Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Different "Unexpected Error" rats

iskirkra

II traded my E-trac in on a new CTX 3030 last week and after putting it together and playing with it in the back yard, I got the "Unexpected Error" shutdown 2 times, so I did the software update which was easy and successful. I was gone this last weekend but got out in the back yard today for some more play and when I went to shut the detector down it did not shut down but went into slow motion. The on/off button would not do anything and when I pushed the menu button, 10 seconds later it would switch screens and continued in slow motion for a couple of minutes then the "Unexpected Error" came on the screen and I had to pull the battery pack out. It turned back on ok, but this concerns me since I have not even had it out on a hunt yet. Has anyone else had an "Unexpected Error" issue after the update? I was not using headphones and using the alkaline battery pack with all but one bar showing.

On a good note, this detector makes the low conductors come to life, I found several buttons in my backyard that I have gone over and over with all my detectors.

I guess I need to call Minelab tomorrow.

Thanks Randy

If they tell you to send it to them just make sure they have some in stock to replace it first. I sent mine in last week but they don't have any in stock to replace it. I'm checking with them again tomorrow to see if there is an eta on my replacement unit. Others here have said productions has stopped due to a possible parts shortage. Let us know what they say.

It has been quite a while since I have had that message but my Unexpected Error message was my fault. I'm not saying this is your case, but I had went from one program to another or was adjusting the discrimination, I forgot what I was doing, but the CTX was not finished doing what I asked it to do before I hit the Off button. Now I shut down from the detect mode and I have not had the problem since.

Larry, that is a possibility, I can't remember what I was doing. I was showing it to my brother and just can't remember. I am going to just keep an eye on it and see what happens but will still call Minelab and see what they say.

Thanks Randy

I had one such episode after the update, was recording a geo hunt and editing the discrimination and it locked up on the do you want to save changes screen.. I shortly after that did a total reset and have not had any issues in the last couple of weeks.. Id do a total reset , reset all of your setting and go hunting . I bet you wont have any more problems.. Note... When you do a total reset the update sticks and its not necessary to redo the update.... wildherre

If you do a reset be sure to save your modes on exchange or you will have to redo them all... I made that mistake twice before doing the update... I save them once or twice a week to update the settings as I come back from the field. Cause out there I make little tweaks and changes that I forget about... just an fyi..

I just turned my on since it was benched for the last two hunts. About a week. After going throught the menus to get a program it froze and no buttons worked. Then the dreaded "Unexpected Error" had to pull the battery again.It started up again and I did not have any issues for the task I was doing
BCNJ

Buried Crap NJ said:
I just turned my on since it was benched for the last two hunts. About a week. After going throught the menus to get a program it froze and no buttons worked. Then the dreaded "Unexpected Error" had to pull the battery again.It started up again and I did not have any issues for the task I was doing
BCNJ
Did it do that after the update?

Gonehunting said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
BCNJ
Yes its has been updated.

There is a fix for this,go to the Exchange 2 program and there is a download fix on line for this problem,it will walk you through this,I have not done it yet will do so today. Hardrock

Buried Crap NJ said:
Gonehunting said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
BCNJ
Yes its has been updated.
I think after the update a reset of the machine is the final step. I noticed mine cleaned up also after reset(after updating).. I would like to know if you still have issues when doing both.

If you read down through the rest of the thread, he has already done the update for the shutdown problem. His problem is for an Unexpected error message, are you saying there is another update Hardrock?