Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac is a Relic Killer

john316mole

First time out with E-trac using Relic Mode left me empty handed and frustrated. This time out I used a different set up at my relic hole that I have taken over 1,000 out of in the last year. I have used several detectors there and all found some, but nothing like the E-Trac. These finds came from a small area that I had pounded to death. The button in the middle is an Eagle Infantry button.
Settings
Screen wide open Quick Mask
Recovery Fast
Tones 2
Ferrous
Sensitivity Auto

I dig every signal that is not an iron sound, even if it is just a partial clip. Good item every time. The nails in the picture you see each came out of a hole with a good target in it! The sunray probe made quick recovery amongst the heavy iron.
The pinpoint on the E-Trac is right on. I wanted to wrap this unit around a pole the first time out, but I knew I had not been through all the scenarios yet, so held off on passing judgment on it till now. I am very impressed. I marked a couple of targets I did not dig with golf tees so I could use Sov next time in to see if it would pick up those signals. For taking anything in high trash especially high iron areas i will only use this set up. I never had to look at the screen...just go by sound and dig. There is no modern trash at the site I was on. It goes back to 1832 to 1870. Notice some of the small items i was able to pick out of the iron mess. The detector sounds like a machine gun going off, but the frequent non iron tones coming through make you forget about that.
I know new E-Trac forum up but wanted to make sure this info was accessible to everyone. Just got in a sunray 5 inch coil for the E-Trac and will be testing it. I was using the stock coil for finds posted today.

john mole, I wonder if the 15" CoilTek WOT coil would go deeper for relics than the stock coil ?? (That is something to test.)

The WOT being 15" and the large Sun Ray is 12.5".

I know the WOT was made for the SE but will that same the WOT fit on the E-Trac as well ??

Some big ones for relics:
http://www.joanallen.co.uk/a_metal_detector_accessories.html
Detech S.E.F. 18 x 15-inch (for Explorer/Quattro)
Detech S.E.F. 21 x 17-inch (for Explorer/Quattro)

n/t

n/t

David said:
john mole, I wonder if the 15" CoilTek WOT coil would go deeper for relics than the stock coil ?? (That is something to test.)

The WOT being 15" and the large Sun Ray is 12.5".

I know the WOT was made for the SE but will that same the WOT fit on the E-Trac as well ??

Some big ones for relics:
http://www.joanallen.co.uk/a_metal_detector_accessories.html
Detech S.E.F. 18 x 15-inch (for Explorer/Quattro)
Detech S.E.F. 21 x 17-inch (for Explorer/Quattro)

Didn't know that they had the two bigger ones although the 21x17 isn't out just quite yet. From reading the reports the 15x12 is the best bang for your buck in general applications of MD. A bungee cord is recommended once you hit the 15x12 SEF coils and on upward.

Between the 15x12 SEF and the 15" WOT(throw the Sun Ray 12.5" in there as well). Which one is best ???

Also take some weight off your arm on the BIG COILS and also the heavy Explorer and E-Trac, look below......

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/explorer-accessores.htm
Explorer Hip-mount Kit for
All Explorer metal detector

Produced specifically for the World Famous Minelab Explorer metal detector series to reduce the overall weight of the Minelab Explorer using a rugged ergonomically designed hip-mount. It is not designed or manufactured by Minelab. However; it is specifically designed for use with the Minelab Explorer detectors and is manufactured in the U.S.A.
Explorer Hip-mount Kit
Compared to $169.95
ONLY $124.00
Code #206-EHM

http://www.docsdetecting.com/docsplace/coiltek/coils2.html
Swingy Thingy

Anyone here tried the hipmount kit? Looks interesting....but have not heard of anyone saying they have tried one.

megadivers said:
Anyone here tried the hipmount kit? Looks interesting....but have not heard of anyone saying they have tried one.

I have heard a lot of people using them. They definitely help a lot if you're MD setup is heavy or unbalanced or you have certain ailments like shoulder,arm, wrist and or back problems. The one from kellyco in my opinion is too expensive. I would go with the bungee setup. That will work just as well and you save one hundred dollars

I chestmount my Sovereign using a binoculars harness from Cabelas and the hipmount bad from ML. It works great.

J