Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did a little testing with my 800 today here are some VID #'s

bigelow

Did a little testing today with my 800 and got a few VID/Target ID's to share. They seemed to be pretty consistent regardless of frequency and mode, those factors mostly affected depth/sensitivity. These were all acquired with default park 1 settings, multi frequency and coil approx 3 inches above ground to try to remain consistent. Sorry my friends across the pond I dont have many of your coins to test with but will try to keep adding more in future.
2ey9g05.png

Thanks for the chart. Looks like the zinc penny will fall right between two zones. The low conductive and the high conducive zone. Will probably make for some mixed sounds on targets in the zinc zone depending on how a person sets up the audio and discrimination.

Good point that does make a tight window... lots of settings to play with that might separate them better, this is just a noob trying to study it and learn lol
Bill_S said:
Thanks for the chart. Looks like the zinc penny will fall right between two zones. The low conductive and the high conducive zone. Will probably make for some mixed sounds on targets in the zinc zone depending on how a person sets up the audio and discrimination.

I do have those but had limited time today, I will keep updating list as I go. just grabbed a bin of stuff from my desk I have lots of cons and other stuff just all mixed currently
Bayard said:
You had a kilo silver bar, but, not a silver dime or silver quarter?

It would have been nice to have the real corroded zincs hit about 18-19 and the non corroded around 22-23. But hey they didn't ask me my opinion....Lol

good point again... the zinc I used here was pretty clean.. I think I will get one of my 2 billion corroded ones later to see how it hits :p
Bill_S said:
It would have been nice to have the real corroded zincs hit about 18-19 and the non corroded around 22-23. But hey they didn't ask me my opinion....Lol

Thank you Bigelow..

bigelow said:
I do have those but had limited time today, I will keep updating list as I go. just grabbed a bin of stuff from my desk I have lots of cons and other stuff just all mixed currently

Bigelow.. We thank you for what you are doing. And appreciate the time your taking making your posts. Again Thank you.

Thank you folks, I feel for those of you still waiting so I figured I can offer a little of my time to help ease your pains... hoping you all get them soon.
Elton said:

Bigelow.. We thank you for what you are doing. And appreciate the time your taking making your posts. Again Thank you.

Some people on the Equinox facebook forums are pretty critical so far with this small sample of results (probably angry they dont have a machine yet) anyhow just wanted to make it known this was done simply for my studies to learn about the machine, and I decided to share with the world. Everyone here has been positive and I appreciate that. I just figure the more we share regardless of content the more is out there to help us all master the machine. Being I have had my machine about 24 hours now tops I am still learning obviously and this is just a step in that direction. Hope it helps someone. :)

bigelow, I know it sounds cliché and so I hate to say it, but "ignore the haters." ESPECIALLY on social media. Very little good comes from social media, IMO...

I avoid it like the plague...

Thank you for sharing what you did. You have had the machine for 24 hours, did some initial, cursory things for your own curiosity, and decided to share it with the world, just in case anyone is interested. And what do you get? CRITICISM?

Oh, well. Par for the course, I guess.

Steve

Thanks for your great chart, I put in in the manual at page 31.

A couple of questions:

-
Did the pull tabs not read at all? how about a screw top and foil?

-Did you mean 2 Euro coin? The Manual shows 16 for them (which seems low to me based on my experience, and you 21 sounds closer)

-I am concerned about the low readings for the small gold ring and platinum. Do you have a 90% platinum wedding band to test?

Appreciate the info, its great for all of us waiting!!!!

silvercoinboy said:
Thanks for your great chart, I put in in the manual at page 31.

A couple of questions:

-
Did the pull tabs not read at all? how about a screw top and foil?

-Did you mean 2 Euro coin? The Manual shows 16 for them (which seems low to me based on my experience, and you 21 sounds closer)

-I am concerned about the low readings for the small gold ring and platinum. Do you have a 90% platinum wedding band to test?

Appreciate the info, its great for all of us waiting!!!!

i simply ran out of time but working to add more stuff when i can I did get out a bit more last night and found pulltabs to hit around 14-16 give or take depending on style, also yes i meant the euro 20 cent coin and lastly I dont have a platinum ring on me at all to test sorry the 14k ring hit in the right range 12 simialr to nickel the only one that struggled was the broken unknown karat I have seen broken rings give poor readings on other machines as well so it could be just that affecting it, I wouldnt take to much of this as set in stone, Simply ran them out of my curiosity and wanted to share results to give a baseline at least

Bigelow,

Thanks! Looks like the Manual readings are spot on, I also noticed from the park hunt video that it seems to stay on target ID and not bounce around.

When I get mine, I'll test it with the full range of Euro, German (pre-Euro) and UK coins to see the readings.