Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disconnecting Power Cable From Unit

5900_XL-1

Ok, I can't seem to disconnect the charge cable. Worry about breaking it. Is there special trick besides brute force?

Yeah, mine was tight at first, too.

Try rocking it lengthwise, as you pull straight back.

Mine loosened up quite a bit after the first few charges.

trojdor said:
Yeah, mine was tight at first, too.

Try rocking it lengthwise, as you pull straight back.

Mine loosened up quite a bit after the first few charges.

This, although mine hasn't loosened up as of yet.

Its easier to SLIDE it to the right..... comes right off. Id becareful pulling to hard. Some of those arent glued well and could come apart. I checked and put a dab of epoxy around mine.

dewcon4414 said:
Its easier to SLIDE it to the right..... comes right off. Id becareful pulling to hard. Some of those arent glued well and could come apart. I checked and put a dab of epoxy around mine.
Yep, slide away from unit and it comes right off.

I've noticed that you don't need to "snap" it on . The magnet pulls enough for engagement . Comes apart easily.

dewcon4414 said:
Its easier to SLIDE it to the right..... comes right off. Id be careful pulling to hard. Some of those aren't glued well and could come apart. I checked and put a dab of epoxy around mine.

Not on mine. It really 'locks on' around the edges, and I gave up sliding after applying considerable force.
Maybe it will loosen up that direction with time.

Like you, I'm worried about pulling it apart, and would prefer to slide it off.

Sounds like you got some good magnets there lol. If you got the 800 you should have 2 charging cables...... try the other one. Both of mine slide easily to the right with my thumb.

I use my finger to pull out on the round side of the plug and it comes off. If I pull on the end where the cord goes in it wont come off. The round side it comes right off.