Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 most anticipated release ever..

The 2 coils I have for my ORX are the 11” X35 and the 9” HF round. If I use my ORX on my property in town I have to contend with power lines overhead and in the ground and it really doesn’t handle the EMI well at all. When I take it out to my ranch that has a lot of iron trash it becomes my favorite detector. My Nokta handles the EMI in town with no problem but isn’t as good in picking out good targets in iron trash sites.

My yard where my test garden is has EMI and when it is cold it is very high. Commercial buildings and power lines close by. I have been on sites like that where no matter what you do EMI is a major factor.

Deus is a relic machine, from what I see and hear in the tones on the Legend it is more of a coin jewelery park machine. Just speculation on my part tho..The deus is probably the best relic machine made,and I find it hard to believe adding simultaneous multi frequency is gonna make it any better.. Not knocking the deus,like I said it's probably the best relic machine ever made.I just doubt the deus 2 is gonna add much to it's performance already,even running simultaneous frequencies at once.
I believe XP only came out with the deus 2 because the deus itself is becoming a relic,and needed a fresh new face for marketing and sales,,not because the deus has competition or is lacking in any relic hunting category.

So in your opinion woody the Deus 2 is just a rehash ......Yeah right... So basically you dont think Deus has the know how to make a machine with stable ID , good in salt water, etc. Yeah dont think that is gonna be the case , Thats right your favorite brand of detector has released two rehash detectors in the last few years so I can see why you might think that....

I am going to make a early prediction the Deus 2 aint no rehash ......Can you say might be best all around machine ever made? Time will tell.

You can't have a hypersensitive stable machine with great ID,,sorry buddy but you can't have it both ways. Pretty much everything is a rehash anymore,not just the Deus 2.

The thing I hope XP does with MULTI is gives us more options to adjust it like they did with the regular deus.
The NOX seemed kind of locked down but that was always a minelab thing. I think they did it to keep users from screwing up the settings and then posting how junkie minelabs are lol.
That is one thing I miss about Whites machines you could adjust pretty much every setting in the machine.

You can't have a hypersensitive stable machine with great ID,,sorry buddy but you can't have it both ways. Pretty much everything is a rehash anymore,not just the Deus 2.
Would like to see a Rutus Atrex in the states. They have some very interesting technology with 2 different soft wares that you can change yourself, even while hunting. It's an SMF detector as well.

So I'm reading through this now. Findmall will not tolerate any trolling, name calling or any other harassment. If any of you continue to do so, you will be removed from this platform. I hope I'm making myself clear.

On another note, any comparisons need to be done in the proper forum.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Like you Calabash, I live close to the ocean but never beach hunt. I just might start though if the Deus II is as good as anticipated. The Deus is already a relic killer in the iron. It's hard to imagine the new Deus II platform being a significant improvement over the Deus in the iron. But we shall see! Love your recent vids BTW. You might be the best Subaru driver in the world and you know your car inside and out, but you are never going to outperform even an average driver in a Ferrari. ;)

I do not know about you guys but I can not wait to get my hands on the Deus 2. Deus in a multi and water proof to 66 ft... That water depth rating will play into my relic hunting game big time. I can not wait to run it in a iron loaded relic site.
I am more excited about this release than any other... Game changer!
A detector I can hunt on land with and also dive with. That is REALLY dive with....not that 10 ft waterproof rating crap.
6 years of detecting and so much to learn. I have the Equinox 800 and may purchase the Deus 2. Calabash I would love to be there for your testing. Here in Iowa I’m done until next March.

2 Much Trash, Calabash does state facts because he does bench testing and gets to know his machines.
He does depth test which anyone can do if they want to take the time to bury the coins. Most are too lazy to take the time. Then he does the coin/nail test which is fine if the site your hunting has those two targets in similar orientation. However, the game changes if you're hunting, say, a demo lot from a house built in 1930. Through the years a number of other metals has taken residence in the ground. Aluminum, copper, lead, brass, tin, pewter etc. In fact, it could be from an 1800's plantation home or a Civil War skirmish site. If any of those metals, especially if larger than a coin is sitting next to a coin the probability of a detector sniffing out the coin is minimal at best. That is real world hunting.

I think it's cool he has added diving to his metal detecting adventures. There's less than 1% on the forums who are ever going to do that. Good for him. That doesn't give him a license to be condescending. Not everyone will sit idly by and not retort. He has the choice of answering or answering and taking shots. For whatever reason he chose the latter.

The thing I hope XP does with MULTI is gives us more options to adjust it like they did with the regular deus.
The NOX seemed kind of locked down but that was always a minelab thing. I think they did it to keep users from screwing up the settings and then posting how junkie minelabs are lol.
That is one thing I miss about Whites machines you could adjust pretty much every setting in the machine.
Will the Deus 2 only use 2 frequencies like the Nox when in SMF mode ?

