Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DEUS 1 VS. DEUS 2

C.J.M.

Need some feedback concerning DEUS 1 VS. DEUS 2 .Is it worth spending more $$$$ over the DEUS 1 ?? Thank you cjm :shrug:
:shrug:

It depends on what kind of hunting your doing and how often. What really attracted me to the D2 is the bottle cap reject, as I do A LOT of park & lake hunting. I bought the original Deus when it was released in 2011, and honestly, I really didn’t connect w it, I much rather preferred the XP GOLDMAXX Power. However, I really like this D2, it really has A LOT of features that (that I’m still getting to know) you can tailor to any kind of hunting. Just my .2 cents worth…
Aaron

I have had all the incarnations of the XP Deus 1. The D2 (especially in Deep HC and the beach programs) is noticeably deeper with a way better lock-on ID. You can also take it 60 ft underwater, and the remote is better built and more rugged. I believe it is well worth paying the difference for the D2.

(I have the 9" coil)

I echo everything that's been said about the Deus 2 above. I'm loving it, after using the Deus 1 for about 5 years. One issue I'm still struggling with is its ID of deep iron, especially nails, as a solid, repeatable 86-87. If you listen carefully, you can usually hear the iron tone as you come off the target, which can be a giveaway. But man that solid high tone sounds so good and with the high TID numbers, it's hard to resist. Especially in thick iron where it could be a masked IH or button. Deep HC is particularly susceptible to this. I'm using v .71. Maybe I need to bump up iron volume a tad.

The problem with good signals of deep iron containing an iron grunt is that you can also have cases with both iron and a good target in the very same hole without the masquerading from other detectors. So better you dig - even the iron. I do.

I echo everything that's been said about the Deus 2 above. I'm loving it, after using the Deus 1 for about 5 years. One issue I'm still struggling with is its ID of deep iron, especially nails, as a solid, repeatable 86-87. If you listen carefully, you can usually hear the iron tone as you come off the target, which can be a giveaway. But man that solid high tone sounds so good and with the high TID numbers, it's hard to resist. Especially in thick iron where it could be a masked IH or button. Deep HC is particularly susceptible to this. I'm using v .71. Maybe I need to bump up iron volume a tad.

Check out my avatar 1695 gold guinea. Its my first gold coin I found in England. It was extremely deep and was giving me a constant high tone. In England, I never look at the remote. I set it and put in my pocket. I only hunt by sound. I started as a beach hunter with no target id, so that's the way I hunt in England. After digging and digging, I was certain it was going to be a big piece of iron. When I finally got it out of the hole and grabbed a handful of dirt, I just couldnt believe what I just found. So keep digging those repeatable high tones no matter how deep. Ya never know !!!

PS I have a video will try and find and post later.

HH
Donna(NJ)

In my Pennsylvania soil I haven't seen the D2 being any deeper or better performance over the D1..I will say the D2 has a few nice features over the D1 that make it more user friendly, but performance for me as a dirt hunter is a draw between the two .. If I were a avid XP loyalist I'd say different but I'm not,so I'll just say I like both,I see no performance difference between them in the dirt,,,but I do like the user friendly adjustments they made to the menu and accessing things without actually going into the menu .
The Deus 1 with a 9 inch coil is ungodly deep, I couldn't imagine depth between these two machines would even be a selling point. Features is what to expect from a upgrade if your planning on selling your D1 for a D2,,at least in my opinion as a dirt hunter

uk owners say there is little the 2 will fnd that cannot be found wth the d1
sales in the uk are stagnant .dealers are stuck with d2s they cannot shift

I’ve used the deus 1 and the deus 2. the deus 2 is more user friendly and certainly more versatile. I hung up the Deus 1 when the equinox came out because I couldn’t ignore the simple fact that multiple frequencies must be better than using only one frequency. My immediate reaction to that change was that I liked getting rid of all of the background noise and it was simpler to use. NOW I have the best of both worlds, FMF and the deus technology + waterproof and + more user friendly….how could you not get it? Youre never going to know for sure what you missed, you’re going to find metal with any metal detector, if you want to stack the deck in the most favorable way to finding long lost stuff, get the deus 2, be happy and go find cool stuff.

I use to dream about a machine like the Deus II. I often hunted with the Deus l and the equinox 800. Both machines brought something to the game. Now the Equinox is a wall hanger. I find that the D ll eliminates the need to backpack both the Equinox and Deus l into the woods knowing I have the best of both worlds. Definitely worth the price.

Anyone have the Tarsacci MDT 8000 and the Deus2? If so, have you compared them in the salt water/sand. I haven't gotten down to the shore yet and was curious as to a comparison. I do have those units and so far I like both of them. I will also say I don't have enough time with either of them . . but hopefully that will change if I ever get done with all the projects my sweet wife has written down, in stone. :ranting:

Still on the fence, d1 or d2. I have a friend in that says he is not so sure he made a good investment with the d2. In the month or so he has had it he says he has not dug anything any deeper than the d1 yet. $1600 ... When he starts digging a little deeper, and I want it in the 9 inch coil.

Still on the fence, d1 or d2. I have a friend in that says he is not so sure he made a good investment with the d2. In the month or so he has had it he says he has not dug anything any deeper than the d1 yet. $1600 ... When he starts digging a little deeper, and I want it in the 9 inch coil.
I loved my Deus I. Fast, light and deep and I really couldn’t ask for more. But to have all of that along with FMF and being waterproof and all the other improvements they’ve made, its changed the game for me! Good luck with everything.

Not sure depth is the best criteria to base the decision on. The D2 has a lot of improvements. In my experience, the D2 has much improved unmasking as well as a bit more depth especially in the fast programs. The Relic program is crazy deep, though.

I had a D1 and sold it because it just wasn't up to saltwater beach hunting. Stayed with my stable of Minelabs until the D2 was fielded. I now have two D2s and they are quality performers on the beach and anywhere else I want to go. I also like the menu structure of the D2 better than the D1...much easier to navigate and learn than the D1...just in my opinion. The D2 is now my "go to" detector for everything.