Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dream machine

UncleTom

You know it just kills me Minelab builds a machine with most of the things we have asked for and so many complain too many bells and whistles. Just buy what you like we have so many to pick from, I love what they have offered us. My .02

I think it was very nice of Minelab to cater to the folks who really appreciate their product and do not mind having the BEST machines on the market. You get what you pay for. If I wanted to find nails at a half inch all day I would buy a radio shack model. Sure I could "settle" for another brand, but why when I know I would be lacking with my finds due to the fact of overdetecting. This is where detectors like the ctx shine.........where others have missed targets due to iron infested sites ground conditions etc. These places were considered finished up until MINELAB hit a home run(again)!! :minelab:

They even put a clock on it. Nice touch of convenience. In another forum I mentioned I would like to see that as a feature on future detectors and I think most readers thought I was nuts. It will help me keep track of time since I tend to not pay attention and sometimes don't wear a watch or carry a phone.

I will have one in a few days since I have been a minelab guy for many years.

This does sound like a great new heater
BUT

What gets me is...5lbs.....balanced or not...after 3 or 4 hrs...5 lbs is five pounds and like I said I will comment more on this after I have given it a spin for several hours.

I truly hope I am mistaken...if not, I will have to switch arms like I did with old lead etrac.....and just go on digging.

Life is good
Thank u minelab

GraveDiggerMax-VaBch-Va said:

BUT

What gets me is...5lbs.....balanced or not...after 3 or 4 hrs...5 lbs is five pounds and like I said I will comment more on this after I have given it a spin for several hours.

I truly hope I am mistaken...if not, I will have to switch arms like I did with old lead etrac.....and just go on digging.

Life is good
Thank u minelab

You wont believe how light this machine feels. No problem with extended hunts.

I have used a swing thing on my Etrac since I bought it because of a bad shoulder. I had my first hunt the other day with the CTX. 5 hours of swinging with no swing thing and I had no problems. You can tell that it weighs 5 #s but it is so well balance that you do not get fatigued. It is hard to explain, it is almost like it is an extention of your arm. Take it form someone that could not hunt with out the aide of the swing thing you will love the feel of the CTX.

Look forward to your videos with it and seeing how it does on the beach. I was thinking hard about one but picked up a different heater instead. May get one later when the new has worn off and there are a few for sell.

Jason

jablonsky said:

BUT

Life is good
Thank u minelab

You wont believe how light this machine feels. No problem with extended hunts.
I agree totally about how light this machine feels. I used mine for the first time today. Used it for 4 hours or so, and never did do the switch arm routine. The way my coil shaft was adjusted, I thought the coil could have been a touch heavier to totally balance out the weight of the battery. Had I expended the shaft more that would probably have made for the perfect balance for me.

I totally agree.......the unit looks heavy but after hours of swinging it it still feels light. To me it feels lighter than my Exp. and etrac.
I was never a big believer in detecter balance or buying an aftermarket shaft to make the detector easier to swing. BUT I'M A BELIEVER NOW. I'm a low'n slow hunter but I had to keep checking my swing speed because I found myself sometimes inavertably starting to swing faster because of the perfect balance and feel of lightness.
I'm enjoying the CTX........it's a hobby so an enjoyable experience is what its all about for me.

Dave