Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

different programs with same setting

Definitely yes. I can tell a big difference in the way my machine responds to targets and to the environment you hunt in. JMO
HH Jeff

can you explain? what's difference you saw? which mode you prefer in which contest?
Field 2 is my go to mode, it can be a bit chatty in high iron compared to field 1 with relation to iron falseing.
What works for on person won't necessarily work the best for you. JMO
HH Jeff

With all settings the same and using multi-frequency in each mode, Using actual in-ground / non-disturbed non-ferrous targets in the field, this is the information and conclusion I came to for my hunting conditions:

In my soil Park1 comes in 1st place for depth, Pronounced audio at depth and holding a better TID on targets.
Park2 Struggles greatly in my soil and won’t identify a target as strongly (with weak audio) and TID swings much more wildly.

Field1 is much weaker in TID And audio. Depth is something I see lacking in this mode even compared to Park2.
Field2 comes in extremely close to Park1 performance in correct TID, depth and strong audio.

The best thing you can do is find an actual target in the field and set up all the modes you have questioned. Scan the target mode by mode and see which one works best for you.

Definitely work through the different modes, settings and prepare to spend some time testing in the field. I spent many hours doing just this and has greatly helped my learning curve.

The Equinox is a fantastic machine IF one takes
the time to learn the functions and Modes over actual field targets. Doing this greatly enhanced my understanding of which modes and settings work best for me.

Best of luck in the field !!

I agree.

Field 2 is my go to mode, it can be a bit chatty in high iron compared to field 1 with relation to iron falseing.
HH Jeff

HH Jeff
Same here I run field 2 almost all the time unless im water hunting

You asked about overall depth between different Equinox 800 search modes. Like some have already said I have found that to be related to soil mineralization level and target type. If you have studied the manual the only modes that are virtually the same are Gold 1 and Gold 2. The other six modes are very different as described in the manual and cannot be made the same by changing user adjustable settings. If you choose to operate in single frequency instead of multi, Park and Field could conceivably be made to act similar. The Beach modes can only operate in multi.
As far as which mode is the most sensitive especially to small targets, this list was made by Steve Herschbach who was a Nox field tester and consultant.
Most sensitive:
Gold modes
Park 2
Field 2
Field 1
Park 1
Beach 1
Beach 2,
least sensitive

I would try field 2 and use multi...If you get an iffy signal,try 4khz...Wowks good for me!

I would try field 2 and use multi...If you get an iffy signal,try 4khz...Wowks good for me!
i tried exactly this today! impressed how works good with 4khz for iffy signals... found one coin at 8 inches.. never found anything at this depth with VLF in my soil!

I've only to understand if park1 go more deep in high mineralized soil or fild2!

With all settings the same and using multi-frequency in each mode, Using actual in-ground / non-disturbed non-ferrous targets in the field, this is the information and conclusion I came to for my hunting conditions:

In my soil Park1 comes in 1st place for depth, Pronounced audio at depth and holding a better TID on targets.
Park2 Struggles greatly in my soil and won’t identify a target as strongly (with weak audio) and TID swings much more wildly.

Field1 is much weaker in TID And audio. Depth is something I see lacking in this mode even compared to Park2.
Field2 comes in extremely close to Park1 performance in correct TID, depth and strong audio.

The best thing you can do is find an actual target in the field and set up all the modes you have questioned. Scan the target mode by mode and see which one works best for you.

Definitely work through the different modes, settings and prepare to spend some time testing in the field. I spent many hours doing just this and has greatly helped my learning curve.

The Equinox is a fantastic machine IF one takes
the time to learn the functions and Modes over actual field targets. Doing this greatly enhanced my understanding of which modes and settings work best for me.

Best of luck in the field !!
which are the difference between park 1 and fild 2 if they are very similar? why i've to prefer one or the other?

The 1 and 2 modes of Park and Field have more going on than just the stock settings. They have different frequency weightings. For example, Park 1 is lower frequency weighted to be more sensitive to high conductor target, like silver and larger jewelry. Park 2 is higher frequency weighted to be more sensitive to low conductor targets like smaller silver and gold items. Field 1 and 2 have similar differences. Here are some very useful video tutorials that are short but definitely worth checking out if you are interested:
Equinox Tutorial Videos

HTH

CPT_GhostLight explains the differences between Park1 and Field2. For me these two modes provide the best performance in my soil. For me park1 is better in depth and what I mainly use. Try the difference modes and see which works best for you.

which are the difference between park 1 and fild 2 if they are very similar? why i've to prefer one or the other?

The 1 and 2 modes of Park and Field have more going on than just the stock settings. They have different frequency weightings. For example, Park 1 is lower frequency weighted to be more sensitive to high conductor target, like silver and larger jewelry. Park 2 is higher frequency weighted to be more sensitive to low conductor targets like smaller silver and gold items. Field 1 and 2 have similar differences. Here are some very useful video tutorials that are short but definitely worth checking out if you are interested:
Equinox Tutorial Videos

HTH
Agreed, special kudos to Relic Dirtyhands Metal Detecting for making those helpful videos.