Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Drought conditions in South Texas..............

Kelley (Texas)

It has been hot and dry down here in South Texas and crops are starting to burn up in the fields. This picture was taken north of San Antonio, Texas the other morning. Are any of you folks experiencing drought condtions too? Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 237567 015_edited7-5-12.jpg]

Kelley, it's dry here too, but not quite that bad.

The beans and corn here are green for now,

If we don't get some rain in the next week or so were done.

A good buddy has about 150 acres in beans.

It started raining here today at around 5:30 or so.

We may get as much as 5" in the next week.

Pat actually has 200 acres in beans, i was guessing before.

He is going to have a relaxing weekend.

Wow, never seen corn that burnt before. Must be really dry where u are Kelley. That corn actually looks more burnt than the grass in my part of CA does in the summer months.:surprised:

I thought that we had it bad down here on the north Arkansas border, but that is some "dry" you got going there, Kelley. Ponds are dry here, or, really, really low.

Folks started feeding hay in July. Hay prices went from $4 a square to $8, and round bales from $30 to $60-$80. :There people from Texas, Mississippi, and Alabama on our local Craigslist offering hay at $80 a round bale.

The guy who gave me Mabel, aka "Blind Mabel", says that I have more grass than 90% of the folks in the county. It was browning, but started to come back after we had a pretty good rain.

If you know of anyone who wants to buy ragweed, let me know. I can sell it by the truck load. Most of it looks like I sewed it, fertilized it, and irrigated it. :) It's plush and lush.