Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ear Buds with Equinox 800

LawrencetheMDer

I’ve been hunting in 90+ degree weather with 110% humidity and I sweat A LOT. Recently my wireless Equinox 800 headphones have been filling-up with sweat that I have to drain periodically. No kidding! To avoid this problem, I recently bought some Bluetooth wireless ear buds by Soundpeats; Force Q38 neckband ear buds with a full 16 hrs of play time. This is about twice the playtime of most ear buds. The main concern I had was whether the ear buds would pair with the Equinox 800 – no problem (remember to hold down Bluetooth button on 800 until it beeps to pair w ear buds).

The Soundpeats have volume control and work well in the sound range of the detector. They also are reasonable at blocking out extraneous sounds. Overall, if you hunt when it is hot and humid and you’re a sweat-er, consider a pair of ear buds for summer hunting.
I have no financial interests or otherwise in Soundpeats or Equinox.

Happy Hunting

That’s sounding interesting.
Have you checked to see if there is any delay.

Doug

OK my bad ,,, I looked at the wrong ones , the ones you are talking about has the neck band , and that’s good.

I use the WM-08 wireless module, and plug my earphones into it. It. works great. I use the older Sony sport earphones that have a clip that goes behind the ear. They don’t make them anymore, but I bought several pairs when you could still find them.

Hay Jeff you are running the same as I am. I am thinking of going to what Lawrence above is using so I don’t have to use the WM-08.and don’t have that wire catching on everything and pulling my earbuds out of my ear.

Glad to see the follow up.
I haven't checked on delay between ear buds (Soundpeats; Force Q38 neckband ear buds with a full 16 hrs of play time) and 800 but just tried walking around a brother-in-laws yard in Michigan with them and I found a LOT of good sounding and numbered targets (#28, 33, bunch of 25s, too many 20-23s to count), but didn't bring a pointer or digging tools so have to save for later. Just brought detector and ear buds to see if I could pair them in all my spare time. But was very happy to see/hear the ear buds pair w the 800 and that I could vary sound level easily w the buds (prob could do w 800 as well). I'll tell ya, total difference between earphones and ear buds in the sun and heat. From one sweater to another, this bud is for you! Happy Hunting

Lawerance. I sent you a private message , check your messages here above.

Doug

I clip the WM08 module onto my suspenders. I shortened up the earphone wire by winding it up and using a twist tie to hold it, so the wire is only about a foot long and doesn’t catch on anything. It works really well for me. I do not like headphones. They are too hot in the Summer and they also hurt my ears after I wear them for a while.

Sometimes I clip it to my shirt collar or ever clip it the the strap on the back of my hat. You would think it would feel awakered but I actually don’t even know it’s there . And that way I can wire tie the cord. And sometimes I just get lazy and stick it in my pants pocket.

Doug

I had the same problem.
Did some searching for them also.
This is what I found
Soundpeats Force.

https://www.amazon.com/SoundPEATS-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-Neckband/dp/B07MZ8KFTQ