Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E Trac and relics

I have learned more in the 2 minutes it took to read your post since I started with the Etrac a month ago. I have come to many of the same conclusions. I do better with manual sens, and pinpoint mode will pick up targets you are walking over. I was not aware of Tone1. I will be trying it out. I am glad I didnt sell my F75 now. I live in the southwest and have hunted clay bottoms or the Rio. You have explained a lot of what I was seeing. Clay is bad lol. One thing I didnt see mentioned was coil selection. I am going through a few coils to find the best one for my hunts. Air test seem silly as I dont get much air testing inside the house. I think I made a good investment with the Etrac.

I live in Michigan, so very few problems with mineralized soil here. But I do (short of a dedicated P.I. Machine) own one of the best relic machines out there, the venerable Fisher 1266-X's. Awesome if you want Iron relics. I dug a silver dollar at 15" in mild soil, I was out with it today and was digging medium pieces of iron at 12". I do not know how it reacts to mineralized soils but, I did hunt the Iroquois trail and Round top in Upstate N.Y. around Endicott area. NGE

Sorry, I forgot to answer the first question... there was no response at all from my machine, no null, no target, just a steady threshold. If I hit the pinpoint I had it loud and clear, but if I dropped back it to hunt mode NOTHING. Tried TTF, Quick Mask, Minelabs Relic mode, Minelabs Coin mode, My own Relic program, and my own Coins and jewelry program. Nothing made any difference. Changed the sensitivity, gain, fast on/off, ground difficult/normal, trash low/high , Changed everything I could think of, it never helped. This is not acceptable. Only thing I didn't do was a Master reset. No idea why it behaved this way, or what to do to work around it. Everything seems to be functioning normally.
Coil issue possibly ??

Sorry, I forgot to answer the first question... there was no response at all from my machine, no null, no target, just a steady threshold. If I hit the pinpoint I had it loud and clear, but if I dropped back it to hunt mode NOTHING. Tried TTF, Quick Mask, Minelabs Relic mode, Minelabs Coin mode, My own Relic program, and my own Coins and jewelry program. Nothing made any difference. Changed the sensitivity, gain, fast on/off, ground difficult/normal, trash low/high , Changed everything I could think of, it never helped. This is not acceptable. Only thing I didn't do was a Master reset. No idea why it behaved this way, or what to do to work around it. Everything seems to be functioning normally.
That is strange for sure hmmm coil issue I've never had that issue ever .

I did try a total open screen, and it made no difference. Every time I changed a setting I went through the ground balance procedure. My friends machine was turned off ( he was using a PI and I couldn't get within 10 yds without hearing his machine.) I've been hunting Civil War relics and coin shooting for over 40 yrs. and have loved every second of it, What a Great Hobby! I have used Whites top end machines up until 10yrs. ago when I switched to Minelab. I have a Sovereign XS-2, an Xterra 70, and an E Trac. I know that in some areas of Virginia people have problems with some machines. But in all my years of hunting I've never seen this before. Maybe it's time to pack up the machine and send it in?
Your Etrac should pick them up with a open screen without any issue's. Maybe time for a tune up or to be checked out?

Hello all,
I have had my E Trac for almost 2 yrs now, and have mostly hunted coins and jewelry in yards, parks, and school yards. I have many hours on the machine and while I haven't set the world on fire, it has found coins in places that I hunted with all the detectors I owned before I bought it. I don't do as well as many I read about, but I figure a lot of them have better sites to hunt. I think it's a good coin machine, especially in the trash.
Having said that, I just had my eyes opened while hunting with a partner at a Civil War battle site just South of Winchester, Va. I was using TTF and had my sens. turned to manual 26. My buddy called me over and asked me to check a signal. I ran the head over the target...nothing! Put the machine into pinpoint and there it was, back it to hunt mode, nothing...tried QUICK MASK...nothing. He dug the target, a dropped 3 ringer at about 7-8 in. He dropped the bullet back into the hole and I tried to read it again...nothing. Picked it out of the hole and laid it on top and it read OK. He found 6 or 7 more and my machine would not read them. I could get hits if I left it in pinpoint, but they would not give me a signal or a number in any other mode. THE only targets I COULD GET WERE 3-5'' DEEP. I tried changing everything I COULD AND NOTHING HELPED. What did I do wrong?
Which detector was your friend using ?

I have dug CW bullets well over a foot deep with the Etrac. If you drop it in a hole, there is no longer a halo around it. Did you have hot ground? We hunted a place in Orange VA that was so hot you could bury a quarter face up at 3" and not hear it.