Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Difference in frequency

Bigtom123

I’ve seen lot of people say the equinox 600 runs all 5 frequencies when in multi like the 800 does..I’m just going by Minelabs information and I’d say that’s not true...Minelabs wording is a little deceptive and each individual could take from what Minelab says differently..But the graphs on Minelabs website tell the truth in my opinion,why else would they have the separate 600 and 800 graphs.
First,the big graph says it shows multi frequency of the 600 and the 800,and I hafto agree. Although it is showing the probable ranges of multi IQ frequencies for both machines it’s not showing the cutoff for the 600...It’s just showing the full range for the 800,and not showing the cutoff for the 600.
Now,the two separate graphs on Minelabs website clearly do show the 600 in multi only runs the 3 frequencies,5,10 and 15...And the 800 shows it running its 5 frequencies in multi,5,10,15,20 and 40 kHz.
I’ve looked and looked and nowhere does Minelab say the 600 incorporated 20 and 40 kHz when in multi frequency..Although some wording can be deceptive and left for the reader to make theyre own assumption ,,the two seperat graphs on theyre website leaves no doubt the 600 when in multi frequency still only uses 5,10 and 15 kHz and not 20 and 40 kHz.

Bigtom,

From my perspective, the two pictures you attached, one showing a "Multi-IQ" graphic, and the other showing both Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 graphics, are pretty clear. What they show (from my view) is that the frequencies used for Multi-IQ mode for both the 600 and 800 are the same -- 5kHz through 40kHz. That's noted by the white "ribbon" (with the "Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Range" wording in it), that spans all 5 frequencies, in your second attached picture.

Then, each of those two graphics (600, and 800) ALSO shows the single-frequency mode options available for both machines, as denoted by the colored "ribbons" above the individual frequencies. In the 600 graphic, only 5 (red), 10 (yellow), and 15 (green) are highlighted; meanwhile, on the 800, all 5 of the frequencies have a colored ribbon above them -- red (5), yellow (10), green (15), blue (20), and purple (40). These portions of the graphics (the frequencies and their corresponding colored "ribbons" above them) show that on the 600, you can only choose to run 5, 10, and 15kHz as "single" frequencies, but on the 800, you can choose any of the 5.

Finally, to confirm that the white "ribbon" on BOTH the 600 and 800 graphics (the "ribbon" with the "Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Range" wording in it) does indeed mean that all 5 frequencies are used in Multi-IQ mode on BOTH units, Minelab includes (in your first attached picture, the "Multi-IQ" graphic), a specific note underneath the graphic, on your "Multi-IQ" picture. To me, this note should clear everything up, if any doubt still lingers after looking at the graphics; this note says:

20 kHz and 40 kHz not available as single operating frequencies in EQUINOX 600. Multi-IQ frequency range shown [size=small](which in this graphic is clearly 5kHz to 40 kHz)[/size] applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800.

8Why do you suppose they took the 20 and 40 kHz out of the 600 multi IQ scale then?..i mean, if it does indeed have 20 and 40 kHz in multi IQ then why is it not on the 600 graph like it is the 800 graph? Probably a rookie mistake woud be my best guess.lol.. The big scale says (this is a representative only)...So, interpretations are at the readers discretion on that one, but there's no mistaking what's pictured on the 600 and 800 graphs....No, the 600 doesn't have 20 and 40 kHz in multi

Instead of listening to some of the misinformed "wisdom" of a certain poster on another forum, just go to Minelab's website, go to Community, go to Treasure Talk second page, and read Steve Herschbach's article "Equinox 600 vs Equinox 800.

The side by side graphic in the above post comes from that blog. So does a whole lot of other "Real" wisdom and actual facts, not speculation, poorly formed opinions or falsehoods for whatever reason. This whole question has been beaten to oblivion for almost two years.........Minelab is not trying to pull one over on you!

Jeff

Bigtom123 said:
I’ve seen lot of people say the equinox 600 runs all 5 frequencies when in multi like the 800 does..I’m just going by Minelabs information and I’d say that’s not true...

Geez, not this shit again. How many times does this have to be explained?

