Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac balance question

foreign object

I had a Etrac for a short while but because of shoulder and elbow problems I sold it. Not really into harness and the such.

My question is how much difference does the smaller aftermarket coils help with the balance.I really would like to try again but can't justify the cost and possible loss of the balance is not improved and no great performance loss.

Thanks in advance

FO

I have the x5 on mine. Whenever I go out detecting I swing mine 4-6 hrs. The x5 coil has good depth and separation.

foreign object said:
I had a Etrac for a short while but because of shoulder and elbow problems I sold it. Not really into harness and the such.

My question is how much difference does the smaller aftermarket coils help with the balance.I really would like to try again but can't justify the cost and possible loss of the balance is not improved and no great performance loss.

Thanks in advance

FO
It depends on the harness as the E-Trac is a fairly heavy unit by itself . I was the same as you until I got the minelab pro swing 45 harness. This thing really does work and is extremly easy to untether from the detector when needing to dig. All my arm issues have gone away and I use several coils, from the Sun Ray X5 to the large SEF 12x15 with no issues at all ! I will never go without it ! JMO

You could always bungee a brick under battery housing. I've seen that done before......nge

Slap the NEL Sharpshooter on one. Better separation, comparable depth and instant pinpointing regardless of the method used.
If balance is a problem , you aren't digging enough targets. :thumbup:

foreign object said:

Thanks in advance

FO

Although I don't use an Etrac anymore I understand! Now I use a CTX 3030 and for me there is a "Big Difference".
With the Etrac i noticed the Balance is at the front toward the coil putting excessive pressure on the wrist and eventually
taken it's toll on my wrist and shoulder after a long hunt. The CTX although heavier put's the weight to the rear of the
detector. I can extend the coil rod at maximum length and the coil will still rise in the air if I don't use the arm cuff strap
to hold the housing to my forearm. This design I noticed right helps relieve the pressure off my wrist and fingers from not having to grip the
detector tightly like I did on the Etrac. This also helped relieve some shoulder stress as well because the weigh of the CTX
is supported mostly by the fore arm. Yes the CTX is heavy still, but I noticed this improvement over the Etrac right off. I found
myself adjusting the lower rod on the Etrac to a shortest point possible with the coil just above the ground to remove some
of the pressure on my shoulder. The rod adjustment on the CTX isn't as critical for me for long days hunt.

sprchng said:
Slap the NEL Sharpshooter on one. Better separation, comparable depth and instant pinpointing regardless of the method used.
If balance is a problem , you aren't digging enough targets. :thumbup:

Not sure how many targets I need to dig to change the balance of a detector. Let me know please.

I'm in the minority as I think the Etrac is easier to swing then the CTX 3030. I have had shoulder issues for awhile and traded My Etrac in on a CTX 3030 when they first came out. I thought the CTX was a beast to swing balanced or not so I sold it and got another Etrac. I guess everybody's shoulder is different. I do use the Sunray X-8 coil most of the time on The Etrac though. I also prefer the audio as to My ears the Silver warble is sweeter sounding on the Etrac.

For me I've really not noticed any difference in the E-Trac balance with a smaller coil. I did really like the CTX balance as it felt much lighter.

Harold said:
I'm in the minority as I think the Etrac is easier to swing then the CTX 3030. I have had shoulder issues for awhile and traded My Etrac in on a CTX 3030 when they first came out. I thought the CTX was a beast to swing balanced or not so I sold it and got another Etrac. I guess everybody's shoulder is different. I do use the Sunray X-8 coil most of the time on The Etrac though. I also prefer the audio as to My ears the Silver warble is sweeter sounding on the Etrac.
" X1 " I'm with you !

Thanks for the reply guys.

I spent many years shooting heavy long bows and am paying the price now. Mostly with my elbow. The etrac really puts a strain on it but am going to give it another go. Should arrive Thursday.

Etrac with the 8x6 is much easier to swing than Etrac with stock coil or 13" ultimate.
Not sure why anyone would try to dispute that.

That being said the CTX with stock coil swings as easy or easier than the Etrac with the 8x6 coil.