Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-trac produces again.2 Mercs,2 Barber Dimes,8 Indians and 12 Wheaties in 3 hours tonight..

Very nice finds there Ray.:clapping: Looks like that new machine is working for you, but I have to ask just how deep were you digging these finds? Also, as someone else asked, was this a virgin or possibly a unhunted spot by other detectorists? Good luck on your next hunt there as I'm sure that you will be back. HH.

Eddie

I tried to get permission to hunt an old church yard where I used to go... the elders wouldn't agree.

Bests me why they had a problem with it.

Julien

Is your kid still hunting?

G..

The old church was out in the country 10 miles from town but only a mile from my Dads farm I grew up on and has been hit hard over many years by he and I and many others.We found a lot of coins there in the past and I hit it hard with CZ 3D and latter with the F-75.And last but not the least with Explorer II .Now for the main reason for my good (LUCK ) last night.I think part of the reason is the pro coil on the Etrac and part because of faster reset.The church blew down several years ago and was burnt and scattered all over the lawn area by a clean up crew and nails are every where.
Now for those who have asked about my program,it is very simple.I just use the factory preset basic coin program.I then set in manual sensitivety at 6 to 8 numbers above auto.Fast on in the trashy ereas and deep on in the cleaner ereas.Volume Gain up to 29,limit at 28.responce Normal,Multi tones,Conductive Sounds,Variability 29,limits 28.Threshhold at a whisper.Trash density high,ground difficult.
I still can't believe how hard/loud it hits on silver dimes.A 6" dime is stronger and cleaner sounding than a 3" copper penny.I was doubtful of see through ability but am starting to wonder the way this thing picks good targets out of trash in full disc. patterns.Also I was swinging it about twice as fast as Explorer and allowed me to cover more ground in the 3 hours before dark.
I better get some more work done so later,Ray.
PS the guy that now owns the lot said to hunt all I want but has a detector and said nothing but nails left so I waited until he left after mowing the lawn before detecting.Did not want him to get any ideas:surprised:

It's those same kind of hunters who say a park or any other place is hunted out... If you really try you'll always find something. It would be nice to find a good virgin site though wouldn't it. I had one... it was wonderful. It doesn't give up much any more... but it still gives a little.

Good work!!

Julien

YES I FOUND A SMALL PARK THAT HAD BEEN GROWN UP IN BRUSH FOR OVER 25 YEARS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO JUST AFTER THE CITY WENT IN AND CLEANED IT UP.IT WAS AMAZING JUST HOW MUCH OLD COINAGE WAS UNDER 3" DEEP.NOT EVEN ANY GRASS ON MOST OF IT BECAUSE THE BRUSH HAD KILLED IT OUT.LAST YEAR I FOUND A SIMILAR PARK THAT THE STATE HIWAY DEPARTMENT CLEARED UP JUST BEFORE BUILDING A NEW 4 LANE RIGHT THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF IT.I ONLY HAD A FEW DAYS TO HUNT BEFORE THEY COVERED IT WITH OVER 20' OF FILL DIRT.THE F75 DID GOOD BUT I STILL DREAM ABOUT HITTING IT WITH AN EXPLORER AS THAT WAS BEFORE I NEW BETTER,RAY.

You sure seem to have a handle on this detector. I think it's great that your nailing em:clapping:. Small question for you, are you getting clean easily recognizable tones on your machine or have you just figured out which scratchy signals or two way signals are likely to be deeper targets? My tones are not "clean" on mine, I have used smooth to clean them up a bit but targets that my SE hits and locks on to with repeating clean tones I am finding hard to duplicate with the ETrac. I usually run the ETrac with fast on as I am in pretty good trash. And generally about 20 ferrous and above disced out. Gain at 20-24, High trash and difficult ground. Auto +1-3, but my depth is severely lacking as I am not accurately ID'ing past the three or four inch mark. Yesterday, I dug a wheat at 3 inches that repeated at 1-32 in three directions, ended up being on edge, which I was expecting. I also am having a heck of a time on predicting depth or size of the target from the audio. Apparently you have figured most of this out and that's why I am asking you Any advice?:help: I have called ML and pretty much got the answer that at this point, we know as much as them.

