Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you dig signals that overload the ctx 3030?

stitchlips

Every once in a while I get a target that overloads the machine. I guess it would depend on the evironment, but do you guys normally dig these or leave them?

I do till I see what it is or enough of it to feel safe walking away, and not wondering what it was the rest of the day, for me on the beach it is a can or big iron, only once did I get a real nice overload and it turned out to be a silver dollar on a big silver chain attached to some keys. but I was in three foot of water and couldn't see it till I recovered it.

Lots of overload signals in my parks which usually indicate old pipes or other man made obstructions. I always pass them up.

Several times mine has given an overload indication on quarters etc. that are close to the surface.
Cal

Me neither on coins, anyhow, it depends where it is. Deep in the woods I do. Fields sometimes. parks or yards, no.

Surface toonies(2$ coins) give overloads sometimes. But I use target sizing on pinpoint, that helps me decide. If it's iron and not huge, I remove it, you never know whats hiding under it.

I guess it is probably site dependent.
Say someone asked you to search out a cache on their property..then I would dig Overloads.
Parks and beaches probably not.