The new Deus will be getting a good look at I'm sure. 66 feet could be considered Crap by some, the Old Infinium is good for 250' ( I think) So there's that. I'm in the 90% league though. If I'm found clinging to my machine in 10 feet , I'm drowned.

The new Deus will be getting a good look at I'm sure. 66 feet could be considered Crap by some, the Old Infinium is good for 250' ( I think) So there's that. I'm in the 90% league though. If I'm found clinging to my machine in 10 feet , I'm drowned.

Fisher 1280X Aquanaut is rated for 250' as well.​

He does depth test which anyone can do if they want to take the time to bury the coins. Most are too lazy to take the time. Then he does the coin/nail test which is fine if the site your hunting has those two targets in similar orientation. However, the game changes if you're hunting, say, a demo lot from a house built in 1930. Through the years a number of other metals has taken residence in the ground. Aluminum, copper, lead, brass, tin, pewter etc. In fact, it could be from an 1800's plantation home or a Civil War skirmish site. If any of those metals, especially if larger than a coin is sitting next to a coin the probability of a detector sniffing out the coin is minimal at best. That is real world hunting.

I think it's cool he has added diving to his metal detecting adventures. There's less than 1% on the forums who are ever going to do that. Good for him. That doesn't give him a license to be condescending. Not everyone will sit idly by and not retort. He has the choice of answering or answering and taking shots. For whatever reason he chose the latter.
Well he does several things for testing. But it's the kind of tests that IF the detector can't pass simple depth, separation tests then he knows, and I know it's not the detector for him or me. The example you give I see daily, iron mixed with silver, copper, brass, aluminum etc. Well I dig it. All of it. If it gives a good signal I get it out of the ground. Many detectors I've used over the many years were not even capable of hitting on any of the metals if an iron target was close to it. Or give such a scratchy broken signal I left it. So I'm confused as to why you used that example ? In older sites don't we all dig all of the nonferrous metals? Sounded like you were saying how do we pull the good targets from the copper,brass,silver,gold, aluminum and iron. Well dig it all above iron in pitch mode :) most of those metals is what I'm looking for anyway.

Well he does several things for testing. But it's the kind of tests that IF the detector can't pass simple depth, separation tests then he knows, and I know it's not the detector for him or me. The example you give I see daily, iron mixed with silver, copper, brass, aluminum etc. Well I dig it. All of it. If it gives a good signal I get it out of the ground. Many detectors I've used over the many years were not even capable of hitting on any of the metals if an iron target was close to it. Or give such a scratchy broken signal I left it. So I'm confused as to why you used that example ? In older sites don't we all dig all of the nonferrous metals? Sounded like you were saying how do we pull the good targets from the copper,brass,silver,gold, aluminum and iron. Well dig it all above iron in pitch mode :) most of those metals is what I'm looking for anyway.
Do we ? If you know it's an aluminum can, do you dig it every single time ? My buddy and I were hunting an old school. Finds were sparse and there was a lot of aluminum. I mean a ton of cans in the ground. It's not in the best part of town. he knew it was a can and called it. I jokingly told him to dig it, maybe there's a silver coin under it. Sure enough, a nice silver Washington directly under the can.

One aspect of hunting that rarely gets mentioned is sizing your targets. If you're hunting for buttons, old coins and such and there is a big piece of brass, many will not dig it thinking it's too big. However, it could be masking something. So no, not everyone digs everything. Some like you do. I've hunted with too many guys who are hunting size specific.

Comparing an ACE 250 to a Deus like he did in one video is just silly. One cost 200 bucks and the other is 1100 bucks. If you're a long time vet of detecting, chances are you've moved up in detectors. As far as depth, it's not going to be the same across the US. Nail test is a good test but what if you have 4 or 5 nails sitting directly on top of the coin or button ? If you're getting a scratchy tone and don't dig, well you've lost what could have been a good find. The only absolutes in our hobby is you have to dig trash if you want all the goodies. Also, gold can show as iron on the Nox.

I do not know about you guys but I can not wait to get my hands on the Deus 2. Deus in a multi and water proof to 66 ft... That water depth rating will play into my relic hunting game big time. I can not wait to run it in a iron loaded relic site.
I am more excited about this release than any other... Game changer!
A detector I can hunt on land with and also dive with. That is REALLY dive with....not that 10 ft waterproof rating crap.
I feel that I have become proficient at both Equinox and Deus. I take both to new sites. Looking forward to getting the Deus II and hope it is the best in the market. I also feel that a user of both Eqiunox and Deus will excel if the hype holds up. I have one test in my test garden with a nickel buried at 9 inches with three pieces of iron. In my soil, that is a tough target. The equinox will ID it in one direction. If the Deus can do the same, it's game over in my opinion.