Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know

7centsworth

where I can get a map of where general sheman camped in ky during the civil war? I just learned he set up camp close to where I live but I do not know where.

My advice on that would be to look on the net for that war and soldiers diary's.

LabradorBob

The following site will show you the major engagements of the civil war in Kentucky and you will be able to see battlefield maps of the war and with a little reading and review the Rapists march to the sea.
I never much appreciated the slaughter rape and pillaging of the South by war criminals like Sherman and those under him. One might remember that the war was all but over and his gutless endeavors did much to antogonize the people of the South. The North and the South did atrocities especially in their concentration camps but Shermans wanton destruction of civilians was simply a war crime.

Heres the link

http://americancivilwar.com/statepic/kentucky.html

It was not a war here , he just camped here on the way through I think. Our town was namd after him I have found out. Thanks for the information.

This is very interesting sight that may help you and others (good luck) official militia records and reports of the civil war ( ehistory at osu )
It's free...............:clapping: hope this helps..