Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Goes to School

I posted this in Today's Finds forum yesterday, and am re-posting it here for those who might not have seen it over there.

I took my E-Trac to an area school today that I've been working off and on for a couple of months. I went back today for about 3 hrs. and dug 26 coins, of which the best ones are listed below. I don't believe the school has been worked in a long time since I've found 100+ coins there, mostly older clad. About a month ago I found one other Mercury dime.

Today I found the bottom five coins:

1949 Washington
1944D Mercury
1945 Mercury
1949D & 1944 Wheats

Earlier in the week I went to the site of a rural school that closed in 1962. This site has been pounded very hard over the years. There I found the top coin, a 1942 Mercury.

HH to everyone!

chipper97 said:
Tops Brierfield! Love those old school sites and popping those Mercs. That Washington looks good too!

Thanks, Chipper!

I dug the three silver coins yesterday within a span of about 15 minutes after I'd just gotten to the school. One of the dimes and the quarter were within 1 foot of each other (dime at 4", quarter at 7"). The second dime was also at about 7".

Don't expect to top this anytime soon!

It's like they were waitin' on ya. It's odd how you sometimes hit a hot spot right away and then labor to find much of anything the rest of the day. Yep, multiple silver days are harder to come by. It's been two months for me. I'm currently on a streak of one silver dime per outing. Hanging on by my toenails. Those depths indicate that that spot may have a few more goodies waiting for you. Don't let up.

Glad you guys are having luck. I have been having luck myself but I have to dig to China to get my Coins.

chipper97 said:
It's like they were waitin' on ya. It's odd how you sometimes hit a hot spot right away and then labor to find much of anything the rest of the day. Yep, multiple silver days are harder to come by. It's been two months for me. I'm currently on a streak of one silver dime per outing. Hanging on by my toenails. Those depths indicate that that spot may have a few more goodies waiting for you. Don't let up.

I definitely plan to return, but only on Saturdays as school has again started. Having dug a load of older clad (and 4 silvers), I'm convinced there's more silver to be found.

CBAILEY IN GA said:
Great finds and keep working it. Lots more to find there.

Thanks!

Plan to return many times, as there is a lot more ground to cover at the junior high school where the 4 silvers were dug. Doesn't seem to have been worked much, either.