Till the cow come in I guess! :sleepy:
Jason in Enid said:
Bigtom123 said:
I’ve seen lot of people say the equinox 600 runs all 5 frequencies when in multi like the 800 does..I’m just going by Minelabs information and I’d say that’s not true...

Geez, not this shit again. How many times does this have to be explained?

According to Minelab's Treasure Talk articles,
Multi-frequency operation is identical in the two models,

According to o-scope testing,
Multi-frequency operation is identical in the two models.

Field performance tests confirm,

So, I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that it's probable that,

We've know this for about 2 years now, so it's time for the stragglers to catch up.

If you'd rather not be bothered using Google, here's a link to a ML website article with explanations;
https://www.minelab.com/usa/community/treasure-talk/equinox-600-vs-equinox-800

(Subtle hint - look for the phrase, "Multi-frequency operation is identical in the two models." )

Two things..Does anyone on this thread own a signal analyzer? And has anyone been in direct contact with Minelabs engineers about this issue? I already know the answer is no,and I’m seeing the same guys throwing uneducated guesses out that I’ve read in the prior threads about the 600 frequencies.Yes,I’ve read them all from 2 years back,Same guys,exact same uneducated guesses with absolutely no merit.
Truth is,Minelab posted a graph showing the 600 is only running 3 frequencies in multi ..And they show a graph for the 800 running 5 frequencies in multi..And nowhere do they mention 20 and 40 kHz in the 600,absolutely nowhere.. but a few of you guys know different?

As for leading the horse to water, whole lotta horses here

I solved this problem in very simple fashion. I bought the 800. Now I don't have to worry about it, ever. :clapping:

That's just a thought that might save buying one of the larger bottles of Excedrin or whatever you favorite migraine relief medication happens to be. Others may reach for some distilled relief. Whatever. I would just as soon avoid trying to convince somebody against their will. Won't happen.

If this is a simple exercise in tweaking the minelab faithful or a sense of winter boredom while trapped inside for months on end, I'm thinking since it is only December, if you start at Multi-IQ, it may not hold us for the winter. We should really take a bigger step and go all the way back to BBS and the number of frequencies that are really being transmitted. . . :confused:

Rich -

Well if that's true that the 800 runs all 5 in multi, Not what i hear.
Wondering if minelab would offer a upgrade on the 600's like fisher did for the f75's.

Rich (Utah) said:
I solved this problem in very simple fashion. I bought the 800. Now I don't have to worry about it, ever. :clapping:

That's just a thought that might save buying one of the larger bottles of Excedrin or whatever you favorite migraine relief medication happens to be. Others may reach for some distilled relief. Whatever. I would just as soon avoid trying to convince somebody against their will. Won't happen.

If this is a simple exercise in tweaking the minelab faithful or a sense of winter boredom while trapped inside for months on end, I'm thinking since it is only December, if you start at Multi-IQ, it may not hold us for the winter. We should really take a bigger step and go all the way back to BBS and the number of frequencies that are really being transmitted. . . :confused:

Rich -

Bingo,smartest reply ive heard yet..

Below your first graph {showing all 5 frequencies} clearly states it represents both the 600 and 800 Equinox.
https://www.minelab.com/
select detectors
select 600
click on tech specs
Under frequencies it shows the 600 operating in multi {5 as shown in the graph}, and 5, 10 and 15 as selectable single frequencies.
Pretty cut and dry.
HH Jeff

If you read the text printed below the graph you posted (on the left), it says the multi freq range shown applies to both the 600 and the 800.

For what it is worth, I asked this question of the Engineers when field testing the Equinox, which I began in 2016. Although the 600 only provides three individual operational frequencies, multi includes all five.

I M O.....I have a suspicion that all five are part of the 600 single freq “platform” , just as with the 800. But the software on the 600 only allow for three to be “operational” as single freqs. Otherwise, if all five weren’t available in multi freq, the smart coil (which is interchangeable between the two models) would not be able to properly process information on the 600. If you want all five single frequencies “turned on” in your Equinox, you gotta buy the 800. May be a good example as to how marketing works hand in hand with engineering? HH. Randy

No problem. HH

Everyone gave honest replys . You called everyone liars. Digger repeats what everyone else already told you and he's the only honest answer you got huh. Lol. What the fu#&? Lmao