Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EAGLE II SL

Joel-Winnipeg

Picked up this detector, what year was the production of this unit.
Works excellent ,what can I expect from it ?
I see a few post down they talk about the Eagle II SL 90 .Is there
a difference as this one does not have the 90 # on it.
Uses 4 C cells for batteries.
I don't have the manual for it but will print it from The Whites site.
Good machine or ?

Hi Joel, is yours the black box or blue box? I know the smaller black box came out in 89, and smaller black box came out in 90. I had a 89 and sold it, i wish i had keep it.I now have a 90, looks the same and supposed to be the same but i think the 89 was just a little bit better, why i don,t know. If you have 89 or 90 you have one of the best detectors Whites ever made, a little heavy but will stay up with the best of the best. I have 7 detectors and if had to sell them, the Eagle 11 would stay. I just wish it could be hip mounted, it is deep and if it locks on a vdi, get your digging tool out for what every it said it is down there. I have been up past my elbow for gold hart with 63 diamond's, I love this detector, would like to find a 89 like i had, but will stay with the 90 for now. Good luck with it, hope it is a good one for you. Flintstone

One of the best detectors I ever owned and, like everyone.else, wish I had kept it. Deep, loves silver and terrific VDI. One of White's all time best, enjoy it.

Hi Flinstone;
I have the MXT box lenght is 6.5 inches verses the Eagle lenght of 9 inches
I have what is considered the big box and the color is black.
Took it out for half hour no knowledge of operation only quick start on the box
found some pennies toy car and it seems to loves bottle tops till I figure it out.
I didn't find it heavy balance quite good.
Will phone Whites to see if this was the updated one.Will also see
about sending it in for a check up when the season is over.
Also will have to adapt to mono headphones..lol

Hi
Eagle II SL 90 was the upgraded one you could store your costume programs on that one .Mine was 89 can't beat Eagle's target ID as far as bottle tops every detector likes them you just have to learn the sounds of it.
Congrats - Jan from Regina

Hi Joel, Yes you have one of Whites better Detectors, I have a Eagle II SL 90 , I Like to use it with the Big Foot coil what a pair!!!!
You see the New Detectors Lost the meat N Gravy of what a Detector is post to do???? With all the Bells N Wistles thay have now Days??
The Eagle is Back to basics my Friend and it dos what a Detector is post to do, It just found me a Man,s 1/2 OZ Gold Ring with three Diamonds, Good Luck, Mickfin,

Will send the detector soon to Whites and will
pair it with the Blue Max 800 for calibration.
Will look forward then in the spring to take
it out to some older sites.:thumbup:

They can be hip mounted. I used one Way back - for 12 years that I bought new, it was the Eagle 2 SL 90.5 version. For a hip mount I used one made by M.G. Temple from my 6000 Di Pro, dont bother googling that name, it brings up some military guy. But that was the name of it ... I still have it and am reluctant to let it go as any big box from mid 1980's on will work with. You check the auction sites for a hipmount for whites big box units, maybe contacting whites will help. The mount is a stainless plate that is drilled to match the screw pattern with a stainless belt clip that is screwed to it. The are two holes along the plate that snap hooks attach to allowing a shoulder strap. It came with aluminum upper rods and arm cup. The armcup did not aprovise for a strap so I used a later whites armcup whrn they came out. IF I dig it out I'll post a picture of the mounting hardware. Best thing you can do for performance is replace the coil nut and screw with a nylon one fron the local home supply store.
Good luck with that unit.

DF0AD3AA-2964-4CB2-8F6A-34197BF3D0E4-232-000000526F41FBA5.jpg
[/img]
C9A6A91E-C04E-4889-AE8F-EBDDD5530140-232-000000524489287C.jpg
[/img]
A381CBE2-1507-4A74-A5DE-A2E02B0F8DED-232-000000524FD91D2D.jpg
[/img]I added the tape to lessen the abrasion to the control box.
DF0AD3AA-2964-4CB2-8F6A-34197BF3D0E4-232-000000526F41FBA5.jpg
Add an extension cable & a 3 piece breakdown rod from whites and that's all. I don't know who can fabricate the hipmount piece but it worked very well.
HH-Bruce

If I remember right, I think the revision number is printed on the microprocessor Joel. When one upgraded the Eagle, you just replaced the processor with a new one.

Larry, IF I recall correctly - The only upgradeable Eagle was the first one (blue box) that could be upgraded to the Eagle 2 also blue box. I used them both and the stability issues and better depth were really noticeable. I had a dealer friend that sent me out with both versions as they came out to evaluate. I don't recall the black boxes be upgradeable. Whites changed processor suppliers after the Eagle 2. Now why can't I remeber what I had for lunch 2 days ago but this I'm pretty certain of. The two in a blue box was a hot unit at the time.

I remember upgrading my SL to the SL 90 by replacing the chip, I was a dealer at the time. It seems like it had SL90 stamped on it too.

Thanks Your are right Larry. The stopper I think was jump from the blue boxes to the black SL. The dealer had told me the chip supplier had changed and no further upgrade was possible for the "blue 2". The black ones were upgradeable but I had purchased the last version 90.5. Has it really been over 20 years? Wow....!