Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dry ground VS wet ground...

gunwolf

had a 3 week period with no rain and the digging was tough... but silver just popped in the dry ground here, and my silver count went way up... the last few days it has been raining occasionally and I have found I can no longer run "hot" meaning a 28 sensitivity... so back down to either auto +3 which runs on about 10 or so, or manual 14. I hit a few new spots and my deepest coin was 6" ... I switched coils to the 8x6 thinking the smaller the better... my deepest coin was 4" pulled a few wheats at that depth but still no silver... there is a definite correlation between wet mineralized soil and dry mineralized soil when it come to the E-trac... we are entering the summer "afternoon shower" phase.. so I better figure out what works in this wet soil... gonna be trying quite a few different settings this week...

That's pretty interesting. I normally seem to do a little better after a rain but my soil is very mild and I can keep the sensitivity high.

had a 3 week period with no rain and the digging was tough... but silver just popped in the dry ground here, and my silver count went way up... the last few days it has been raining occasionally and I have found I can no longer run "hot" meaning a 28 sensitivity... so back down to either auto +3 which runs on about 10 or so, or manual 14. I hit a few new spots and my deepest coin was 6" ... I switched coils to the 8x6 thinking the smaller the better... my deepest coin was 4" pulled a few wheats at that depth but still no silver... there is a definite correlation between wet mineralized soil and dry mineralized soil when it come to the E-trac... we are entering the summer "afternoon shower" phase.. so I better figure out what works in this wet soil... gonna be trying quite a few different settings this week...
?????????????? https://www.findmall.com/threads/dry-dirt-weather-coil-yes-there-may-be-one.350556/ ????????

I hit well with all coils in dry soil... I just ordered a 12x10sef.. but my problem lies in wet soil.... the water seems to super halo the mineralization and mask targets... just the past 10 days with the soil super dry... silver was very easy to find, as per my finds posts... not so much since the ground got wet again... yes I'm looking forward to the 12x10 sef... but I don't know if it will do any better in this soil when wet.

I hit well with all coils in dry soil... I just ordered a 12x10sef.. but my problem lies in wet soil.... the water seems to super halo the mineralization and mask targets... just the past 10 days with the soil super dry... silver was very easy to find, as per my finds posts... not so much since the ground got wet again... yes I'm looking forward to the 12x10 sef... but I don't know if it will do any better in this soil when wet.
Just saying.....we like it.....not trying to tell you to go get one ....works for me in wet or dry....are you finding any IH pennies ?

The only problem we have around here (and maybe its true everywhere) is cutting a plug in dry ground with green grass means a dead plug a few days later. I seem to do better in moist ground than dry ground…..main coil for me now is the 12x10 SEF no matter what as long as ground is open to swing freely.

The only problem we have around here (and maybe its true everywhere) is cutting a plug in dry ground with green grass means a dead plug a few days later. I seem to do better in moist ground than dry ground…..main coil for me now is the 12x10 SEF no matter what as long as ground is open to swing freely.
This does present problems…😬

heading out tomorrow to the same spot I last hit... ground has dried to the point of cracking again... we'll see if I can once again run "hot" or if I have to back it off... I'll update later tomorrow.
mostly open screen, FE discriminated from 27 to 35, and the CO 50 line is discriminated all the way from FE 01 to 35
manual 24-28
Threshold on 15
Volume level 30
Volume gain 24
response normal
multi tone
conductive
variability 30
limits 30
threshold pitch 30
recovery deep off
recovery fast on
trash high
ground difficult
noise cancel 2

Just to add to the discussion...I've noticed VDI values tend to rise/increase 1 or 2 digits when wet.