Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging old buried silver question..

Silverbackbob

I got a lead, and permission, to dig for some old buried jars of silver from the 20's and 30's. How deep can the ctx stock coil or 17 inch coil be expected to detect these? Thanks in advance. Bob.

I would say a couple feet at the most. Of course there are so many variables though, for example type of ground, size of jar, one jar or many. I am picturing canning jars tucked together when I say a couple of feet, I think if you crank the sensitivity up and dig anything you should be able to get that depth.

I agree that even the stock coil will hit hard a deep large targets.

Since they are individual coins, would they give a big target reading.... As in gold chains... They dont read well because individual links?

Nah, most jars of silver i dig up sound like big silver ;-)

Ha I was kidding... See the winking eye after my last post

I was recently on a hunt for 5 buried jugs of coins. The CTX with the stock coil showed a penny,. 12-41, at max depth. When we got to the 5 gallon glass jug, it was about 18" to the first coins. A few feet away and about a foot deeper was a plastic jug filled with coins and the CTX still read 12-41 at 12 ". There was little of no trash in the area, and all soft sand. The machine was reaching at least 1`8" on the big jug and about 2'6" on the second. In a trashy area I dont think it would have hit on them.

We are heading back tomorrow to see if we can find the other 3.