Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do I have a battery or a charger problem?

jbow

I have not used my V3 for several months. This morning I removed the NiMH pack and put it in the charger and in a minute I noticed that the green light was on. I have a hard time believing that the battery held a full charge over the winter. I will put it in the V3 and check the voltage, leave it on and see how fast it drains. Is there any other way I can check this to see if I have a problem?
I tried to use my E-TRAC yesterday and the rechargable battery was FLAT. My other detectors with alkalines were fine and still had a pretty strong charge. I have checked them all to be sure all the batteries look ok and they do.

Anyway... does this sound right or is it a malfunction? It don't seem right considering the ET battery was flat.

Thanks.

Julien

It doesn't get any easier than putting it in your detector and reading the voltage J!

Waiting to hear J.

Yeah I know but it is in the garage, laff...

It was user error, I guess Ididn't have the battery pack inserted into the charger good enough. I went in the other room, pulled it out, unplugged the charger and reinserted the battery pack and the red has been on for the better part of an hour.

I would have checked it in the detector but I am exhausted, almost fell asleep a few minutes ago. Was my grand daughters yesterday, of course Nana and Papa did most of the work, then she came over with a friend, spent the night, had to have to school at 7:50 and carpenters are here building a screen porch and deck onto the house... this was all easier when I was younger.. man it gets to me quick these days.

I am glad it was just me and not the charger! Thanks for the reply! GD lost a small ear ring (pierced) I am going to try and find it... good luck right?

Julien zzzzzzzzz *** WHAT???

Het Rob... glad you're home. Hope you had a nice trip. I haven't checked in lately, spent the winter on Cakewalk recording forums... I need to get out and hunt some but life has been CRAZY lately.

Thanks,

Julien

Great to know you are still kicking. Hope you find time to write on the forum. Your old detector is working fine. Thanks for the follow up, many guys won't say I made a mistake. Good hunting.