Can you give us some 3s on those dimes? Did they all come in about the same or was there a bi difference in the digital readout.

Most of the signals have been clear but not the same high flute tones of the Explorer.The id has been good also unless on edge as you would expect.The depth guage is is showing 3/4 to full on 6"-10" coins.The ferrous numbers wander quite a bit but conductive numbers are very accurate even at good depth.Almost every silver dime I have hit has been close to 12-46 give or take a number and I knew it was a silver coin almost every time before digging.Indian heads are lower than wheats most of the time at 6-12 f and 29-32 c.Quite a few pennies are down to 6 ferrous but conductive is much more accurate.As a matter of fact I dig and good sounding 30 and above conductive targets no matter what the ferrous number is.Keep in mind I am running high disc factory coin pattern most of the time.
As far as sound quality of good signals ,it is there but not the same as the Explorers just not as musical .I was watching an explorer video today and was reminde just how great the audio is and I do miss it but am getting use to the Etrac sounds to the point that I seldom am wrong when I predict a signal is a for sure coin.
I have found a lot less iffy signals with the Etrac as they are mostly good or not good with not much in between.Part of the reason I may have had a lot more iffy signals and dug more iron with the Explorers is that I always used a nearly open screen without much disc.
I am almost of the oppinion that a person would be better off at first with out any threshhold so the nulls could be a non issue and just concentrate on detecting and swing a little faster than the Explorers.Also I have found the id in pinpoint to be very accurate on some of the signals in heavy trash,but you have to work it to a fine position and isolate you better target.When you get it right over a coin the cursor will climb up near the top of screen and iron will lock at or near bottom.
Part of my success may be because I did not use the Explorers but about 6 months and so was not as one with them like you long time users.But I must say I sure wish I had started using them years ago Hope this helps a little bit as I sure got a lot of help of this forum when I firt got my Explorer II and am not convinsed the ES is any better in many ways unlike the Pro coil.I believe the pro coil is what is helping the Etrac AS FAR AS THAT GOES.
And then again you may have a faulty unit as it does happen now and then,Latter Ray.

Your statement about the Pro coil is right on. That coil makes a huge difference on the SE. I started finding targets in dense trash with the Pro coil that even smaller coils could not achieve that level of separation, very impressive. I think ML shot themselves in the foot in way, if the Pro coil could only be used on the ETrac, that would be a significant advantage to ETrac sales. However, they wouldn't have sold SE Pros. But the real true ring of your Pro coil statement for me is that although it is an awesome coil and has incredible separation; on my SE I literally had to turn down my gain some because I could no longer tell a large target from a small one as all the signals sounded very loud and crisp. I lost my depth perception by tone volume. Small deep targets sounded like they were on the surface and that is the exact same thing that happens on my ET where by tone volume, I am not able to tell either depth or size of my targets. This may be contributed largely to the Pro coil itself. The difference between my ET and SE though is my ET is not picking up the deeper targets. From your reply post , I am going to say there is definitely something wrong with my ETrac as I have tried pretty much everything people have posted using successfully and I still can't get a target deeper than 4 inches and my Id isn't locking on. It's not my coil as I have 3 different PRO coils and the machine acts the same with each of them. Thanks for the reply, I guess I will have to wait until ML has some experience with the units before I can get mine fixed. That part is very uncool, because it's new technology, someone will have to be trained to do repairs. I never considered that, that's for sure.:stretcher:

Keep us all posted on the status of your machine. As sad as it is all identical electronics doesn't function the same. I'm a little suspect of mine also. Thanks man, I hope it works out for you and the ET. HH EddieB