Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Double Score Headphone/Earbud?

tab-nabit

Wondering what headphones/earbuds work with the Double Score?
What gets me is I see the Double Score doesn't have any standard headphone plug-in jack that I'm used to - What!
Of course the Nokta BT headphones should work but what about other options, both headphones (cold weather, maybe high noise environment) and earbuds (hot weather, easier if in the rain as jacket rain hood can cover earbuds).
I see for BT APT X then when I look I see things like 5.0, or 5.3 etc. I don't know what this means and which/what works with the Double Score.
Why couldn't they just add a plug-in headphone jack with a waterproof cap if not used - for old school stupid old crunchy guy like me that has several plug-in headphones & earbuds, all with wire...
If I do this, I have to use headphones/earbuds because that's the way I have always done it. Audio/tone detecting is my detecting game...
Any help appreciated.

What gets me is I see the Double Score doesn't have any standard headphone plug-in jack that I'm used to - What!
Of course the Nokta BT headphones should work but what about other options, both headphones (cold weather, maybe high noise environment) and earbuds (hot weather, easier if in the rain as jacket rain hood can cover earbuds).
I see for BT APT X then when I look I see things like 5.0, or 5.3 etc. I don't know what this means and which/what works with the Double Score.
Why couldn't they just add a plug-in headphone jack with a waterproof cap if not used - for old school stupid old crunchy guy like me that has several plug-in headphones & earbuds, all with wire...
If I do this, I have to use headphones/earbuds because that's the way I have always done it. Audio/tone detecting is my detecting game...
Any help appreciated.
I use these for the hot days, but i use wired over ear for cold weather

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_183545_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_183545_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 33
Any help appreciated.
And I made this set up for my wired, just a tube that slide with the adapter mounted, to prevent the dangle
1000004295.jpg

dd214 Thank!
So looks like the headphones are 5.0 wireless. When I was looking via Amazon, saw 5.0 and 5.3. Might have been others.
2nd pic is some kind of adapter. I think the adapter I seen one was for the Ledgend, another for Simplex and might have been another, just didn't see any described for Score/Double Score - don't know if the pin-out is different.

Yeah I'm a little stuck for a toss in the back of the SUV detector (no high end) that when I happen by a place and have time or when wife is at an appointment (half hour, can go an hour or two depending) I'd like to keep a detector in the back for when an opportunity comes along. Couple of appointments I sat and waited up to a couple hours so might as well find a nearby detecting spot & give it a go - also recent appointments it rained so might as well get a detector for rainy weather.

I'm bouncing between the Double Score and X-Terra Pro unless something else changes my mind.

Yes, that way you'll always be ready! Legend, scores and simplex use the same headphone adapters. I was looking into the xterra pro also a while back, complaints of jumpy vdi numbers turned me off, but the low price point for so many features you can't really lose.

dd214 thanks again. Clarification really helps to understand on the headphone adapter. I kept looking at the pin-out but wasn't 100% sure. Good to know and thank again.

I got the ones in the link above 25.99 and they are very comfortable and connected to My Double Score flawlessly. Excellent product for the price and you can choose your color as well. Weird name but they all come from China even the overpriced ones with detector brands associated with them.