Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't care for 1.11

MidTN

How do I revert back to 1.09? I tried to download 1.09 from Nokta's web page and it will not allow me to download 1.09. Help

How do I revert back to 1.09? I tried to download 1.09 from Nokta's web page and it will not allow me to download 1.09. Help
Not sure if it's possible and not sure why you would want to. I've used both versions and cannot imagine any reason why the detector would not work at least as well with v1.11 than it did with v1.09, assuming of course the download was done correctly and you put all the personalized settings in v1.11 back like you had them in v1.09.

Not sure if it's possible and not sure why you would want to. I've used both versions and cannot imagine any reason why the detector would not work at least as well with v1.11 than it did with v1.09, assuming of course the download was done correctly and you put all the personalized settings in v1.11 back like you had them in v1.09.
Downloaded 1.11, with no issues. I don't like all the chatter now with 1.11. Had the machine out earlier today and could not make it get quiet. Tried every setting change I could to make quieter. No luck.

Downloaded 1.11, with no issues. I don't like all the chatter now with 1.11. Had the machine out earlier today and could not make it get quiet. Tried every setting change I could to make quieter. No luck.
I think I may have answered you post on Facebook but just in case as Digdog stated try doing a factory default reset and then do a re install of 1.11 then do another factory default reset and turn around and do another re install of 1.11 and yet another factory default reset and then see if that helps with your issues you are seeing

if you are still set on reverting back to 1.09 you can do that using the same installer tool that you used to do the 1.11 update

open the installer tool and follow the steps once it is open to the point you are ready to tell it to update there is a drop down arrow next to the box that has the version you are going to install click on the drop down arrow, all the versions are in that drop down box you can select 1.09 from there then click the update button and let it do its thing, then make sure you do a factory default reset after the install, I recommend you try re installing 1.11 like I stated first though, I had some issues when I first installed 1.11 similar to what you are stating and once I did the re installs my legend was better than ever

my feelings are that with some of the Legends the new version that you are updating to does not set in quite correctly and it takes a few re installs before the update sets in correctly, do not know if this is the case or not but it is what I believe is occurring, with some of the Legends and updates especially if your Legend was 1.04 i actually have two Legends and the one I initially received was 1.04 version I have had nothing but issues when updating to a new version my second Legend was 1.05 version that I had the dealer I purchased it from update to 1.07 I performed all the other updates and have had zero issues with it at all with any of the updates I installed, there is no rhyme or reasonable explanation for why one Legend you have zero issues and another Legend you have nothing but issues when installing a new update

hope this helps

Reinstalled 1.11, and reset my machine last night. Went back to the site I was hunting yesterday. Machine was quite as a mouse. Oldkoot and DigDog thanks for the input.
As oldkoot said, no rime or reason why it happens sometimes when updating to some. Nature of electronics.
Im sure a few that have had issues with their legend it was simply a matter of reinstalling the software and rebooting.
Its a phenomenal machine.

Whats the difference between 1.09 and 1.11?Thanks cjm

According to the Nokta website:
Updates Made:
1. A new level "0" has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting in the Park, Field and Goldfield modes. In addition, a new level 9 has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting.

There has been no change to the levels 1-8. Level 9 will become handy when trying to discriminate some unwanted mid-conductors such as shotgun cartridges as iron.

2. The Backlight setting has been reconfigured as below:
The Backlight setting’s levels have been increased to 6 from 5. Levels 1-5 in the software version 1.09 is now equal to 2-6 in this version. Level 1 in this version is now the reduced level.

3. The automatic Backlight setting has been reconfigured to work as below:
a)
When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the automatic Backlight was not activated when the pinpoint button was pressed to turn on Tracking in the Ground Balance screen. This now has been updated.
b) When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the Backlight was turning off once you exit the Settings menu. This now has been updated so that the Backlight goes off within the normal time-out period.
c) When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the automatic Backlight was not activated when the pinpoint button was pressed in the Notch Discrimination Pattern. This now has been updated.
d) While in Automatic Ground Balance, the auto backlight will now be lit until the ground balancing is completed.

4. M3 multi frequency in PARK mode has been updated to prevent coins from being masked by aluminum foil.

5. Bottle Cap Rejection setting has been added.
When the device is in multi frequency,
select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "bC" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the bC value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the bC is 0, it means that it is off.

6. Ground Suppressor setting has been added.
It is used to eliminate false ground signals in tough terrains. To access the setting, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "GS" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the GS value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the GS is 0, it means that it is off. It is recommended that you leave this setting at off position unless needed.

7. The audio emitted as the Tone Break points are changed while in 60-Tone, has been modified with increased bass.

8. Audio Gain setting has been activated in the Gold Field Mode.

9. Warning tones have been added to the buttons.

The buttons will now emit a warning tone in the following cases:
a) To indicate the minimum and maximum levels of settings.
b) When an inactive setting in a specific mode trying to be activated.
The loudness of the warning tones will work directly proportional to the Volume setting.

