Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac is a Relic Machine.

Took my two Son's, Jeremy & Nick up to Glenn Ferris area here in West Virginia to test this site we hunt for Civil War Relics yesterday This place has been hunted hard for 40 years so very few targets are left. This is on the side of a hill, so targets are not very deep. We all split up and went our separate ways to see if we could get lucky and find a relic or two.

About an hour into the hunt I finally got a good signal on the E-Trac, 12-27 and it locked on. I remover about an inch of soil & leaves and rescanned the hole. Signal was gone, checked the dirt pile and found the signal. It was an Eagle Vest Button! I know that it is not a rare button, but this is the first button that I have ever found in that area in all the years I have been searching there.

During the day I also found a few pieces of melted lead and the big iron spike looking thing. As I was working my way down the toward my SUV, I got a good 11-47 signal, This number was one number of of the Barber Quarter signal that I had the day before when I found the 1914 Barber Quarter. So I dug it out. It was a 1852 Braided hair Large Cent!. This is the only coin that I have ever found on that hill side. I was impressed with this new machine!!. It will get the relics as well as coins.

This is only the second day using the E-Trac. In my 40 years of detecting, I have never had this kind of luck so early with a new machine. Oh, by the way, I was in Coin Mode the whole time!!

I will report more finds as I find them. HH...Jesse.

Try using the relic mode with conductive and multitones in a place like that. Auto; fast and deep on; high trash and difficult ground. I've been using those settings in most places and it works really good for me.

I hope you keep making the finds. I have been doing the same thing at a park down the road that has really been hunted very hard. The ET is making some good CW finds there. It is a great machine.

Julien

n/t

Actually, my oldest son Jeremy bought us dinner after we were done and on the way home. It was a great day all around. HH...Jesse.