Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Earbuds again…

synthnut

I’m using, or should I say was using, aset of hotspot jy100 wireless earbuds….I haven’t used them in a while, and when trying to use them, I can’t get them to pair for any amount of time (10 seconds at most )….I tried them on my ipad with the same results….They are charged so that’s not an issue…
What earbuds are you guys using that have continued to work well ?….I guess the $20 that I spent on these was not such a bargain!

I have a few $20 sets of earbuds that will never see ear wax again now that I got what I paid for and bought an Avantree Torus setup.(y)
(y)
Thanks for the reply….Too bad my jy100‘s bit the dust….When they worked they were great…comfortable, fast, good volume and tone…..They sat for a month or so and just stopped pairing….They would pair for 10 seconds or so, and the went back to no earplugs external sound…..????….Thanks again…I’ll check out the Avantree‘S……Jim

I wish!!! They are pricey and it took a lot of looking the other way to purchase but I'm completely happy with them now. The neck band speakers are what I use mostly but if the ambient noise gets too high or there are people around it's a great option to pop in the ear buds. The battery time is remarkable. It is a well made product. If you buy direct from Avantree and avoid Amazon you may save $10 as well as any sales tax Amazon will tack on.

Thanks for the info…..I wonder if anybody has tried Apple Airpods ?
yep I did and they were the same as all the other earbuds I tried as sprchng said the Avantree torus are the only ones that work great with the Legend, I went through 12 different pairs of earbuds before I finally found the Avantree Torus.

I wish!!! They are pricey and it took a lot of looking the other way to purchase but I'm completely happy with them now. The neck band speakers are what I use mostly but if the ambient noise gets too high or there are people around it's a great option to pop in the ear buds. The battery time is remarkable. It is a well made product. If you buy direct from Avantree and avoid Amazon you may save $10 as well as any sales tax Amazon will tack on.
So you finally drank the water LOL, i keep telling people the Avantree Torus are the answers to their earbuds search but only a few have listened to my preaching LOL

the other thing if you purchase the Avantree Torus directly from Avantree instead of amazon you get a two year warranty from Avantree instead of the one year when ordering from Amazon and you also do not have to mess with registering them as Avantree keeps a record of direct purchases

Do these ever go on sale ?…
Avantree does run a special occasionally, you just have to keep checking their site

there are these that are made by Avantree also

read the specs page they support aptX LL also and that is what you have to look for

I am thinking about trying these out also made by Avantree

Last edited:
OK,
Thanks for the additional info….I’m sold on these, but I’m still choking on the price!…I’m aware of the technology (aptX LL ) as I had the same tech with my jy100 buds….I’m jumping from $20 to $100 !….but hey, if they’ll turn pull tabs into gold rings, I’m in!! ( a little wishful thinking )…..I did get my air pods to work, but they had lag…Thanks again…Jim

btw…how long do they last on a single charge, and how long do they take to charge ?

Last edited:
OK,
Thanks for the additional info….I’m sold on these, but I’m still choking on the price!…I’m aware of the technology (aptX LL ) as I had the same tech with my jy100 buds….I’m jumping from $20 to $100 !….but hey, if they’ll turn pull tabs into gold rings, I’m in!! ( a little wishful thinking )…..I did get my air pods to work, but they had lag…Thanks again…Jim

btw…how long do they last on a single charge, and how long do they take to charge ?
My Avantree Torus I can go for 3-4 days and that is detecting and listening to music on them have not really checked how many hours but when I detect I usually go out for 3-8 hours each time, but lately because of surgery I just went through I have not been able to go out and detect at all for the past 3-4 weeks, hopefully that will change soon, i have never had them die on me while out detecting, before I have to re charge them, the others that I gave links for I have no clue as I do not have either of those I m going to order a set of the Avantree Lingo's though because they are bone conduction and compatabile with the Legend aptX LL Audio Codec for $49 a set of bone conduction headphones that are compatible with aptX LL is worth it to me, I actually have a couple of different items from Avantree that works really good and have been looking for some bone conduction headphones that work with aptX LL

usually it takes 2-3 hours to recharge the Avantree Torus if I wait until the voice tells me they are getting low on battery charge

Last edited:
OK,

That was one of the more pleasant parts of them for me. I don't hunt more than a couple of hours most days when it's this hot because I have too many "duties" to get me out early. It seems I can hunt for 4 days without a charge before the Avantree lady tells me the battery is medium , never been to low. I use the neck speakers mostly and they are more of a battery hog than the earbuds so with the buds I wouldn't be surprised to see 15 or 20 hours or more. I have to charge the Legend every third hunt regardless so usually plug in the Torus as well and they charge in an hour or so although I have never timed it.

This sounds promising !!…Im gonna check those Lingo’s…. Thanks again guys !….Jim

I really like these Lingo’s….open ear, and no loud speaker to draw attention to myself…Hear my detector, and what’s going. On around me too !!….nothing stuck in my ear….I’m gonna order these !….I’ll post when I get them

Last edited:
I’ve tried to do some research on the Lingo’s…..I’ve found plenty of info on the Torus but very little on Lingo’s…..Are they new in the lineup ?….Also, you find them to buy in Avantalk and not Avantree….. ???…..When going on YouTube and see the bone conduction comparisons, I haven’t seen the Lingo’s mentioned…

OK,
Hold off buying until I see how they work out….I’m not even sure if I can pair them to the Legend and my phone at the same time.. ???

I’ve tried to do some research on the Lingo’s…..I’ve found plenty of info on the Torus but very little on Lingo’s…..Are they new in the lineup ?….Also, you find them to buy in Avantalk and not Avantree….. ???…..When going on YouTube and see the bone conduction comparisons, I haven’t seen the Lingo’s mentioned…

OK,
Hold off buying until I see how they work out….I’m not even sure if I can pair them to the Legend and my phone at the same time.. ???
yes the Lingo's are a new product for Avantree

I just placed an order for the Lingo's so I should have them in about a week Avantree ships pretty fast, if you read the specs on the Lingo's the specs are the same as the Torus, so the Lingo's should work great with the Legend just like the Torus does, the only thing I do not like about the Lingo's is there is an attached boom mike which I will never use but it can be swung back out of the way.

OK,
I do know that the Torus will only pair with the Legend or your phone but not both at the same time, not sure if the Lingo's will be the same or not, will update after I receive my Lingo's