Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac comes through yet again (1820&1845 Large Cents)

EladSwerdna

Last Friday was 70 degrees outside, so my friend and I went to our favorite spot. It was wet from all the snow melting, so it was really muddy. This did not hinder our efforts.

I ended up finding 2 large cents. My friend found 1 large cent too, but also a really beautiful pair of antique silver cufflinks.

I was extremely suprised to find 1 largie, let alone 2, especially since we have covered this particular area 100 times before. It goes to show you that there's always more!

Both of the largies I found were at the base of trees, one being under a massive root. I had to dig next to it and go in from the side. I knew even before I dug them, that they were large copper somethings.

I sure love my E-Trac!

Wow what a day ! Congrats ! :thumbup:

HH all

maddogusmc said:
Congrats, on the finds! What Fe-Co numbers did they ring up?

Mike

One which was a shallow 4 inches came up as a solid 12-44
The other was twice as deep and jumped from 12-42 to 12-48

Congratulations, what a find!!. They are in good shape as well. Thanks for the pictures, we can only dream of large cents here in North Texas/southern Oklahoma. -- Randy

Thanks everyone.

All the other coppers I found at this particular site have been void of much detail. I was very fortunate to find these.... and in one hunt no less!

I'm glad you rescued them. Good to see ya postin' again. Been wondering where you've been. Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

in a former life i was born at the beginning of the 1800 i dropped these coins and i am so glad you have found them therefore if you would send them back to me i would be very grateful lol very well found matey nice detail you must have been so chuffed

To find a total of three Large Cents at one site- in one day - thats fantastic ! :thumbup:

NebTrac said:
I'm glad you rescued them. Good to see ya postin' again. Been wondering where you've been. Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

They are glad I rescued them too - they told me with their smiles. Glad you like my post. It's so great that the season has returned! This time I will have a 15x12 SEF coil to help me with my adventures. I cannot wait to get out again!

detectorfreak74 said:
you make me sick LOL something I yet to find

AWESOME JOB KEEP IT UP :blowup:

I know the feeling, believe me. I still have a long list of stuff I have still yet to find. All will come eventually, I believe. You have to have hope!

sugar said:
in a former life i was born at the beginning of the 1800 i dropped these coins and i am so glad you have found them therefore if you would send them back to me i would be very grateful lol very well found matey nice detail you must have been so chuffed

Please give me your address immediately! Before I do send them - just to provide me with a shred of proof - can you please tell me the general area where you may have lost them? :tongue:

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
To find a total of three Large Cents at one site- in one day - thats fantastic ! :thumbup:

Yes it was quite a day. It was my first time finding 2 in one hunt. My friend who was with me on the other hand, has. It was quite an accomplishment for me.

Please give me your address immediately! Before I do send them - just to provide me with a shred of proof - can you please tell me the general area where you may have lost them?

oh dear i have been suffering amnesia in this life so going to have to let you keep them lol haha great find mate the etrac comes through yet again

Nice Finds! Congratulations!