Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Drained lake finds

Larry (IL)

They are draining our lake for a fish kill this week so I had to take advantage of the old swimming hole from the 50's to mid 60's. Far from being the first to hunt the beach still yielded some nice finds with the 3030. All of the silver was 12 to 16 inches deep and that was probably why it was missed by others. If I heard a weak repeating beep with no ID, I dug and found the silver. 13 wheats were also hidden deep in the sand.

I tried the foil and hot water with baking soda and salt to clean up the water damaged silver and was surprised how well they turned out. They still needed a little finger rubbing with the baking soda to finish them off but real pleased with the outcome. The war nickels I tried cleaning with the silver didn't turn out as nice but they are clean :lol: A couple dollars in clad not in the pictures.

[attachment 361217 lake1.jpg][attachment 361218 Lake6.jpg]

Wow Larry ….. That is awesome !!

No, just the stock coil is all I use. I don't think I would even want to dig any deeper. :rofl:

Nice digs! The 17 will turn those whispers into good signals and you can reasonable expect up to 2 inches more in depth. I am just saying since they already have it drained...

Hey Larry, I was going to ask you If you ever hunted the old swimming hole. I used to swim there back in the 70's. Looks like a good haul, I bet that mud was awful.

Hi Brian, yep this is the second time I got to hunt the old beach but this time it was drained a lot more and I got further out. They drained it partially a few years ago for upgrading and I did pretty well that year too, even got a gold ring :happy: I stayed out of the mud but it did look pretty gooey.

Nice hearing from you Brian and Nancy says Hi. BTW, our Christmas cactus is starting to bloom again :thumbup: