Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-TRAC 01-46

boog

Digging in the woods behind my office--80-100 yr old trees. No signs of previous habitation ( foundations etc...). Got a 01-46 reading about 4 feet from an old mulberry tree. I dug down about 8 inches and hit a very large root. I am close as my sun-ray pinpointer detects the target with ease. Trouble is I have to return with an ax and shovel to finish the excavation. I am not familiar with digging a number such as this. Anyone care to venture a guess---I am not a relic hunter so maybe this number is common???? It is a solid 01-46 with an occasional jump to 01-47-----there is no bouncing around of the numbers. Guess away---I am interested in what you have encountered in the past with these numbers! Thanks-----I will post my find as soon as retrieval is completed. HH---Boog

ooooooooh maybe a mason jar filled with goodies?? Best of luck!!

Might want to consider a cable saw. That's what I use for the big roots. You can find cheap ones at harbor freight.

Could be a hubcap....if'n it is, you have to do this to it.

[attachment 207661 hubcap.jpg]

Looking forward to the results.

NebTrac

Don't kill the tree getting that buggar out of there (cutting roots).------I had one like that once & did a side angled "tunnel" down to the original hole to get under the root.-----The target ended up being a Morgan dollar.---Took some work getting it out of there but it was worth it.-------Keep going, we just GOTTA know what's down there! :)-------------Del

Removed large root--down about one foot now. My pinpointer still picks it up in about 4-5 inch circle. Usually when the object is this large it is junk. BUT the # is now a 1-45 with an occasional 1-46. Still solid----Pouring down rain now---Will not keep you on the edge of your seats past 10 tomorrow morning.I am capturing this all on video and no matter what the outcome I will post. I sure hope I don't have to eat a hubcap!

an 1883 CC morgan silver dollar. Hope whatever it is you find is as exciting for you as mine was for me! HH Randy http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1451279,1451279#msg-1451279

Large target=Farmers combine (part of it anyway)---I really thought I was on to something--complete video will follow in a few days on this thread. Heading for some easier digging---Thanks for your wishful thoughts--HH--Boog

heck you never know...thats what keeps us coming back right? ive had the SWEETEST sounding targets ring out, size is right, depth is right...ever so carefully excavate around it so as not to scratch it, and what comes up but a screw cap....arghhhhh...