Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do Equinox testers not own a Go Pro?

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
C

calabash digger

A few videos with a guy using a cell phone .. Whats up with that?? Wheres the videos of the test on iron? 3D nail test ? air test? depth test ? I am excited about this machine but the lack of videos showing how it performs has me thinking ..... I hope its a game changer. I read the manual and it looks good just hope it performs.

95% of all the Equinox posts can be answered by "We'll just have to wait and see".

that's too funny! There are kruzer videos everywhere... lol

The guy beach testing the Equinox, I think does his videos on the way to the airport as you get a rushed 3minute video, as its like he has a plane to catch! :unsure:

The problem is that the units aren’t out there in public yet,and the testers that DID have them had non-disclosure agreements which may or may not have something to do with the utter lack of comprehensive video information regarding its performance. As soon as they actually get into peoples hands who are ordinary “Joes” then we will see the flood of videos,and I hope they are well done with signal acquisition,different settings tried,depth indicated,actual depth,other objects in the hole and what the recovered target is. I enjoy watching videos that are USEFUL in the way of information,and showing how the watcher can potentially become a better hunter. When these videos come,I do hope also that they have a GoPro!:)

I want to see a few videos of a 'test garden' with the same coins at various depths, nails 2" from the coin, nail on the coin, nail under the con, bottle caps vs gold rings, pull tabs and gold jewelry, depth in high mineral ground, depth in low mineral sand, depth at beach in dry sand- then wet sand- then in the water, and a few good numbers charts. Also, with different coils, small, large and middle size.

jas415 said:
I want to see a few videos of a 'test garden' with the same coins at various depths, nails 2" from the coin, nail on the coin, nail under the con, bottle caps vs gold rings, pull tabs and gold jewelry, depth in high mineral ground, depth in low mineral sand, depth at beach in dry sand- then wet sand- then in the water, and a few good numbers charts. Also, with different coils, small, large and middle size.

Hell, we all wish we had them in our hands to do those videos. Even when we get the detector, it will still be a while before we have small/large coils to test.

I was just thinking they might let the testers show some info now. But hey what do I know......

calabash digger said:
I was just thinking they might let the testers show some info now. But hey what do I know......
s

That’s a thought...are the testers allowed to keep them or do they return them? Do they have footage they took and now they can disclose it? Good question...inquiring minds want to know! Since I’m frozen in,I REALLY need some videos to watch!

All or most of those tester machines have been incomplete units that until just recently were still under development and being tweaked. Not only was there probably non disclosure agreements , but they were being careful not to show too much of a machine that may not be exactly the same as the final release.....which makes a lot of sense. Even though we all wanted to see something , its not really doing us any good seeing something that is not the final product anyway. Now that it has been officially released and the final product is getting out we should start seeing enough videos and reviews to keep us busy for a while very soon.

[size=large]Some companies who have prototypes out there rely on feedback from those users to make changes where needed. Many engineers and design teams are relying on that information so the product will work for real life people who are out hunting everyday. I have never signed a release form but have been asked to keep the info confidently because what was being used may not be the end product.
On the other hand, if a product is complete and not released yet, a company will make videos as a marketing tool to get people excited. ( 90+ % of the conclusions/decisions that we make are based on what we see and hear.) Therefore, companies release videos as soon as possible to increase potential customer awareness and anticipation. (not true in all situations, but most.) Again, this is just my experience and 2 cents. HH Richard
[/size]

Always, just wait snd see. All protocol in marketing.

IIRC as of the dealer meeting the software was not ready. Also early on it was said the EQ's didnt even have
all the features running. SO no testers had a customer ready machine. They were test units to work out bugs etc.
The info that trickled out was at best to tease us & keep our attention.

Tom
LFOD !

Well you would think they could take one off of those pallets and show us a air test or something ! lol

Yep, Tom, I agree. The units at Detectival were NOT fully functional, in terms of all the features; that was said even by Minelab's engineer that was there.