10. Bluetooth Chip Version will now be displayed.

When the Bluetooth headphones are paired with the device and the Bluetooth setting is selected, press and hold the Discrimination button. The Bluetooth chip version will be displayed in the clock section. When the button is released, the clock will be displayed again.

11. The loudness of the Volume Level 1 has been reduced in PARK, FIELD and BEACH modes.

12. General improvements have been implemented.

I’ve seen a few quirks when dealing with the Legend, especially when dealing with updating the operating system….Perhaps we should document these quirks as users of the machine and add a “sticky” on the forum….I know that I’ve been so frustrated at times that I was ready to spear chuck my Legend through a window !

Me too! I'm sending mine in. If it is not replaced or fixed, I'm just getting a nox.
Something about the 1.11 update really messed something up?

I’ve seen a few quirks when dealing with the Legend, especially when dealing with updating the operating system….Perhaps we should document these quirks as users of the machine and add a “sticky” on the forum….I know that I’ve been so frustrated at times that I was ready to spear chuck my Legend through a window !
I hear where you are coming from my first legend was 1.04 version one of the updates (and I cannot remember which one) took me over 17 hours to get the install to work and when it finally did work there was absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why it finally installed, needless to say I was ready to take a sledge hammer to my Legend and 3 different computer, my second Legend was 1.05, I had the dealer I purchased it from update to 1.07 and I performed all the other updates myself I have not had one issue with the one that was originally 1.05, like I said there is no rhyme or reason as to why some of the Legends update really easy and others the update process want to make you have nightmares attempting to do the updates,

personally I am glad the updates are over for now, and personally for me the 1.11 version I find to be the best update of all the ones that were released to us

Ok,
I think I would have ben fine with 1.07 🤷‍♂️
Honestly I would have been good with 1.04 which was the original version that came to market, 1.04 for me was actually the best version but we cannot go back to 1.04 I personally had no issues what so ever with the first Legend I purchased which came with 1.04, but then the updates started rolling out because of everyone that said the Legend needed this and that and that is when the problems started with my first Legend, like I said in a earlier reply to this thread my second Legend came with 1.05 and the dealer I purchased it from updated it to 1.07 I have never had an issue at all with the one that was originally 1.05, my original 1.04 version Legend has been nothing but a problem child since I installed the first update which was 1.05, if I had the choice today I would have never updated my first Legend to any new update, the two Legends I have are like night and day different and I can not explain it but they are two totally different detectors even though they are supposed to be the same both have 1.11 and everything so I have absolutely no clue

I can literally set both of my Legends up with identical settings and they both run completely different, the second Legend I purchased with 1.05 now 1.11 runs the best out of both, its depth and stability are better, the threshold works better the tones sound much cleaner the ground balance seems better, I could go on and on with differences in the two but it would take me hours to list the differences, like I said there is no Rhyme or reason and please do not take me wrong I love the legend but there are quirks with it even when doing test one against the other with same coil same settings same modes and they both run completely different, my original I can not run the LG24 on it but my second Legend I can so if you can explain it I am all ears or eyes LOL

Honestly I would have been good with 1.04 which was the original version that came to market, 1.04 for me was actually the best version but we cannot go back to 1.04 I personally had no issues what so ever with the first Legend I purchased which came with 1.04, but then the updates started rolling out because of everyone that said the Legend needed this and that and that is when the problems started with my first Legend, like I said in a earlier reply to this thread my second Legend came with 1.05 and the dealer I purchased it from updated it to 1.07 I have never had an issue at all with the one that was originally 1.05, my original 1.04 version Legend has been nothing but a problem child since I installed the first update which was 1.05, if I had the choice today I would have never updated my first Legend to any new update, the two Legends I have are like night and day different and I can not explain it but they are two totally different detectors even though they are supposed to be the same both have 1.11 and everything so I have absolutely no clue

I can literally set both of my Legends up with identical settings and they both run completely different, the second Legend I purchased with 1.05 now 1.11 runs the best out of both, its depth and stability are better, the threshold works better the tones sound much cleaner the ground balance seems better, I could go on and on with differences in the two but it would take me hours to list the differences, like I said there is no Rhyme or reason and please do not take me wrong I love the legend but there are quirks with it even when doing test one against the other with same coil same settings same modes and they both run completely different, my original I can not run the LG24 on it but my second Legend I can so if you can explain it I am all ears or eyes LOL
Ok,
I can’t help but think that with supply chain issues the way they are, that perhaps certain internal parts on these detectors might be different in some batches….This happens to electronics on a regular basis and could be the culprit here….Parts could be sourced that are in the same value, or close enough to the same value to work…I’m not saying that this is he case, but it wouldn’t surprise me….No 2 detectors are created equal….I’ve seen this on more than one occasion…Id be interested to see how close any 2 detectors from the same batch are even close in tolerences…

When the Fisher CZ was popular there was a baseline test using certain settings and a dime to see if certain depth was obtained if the CZ wouldn’t hit that dime it was considered flawed..
be good to see a baseline test of some sort used on these newer models might get some interesting results..