Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dry spell redemption, gold and silver!

Ronstar

Well, the beach vacation was a total bust finds wise so yesterday I hit an old city park for over two hours and zilch, not even a zincoln. Got up this morning and told myself not coming home until I at least get a Memorial…….
Got started and got a non ferrous solid 26 with one bar ferrous on the Legend so dug. Looked like some type of costume bracelet at 6” at first but I could see some numbers and a patent number but that was it. Kept going…..
Finally, I got my 1972 Memorial so the dry spell is broken!!! Awhile later I got a deep 7” 45 so hoping a wheat and not disappointed, 1923S. Rescan the plug with the Garrett and buzz again? Had to dig sideways a bit but found it, 1919 wheat! Geez this feels good!
Started slowly heading towards the truck and hit a repeatable 51-52 at 7” so hoping quarter. Boy was I shocked! 1926 Standing Liberty quarter!!! Can see the date but its fairly worn…… who cares??? I can see the date! This is my second Standing so pretty happy but how in the world have we missed this so many times???? Parks has been running the sprinklers and fertilized yesterday so thinking the wet ground helped.
Once home and items cleaned up the bracelet is marked 1/20 12k gold filled, Pat 2097055 and a jewelers hallmark (I hand sketched the mark as best I could but so far no matches. After researching a bit I think this is a vintage womens watch.
Redemption…….

Attachments

• E5CC3505-0620-4853-B9BC-869CDBC877F2.jpeg
    E5CC3505-0620-4853-B9BC-869CDBC877F2.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 117
  • 183F9262-34C0-4C64-BA34-922332428B52.jpeg
    183F9262-34C0-4C64-BA34-922332428B52.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
  • ED0A2398-16C2-4CA4-A92C-DCA1536DA199.jpeg
    ED0A2398-16C2-4CA4-A92C-DCA1536DA199.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 123
  • FC691882-B3C1-43AF-97F1-DCF187EE43DF.jpeg
    FC691882-B3C1-43AF-97F1-DCF187EE43DF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 2C5672D1-0D04-44D5-9D32-09DAF87DF14E.jpeg
    2C5672D1-0D04-44D5-9D32-09DAF87DF14E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
Wow!! That SLQ has a nice sharp date on it! I love the photo of the coin in the hole. Congratulations on a super hunt!

Been looking thru numerous websites for that jewelers mark and I got nuttin’. Patent number indicate maybe ‘30s.
There was a thin glass cap visible in the one photo which promptly fell out. Seems too small for a watch face but I dont know…..

Been looking thru numerous websites for that jewelers mark and I got nuttin’. Patent number indicate maybe ‘30s.
There was a thin glass cap visible in the one photo which promptly fell out. Seems too small for a watch face but I dont know…..
Pretty sure that's a watch. You can see the notch for the winder knob. Really cool find.

Cool finds ronstar!!!... hhricknmi

Patent date is July 1937. I agree about it being probably a watch now after seeing examples of similar pieces. They were called cocktail watches and the small glass piece is slightly smaller than a half inch. If I can identify the jewelers stamp I could maybe find an example of an intact piece.

silver is hard to come by , and you found a nice one

Nice quarter!

Excellent.

Well, the beach vacation was a total bust finds wise so yesterday I hit an old city park for over two hours and zilch, not even a zincoln. Got up this morning and told myself not coming home until I at least get a Memorial…….
Got started and got a non ferrous solid 26 with one bar ferrous on the Legend so dug. Looked like some type of costume bracelet at 6” at first but I could see some numbers and a patent number but that was it. Kept going…..
Finally, I got my 1972 Memorial so the dry spell is broken!!! Awhile later I got a deep 7” 45 so hoping a wheat and not disappointed, 1923S. Rescan the plug with the Garrett and buzz again? Had to dig sideways a bit but found it, 1919 wheat! Geez this feels good!
Started slowly heading towards the truck and hit a repeatable 51-52 at 7” so hoping quarter. Boy was I shocked! 1926 Standing Liberty quarter!!! Can see the date but its fairly worn…… who cares??? I can see the date! This is my second Standing so pretty happy but how in the world have we missed this so many times???? Parks has been running the sprinklers and fertilized yesterday so thinking the wet ground helped.
Once home and items cleaned up the bracelet is marked 1/20 12k gold filled, Pat 2097055 and a jewelers hallmark (I hand sketched the mark as best I could but so far no matches. After researching a bit I think this is a vintage womens watch.
Redemption…….
What frequency were you utilizing while hunting the park?

Jimmy,
I was running M1 in Park. Since they have been running the sprinklers pretty hard and just fertilized as well I would move to M3 just to compare. Really dont know if there was that much difference in that wet ground.

Jimmy,
I was running M1 in Park. Since they have been running the sprinklers pretty hard and just fertilized as well I would move to M3 just to compare. Really dont know if there was that much difference in that wet ground.
I'm really liking M2.