Minelab, from my view, made a calculated gamble. It appears to me that they decided to go ahead and release info on the Equinox BEFORE it was ready (and BEFORE they probably otherwise would have), so as to "get their hat in the ring" given other machines coming on the market just prior to, or at about the same time frame as, the Equinox would. The GOOD thing is, that allowed us all to have a better idea of "what our choices would be," machine-wise, in the near future, and decide accordingly which one we might want to allocated our dollars toward. The BAD thing is, it obviously set up an expectation in some folks' minds that the machines were farther along, development-wise, than they actually were. Thus, the polarized responses we are seeing play out on the forums -- with some folks being glad that Minelab continued making adjustments and improvements all the way to the end (and as such, in no real rush to receive the machines), and then other folks who believe they have been lied to, and are angry that Minelab is "late" with the release.

Hopefully, once the machines arrive, people are pleased with them and what they are capable of, and the information starts to flow from new owners, and we can get back to enjoying the hobby (and get the forums back to discussing detecting and the finds being made, instead of the angst regarding the roll-out of the unit)!

Steve

It’s like Dave Matthews band and Metallica. DWB you could record share everything... free promotion!

Metallica will sue you and your grandparents for even trying it.

Makro knows people want to see it to drive hype minelab is keeping their cards close.. we will see who wins. :starwars:

I can only speak for myself. I did get a GoPro and set up a YouTube channel and had planned on posting on various forums along with videos. However, there was a lot of early commentary to the effect of “factory testers are biased, don’t pay attention, wait for paid customer videos”. My time is very valuable to me, and that commentary made me decide I had better things to do with my time. So the YouTube channel never launched, and that’s the end of that story. With machines shipping I am sure someone will pick up the slack soon, so no worries.

steve herschbach said:
I can only speak for myself. I did get a GoPro and set up a YouTube channel and had planned on posting on various forums along with videos. However, there was a lot of early commentary to the effect of “factory testers are biased, don’t pay attention, wait for paid customer videos”. My time is very valuable to me, and that commentary made me decide I had better things to do with my time. So the YouTube channel never launched, and that’s the end of that story. With machines shipping I am sure someone will pick up the slack soon, so no worries.
There's always going to be idiots people saying crap like that; don't pay any attention to them!
The majority here appreciate everyone's feedback, and we're intelligent enough to process it ourselves based on who posted it, their experience, etc.
So bottom line, next time, ignore the trolls! We appreciate anyone that takes the time to share their thoughts (except the trolls).

EAvila said:
There's always going to be idiots people saying crap like that; don't pay any attention to them!
The majority here appreciate everyone's feedback, and we're intelligent enough to process it ourselves based on who posted it, their experience, etc.
So bottom line, next time, ignore the trolls! We appreciate anyone that takes the time to share their thoughts (except the trolls).

Yeah, it has been suggested to me I should grow a thicker skin or as one person put it so well “a larger set of balls”:lmfao: From my perspective however forums are just like entering a room full of people. If everyone is warm and welcoming, then you might want to hang out. If there are a lot of jerks though, including a few who want to take a swing at you personally - well maybe it’s just best to leave. Just because there are some nice people in the room does not mean it’s a friendly place to hang out. People have no idea really who I am and what motivates me, but if they think it is a free detector or a few bucks... then they really don’t know me! The bottom line is I have no room in my life for negative people and I avoid them like the plague. It baffles me truly as to why people think anyone should have to “grow a thicker skin” just to participate on a forum. Mine is only getting thinner with age.

Anyway, said more than I meant to, but the basic question being asked I felt deserved an answer. Some people are involved in early releases and given a detector with the expectation it will be promoted in some fashion. I am under no such requirement. I could have kept my involvement with engineering secret and in some ways that may have let some people at Minelab sleep better because I am a bit of a loose cannon. My part in all this is now coming to a close and I am moving on to other projects and directions in life. I do wish everyone here well and it will be interesting to sell what everyone ultimately decides about Equinox. Happy Hunting!!