Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-trac vs. f-75

Sonny(IN)

Thinking about gettin rid of my F-75 and trying the E-trac. Have never used the explorers and wondering if it would be hard to learn. Any input appreciated. also would I actually being bettering myself?????? thanks in advance

I used the F75 for over a year and like it but the Etrac is above and beyond in my experience and is a lot easier to learn than the Explorers from the get go.I have 2 F75s and have not had one desire to use them in place of the Etrac and this is coming from a use to be Fisher die hard.I have went back to sights I have hit hard to the point of hardly finding anything wiyh thr F75 and find a hand full of coins with the Etrac.If you hunt parks and older churches and schools it is an amazing machine to say the least,Ray.

the e-trac battery compare to the everlasting F75 battery usage

i once had exp II and battery life was normal for minelab, but the F75 still amazes me in battery life

how would u compare the two in this aspect

thanks
max

I haven't owned a F-75 but I have owned a T-2 and now have a F-70 and an E trac. I have the feeling that the F-75 is a very good relic machine. I believe the E trac will be a good coin machine. The F-70 is very sensitive (deep) but the numbers jump around a good bit. If you dig all targets you might as well go with the F-75 or F-70. They are fast and deep.

NO DOUBT THE F75 HAS A LOT BETTER BATTERY LIFE BUT I HAVE 2 RECHARGEABLE PACKS AND A CAR AND HOUSE CHARGER SO IT IS NOT AN ISSUE.ALSO HAVE SOME POWEREX 2700 RECHARGEABLES FOR THE STANDARD PACK SO HAVE NEVER RAN OUT OF JUICE.IT DOES SEEM TO GET A LITTLE BETTER BATTERY LIFE THAN THE EXPLORER,RAY.

Yes, I sold my F75 after buying my E-TRAC. As I said in another post I dug a carved minnie recently. I was hunting with a friend and we were comparing the ET to the F75. The F75 would not give a repeatbale or good signal on it. This was in a park that has been hit really hard but still gives up stuff. To be fair he also found a carve minnie on that hunt. He also found an IH. Both are good machines but I could never go back. The ET is a MUCH better machine. It is also MUCH different from the F75. The tones are way diffeerent and you cannot swing it fast like you do the F75... if you want to make good finds. That is the hardest thing to adapt to... swing speed.

Julien

I have owned an F75 for about 6 months. I got to use an etrac for a week that a friend has. I found as many silver coins in 1 week of hunting than I did using the F75 in 6 months. We were hunting the same area with both machines. I think the F75 would kill an etrac in normal ground but the etrac smokes the F75 in hot ground in both depth and target ID. I bought an etrac and love it. TMAN...

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/compare/?a=5

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/e_trac_buy.htm

Hi Sonny. I have (and still do use the F75 since it was first introduced in the UK)
I have also bought and use ,the Etrac.
In as much as i love my F75 to bits and i have no thoughts of selling it even , i have to say the F75 in comparison (over all) is no match for this Beast of a Detector (E Trac)
Although If i was to be perfectly honest, i think the F75 is a more "nicer" detector to listen to, as far as working away in the field , but we all know that that isn`t the most important thing.. its the performance that counts at the end of the day.Not to down grade the performance of the F75, it`s just if i`m being straight with you, the E trac is the better Detector over all, out of the two Detectors. It has a much improved recovery speed over the Explorer and it is proving to be a Killer Detector over here in the UK , I havn`t heard one bad thing any one on the UK detecting Forums who owns one , slag it off yet.
It `s not a detector that you can just buy and use easily though if you are not a seasoned detectorist. A guy with very little detecting user knowledge will struggle to understand the E trac and how to use it competently. It definitely will do your brains in trying to understand how to use one if you don`t get help from guys who do know how to use one.That`s a fact, unless of course you are super super brainy then it wouldn`t be an issue.But to most average intelligent guys its a bit of a brain tester at first if you have as i said no one around to help you get to grips with it, then things start to fall into place.
The F75 is a doddle to understand compared with the E Trac .
Some folks may tell you that the E trac is simple to use. Well that may be so in pre sets and auto discrim , BUT !! can they use it "properly" is the thing. Even i would still class myself as a learner with it.

I have a Slimline 10, an 8" FBS, and a 6" Excellerator but... this Pro 11" coil is so good that I have not wanted to use the others. In fact I lent the two small coils to a friend to try with his SE. I'll get them back and try them some soon. Is there anything that you want to know or are you just asking because you use a smaller coil and like it?

:geek:

Julien