Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Screen

I there any way to increase the brightness on the screen? I have adjusted the contrast turned on the back light but the numbers are still hard to see. Thanks, Bill

About the only thing I have been able to do to help see the numbers is to toggle the "coil icon pushbutton" to enlarge the ferrous and conductive numbers...

2020-02-05 (2).png

This isn't my idea, but I got it off somebody on the forum maybe a year ago. It worked for me, so just run the contrast down to 12 and head outside. If you do this inside you will most likely think I am blowing smoke. Give it a try outside.

Ron in WV

Here is the fix.....not mine, but a you tube video...click the link below

etrac screen fix

It Actually does work !...... AND YES.... I do have one on my etrac. PIC IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.....

0219201240.jpg

Last edited:
This isn't my idea, but I got it off somebody on the forum maybe a year ago. It worked for me, so just run the contrast down to 12 and head outside. If you do this inside you will most likely think I am blowing smoke. Give it a try outside.

Ron in WV
Was a bit shocked...but it works

Your welcome, glad to pass on the tip that was given me.

Ron in WV

I got my dayvue, what a disappointment. Don't order the one in the drop down that is more money and you only get one. I did that figuring they had a template and I would get something just like the Zagg that I bought years ago. It's not precut to fit the shape of the screen. I got a rectangular piece that I still gotta cut to fit. I was on the phone with them. Turns out the only way he would fix this would be for me to take a pic of the Etrac screen and give him all the measurements of the screen or better yet he said I could send him a template. Yeah a bunch of BS. In the end I said forget it I would just make my own template and cut it to the shape I need. I paid much more to get one I could just peel and stick. I haven't cut it yet, just got off the phone. I do believe it's a good choice to stop the scene glare but don't make the same mistake I did.

That sux, but really interested in the results after install in the sunlight, please do follow up

So sorry you didn't like it Jeff in Pa....but you have enough to make spares in case of a scratch....I gave one to a friend who was really impressed at the difference it made...
Yes...it is like a phone screen protector....but it does stop the glare....I am so sorry to have led you to it.

So sorry you didn't like it Jeff in Pa....but you have enough to make spares in case of a scratch....I gave one to a friend who was really impressed at the difference it made...
Yes...it is like a phone screen protector....but it does stop the glare....I am so sorry to have led you to it.

Elmy,
No I am sure you are correct about how great they stop the glare, I have no doubt about that. I have not installed it yet. I just figured what I ordered was already preshaped to fit of the entire face of the detector but that's not what I got. Years ago Zagg had a similar item for the Etrac that was made and preshaped to fit over the entire faceplate.
I will template mine and then install it after I clean all residual oils off the faceplate

Thanks