT as well, 2 is 1 and 1 is none and on a trip like that, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

I will post a report on this beach and water thread for sure, as Ive not seen any real world reports like I thought we would. Y now either. But it's been rainy and cool here in East TN all summer and just not much action in the swim holes yet. Been 1 time with a full size detector in a popular fresh water beach where I usually do well and I only got a small handful
Of clad. Not even tried the couple of spots that I use the VT at normally yet. So, stay tuned!

Charles

Hello,
I received my Scuba Tector safely a few days ago. Unfortunately it will be a month or more before I can get out in the water with it and really test it out, as the water temps here won't be warm enough until then, which it will still be cold water even then lol. Anyway, I agree with your point of getting that charging cord plugged into the Scuba Tector is a chore and my hands aren't huge, people with larger hands will really find it difficult I'm afraid. As far as yours blinking even after charging all night, did you just plug it into a USB port of a computer? Per the manual it says that may take a long time to recharge, and suggest using a "quality" ac adaptor. I used the one off my iPhone and charged the unit up in about 35 min although it wasn't blinking showing it was low yet, I just wanted to ensure that the battery was fully charged, as I was getting ready to test it against my Vibra Tector 730. So I think if you use a wall charger plugged into the USB cord to charge the ST it will charge up much faster. Also just take along one of the portable rechargeable power packs that are widely available now, that way if you did happen to run the ST down you have a way to field charge it, but honestly if you charge it with a ac adaptor the night before your hunt I don't think you will have any issues. Here's my first impressions of the ST:
1: I like the angle of the search head in relation to the handle
2. I like the option of having it beep/vibrate/red led
3. I like the option of 4 levels of sensitivity
4. Plugging the charging cable into the ST is a pain in the rear
5. The included lanyard is nice, although the end to attach it to something to secure it is not large enough to go around your wrist. A great idea poorly executed.
6. Learning the various button pressing combinations will take time, it's easy to get confused and change settings that you didn't intend to

So I tested it on some various targets, a not so scientific test, I took a, 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of paper and put the ST at the end of it and waved various objects in front of the coil, marking on the paper where the signal was last detected. I drew a line down the center of the paper and tested the same objects with my Vibratector 730. The Scuba Tector was the clear winner, with the shortest detected distance on any object still better than the best detected distance with the VT 730. Impressive! I didn't measure any of the distances with a ruler, but it appeared the VT was good out to about 3" and the ST good to about 5-6" on most items just guesstimated. Now, we have to remember Pulse Induction units, which both of these units are, do not air test well at all. And from actually using the VT 730 I will say I have detected coins and rings much deeper than any of the items air tested on it. I've found silver, gold and junk rings with it and tons of coins. But if the ST is really as much "deeper" as it appears "on paper" then this will be an awesome special purpose detector. I was using the ST fully charged with it set to maximum sensitivity and the VT 730 had a fresh 9v battery. Again this was an air test, so we will see what "real world" testing shows. I think I will take them both to a place and use the VT 730 in a small area then take the ST behind it and see if it detects anything the VT missed and vice versa. But so far I really like the ST and I think it will pay for itself as the VT 730 has easily done. Just from what I know about it so far I would recommend it highly. I'll post more when I actually get to use it.

The supplied USB cable has a very short moulding. Just line it up and push it with your fingernail, then leave it connected. Just tuck it in and screw your end cap on.
Or, what I do is use a Samsung cable - the moulding is about twice as long and much easier to push in. I love the USB charging on the Xpointer pro as I'm very slack with remembering to charge my batteries, so can always top-up the pin-pointer in the car on the way to a hunt and when moving spots.

I posted a report in this beach and shallow water section of my experience with the Scubatector. I like it!

This is an old thread, but I want to add to the review. First off I would like to say I do not recommend this pinpointer if you wish to use it to find gold. I set out several gold nuggets of various sizes .1g - .6g. it ignored them all, large gold ring, it also ignored.
I bought it to use in snipping, but will be returning this detector in the morning.
it did however find the chip in the back of my cat., but animal chips are not what I look for.

BobOso said:
This is an old thread, but I want to add to the review. First off I would like to say I do not recommend this pinpointer if you wish to use it to find gold. I set out several gold nuggets of various sizes .1g - .6g. it ignored them all, large gold ring, it also ignored.
I bought it to use in snipping, but will be returning this detector in the morning.
it did however find the chip in the back of my cat., but animal chips are not what I look for.

You must have gotten a defective one, as mine finds gold rings just fine. I don't know about micro gold nuggets, as I don't prospect with mine anymore than you look for chipped animals with yours. I'd send it back under warranty if I were you. I highly recommend the Scubatector and the Vibratector. I've found several good things with both of them.

The Scuba Tector is not for small gold nuggets. A regular pin-pointer will be better on small gold, particularly VLF pin-pointers, but then they will false on mineralised dirt so it's a bit of a catch 22.

Hello everybody and thanks for having me on here. Can I please ask is the detecnix scubatecta going to be of any benefit to me in Scotland . I'm planning on doing a bit of gold panning . What do you guys think .

Can I ask you guys what do you think about using the scuba tector while panning for gold in Scottish rivers. Please don't laugh it's just a thought as I'm keen to buy one .thanks.