Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you prefer the WM 08 module over the standard ML 80 phones?

silvercoinboy

Latency is less, but I need to be convinced that it is a big enough difference to go backed to a wired headphone, albeit attached to my module

For me, it depends on what I am detecting for. If I am just casual coin and jewelry hunting in a turf/park situation, the stock wireless headphones supplied with the Equinox 800 are fine. If I am hunting in high wind, relic or coin hunting for deep stuff, beach hunting or especially gold prospecting for tiny and sometimes deep targets, I use the WM08 module with a high quality set of wired headphones or earbuds for sound quality and/or noise cancellation. I don't enjoy wasting my time trying to find tiny targets with the slower responding stock wireless headphones.

Jeff

I hunt with the 08 module only, the tone quality with full sized headphones can't be beat. The cord might be awkward but it still wireless. JMO
HH Jeff

I personally don't like the Equinox wireless earphone's tone. It is not treble enough, too much bass and does not bring out the high tones for non-ferrous targets. So I use Miccus SR-71 headphones with the WM-08 module. Too bad the newer Miccus SR-71 headphones won't pair up with the Equinox 800. And they won't because they are on bluetooth 5.0 and the Equinox 800 is not on bluetooth 5 .0.

I personally don't like the Equinox wireless earphone's tone. It is not treble enough, too much bass and does not bring out the high tones for non-ferrous targets. So I use Miccus SR-71 headphones with the WM-08 module. Too bad the newer Miccus SR-71 headphones won't pair up with the Equinox 800. And they won't because they are on bluetooth 5.0 and the Equinox 800 is not on bluetooth 5 .0.
I agree the sound seems to have a bit too much bass on the ML 80. The koss ur 30 had the same problem which was too much bass. Too much treble can be a problem though as you can get a very annoying hiss coming through in the background. No win!

WM 08 90% of the time with earbuds. In fact I latterly got a new set of ear buds today from Amazon.
I like hearing my surroundings for safety.
Doug

Thanks all. I have the new Bose noise cancellation headphones I'll try wired to the WM 08

The wm08 with headbanded earbuds. I attached the module to the visor of a cap and zip tied the buds to the outside of the cap so everything stays put. The extra wire is wrapped around the band of the earbuds so feels like just ordinary cap.
Sound is fine but not as rich as bt. Can still hear surrounding sounds which for me is essential when alone in the woods.

I have tried both my Bose QC 35s and the new Bose 700s. Both are 300 to 400 dollars. I wasn't impressed with them as far as sounds from the Equinox. But, they are fantastic for noise cancellation at work since I am constantly in a server room full of a bunch computer systems..
Anyhow, I tried them with the module but would get one scary electronic click from them when I plugged them in. Don't know what that's all about. Didn't hurt the headphones but worried me a bit. The sound is okay. But it didn't seem good enough for me to justify using my nice clean work headphones out in the field.
I also tried them connected via Bluetooth. Definitely notice the lag, no click obviously since nothing was getting plugged in. Again the sound quality difference didn't impress me..
Maybe I'll give it another go though just to confirm my thoughts..

WM08 almost all the time. I have tried the stock headphones and aftermarket Btooth and don't care for the lag in sound but the aftermarkets do sound better than the stock set. So that all being said a "Real" pair of headphones full muff style can't be beat for great sound and no lag at all from the WM08. Plus independent volume controls for each ear. Get out there