Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Earbuds again…

yes the Lingo's are a new product for Avantree

I just placed an order for the Lingo's so I should have them in about a week Avantree ships pretty fast, if you read the specs on the Lingo's the specs are the same as the Torus, so the Lingo's should work great with the Legend just like the Torus does, the only thing I do not like about the Lingo's is there is an attached boom mike which I will never use but it can be swung back out of the way.
I figure they can pair with my phone, and I can use the boom mic when driving in the car without yelling or noise…I don’t know how true it is, but I got a notice that my Lingo’s will be here today !!.. Being shipped by amazon !!..That was fast !!

I would be curious as to how the sound quality compares to the Torus(y)
I would guess that with my senior ears that the sound will be just fine…I’ve played in many bands over the years, and have gone to many rock concerts (like the WHO) that surely did nothing good for my hearing !! I’m wondering how much difference my ears can discern at this stage of my life…Many have told me to get a hearing aide…I tell them (including my wife) that I can’t hear them just fine !!

I would guess that with my senior ears that the sound will be just fine…I’ve played in many bands over the years, and have gone to many rock concerts (like the WHO) that surely did nothing good for my hearing !! I’m wondering how much difference my ears can discern at this stage of my life…Many have told me to get a hearing aide…I tell them (including my wife) that I can’t hear them just fine !!
I wear hearing aids and trust me they do not make a whole lot of difference, and have actually made my tinnitus worse than what it was before I started wearing hearing aids

I figure they can pair with my phone, and I can use the boom mic when driving in the car without yelling or noise…I don’t know how true it is, but I got a notice that my Lingo’s will be here today !!.. Being shipped by amazon !!..That was fast !!
i have ordered a few things from Avantree and the shipping time was always pretty quick, I probably will not receive mine until next week

I wear hearing aids and trust me they do not make a whole lot of difference, and have actually made my tinnitus worse than what it was before I started wearing hearing aids
I can’t imagine having something stuck in my ears all day !.. Tinnitus sucks !….. I don’t need more of it… I’m hoping that the bone conduction will be my saving grace…

My Avantree Torus I can go for 3-4 days and that is detecting and listening to music on them have not really checked how many hours but when I detect I usually go out for 3-8 hours each time, but lately because of surgery I just went through I have not been able to go out and detect at all for the past 3-4 weeks, hopefully that will change soon, i have never had them die on me while out detecting, before I have to re charge them, the others that I gave links for I have no clue as I do not have either of those I m going to order a set of the Avantree Lingo's though because they are bone conduction and compatabile with the Legend aptX LL Audio Codec for $49 a set of bone conduction headphones that are compatible with aptX LL is worth it to me, I actually have a couple of different items from Avantree that works really good and have been looking for some bone conduction headphones that work with aptX LL

usually it takes 2-3 hours to recharge the Avantree Torus if I wait until the voice tells me they are getting low on battery charge
How ya like those Lingos ?
Did you try the sunglass ones ?

I got my Lingo’s today….very comfortable!….. I have a big head but they still fit me….Controls all work fine, and they paired right away with no problem…One GLARING issue….The volume is very low even with the Legend turned all the way up,and with the Lingo’s all the way up……I didn’t even wear them outside with other noise going on around me….This was in my quiet bedroom and they were not at all at a good volume….I’m gonna call the company to see what can be done….Not useable the way they are…😞

I really had high hopes for these….back to the drawing board !!

How ya like those Lingos ?
Did you try the sunglass ones ?
Have not received the Lingo's yet Terry I just placed an order for them yesterday

as for the Avantree sunglasses I like them but not for detecting they are also have bone conduction headphones incorporated into the sunglasses they did not work good at all with the Legend even though they connected to the Legend there is no way to increase the volume on the sunglasses themselves so you are reliant on the volume control from what ever you connect those sunglasses to and with the Legend volume not being loud enough you could not hear anything through the sunglasses now my Cell is a different story plenty of volume again there is no way to increase the volume on the sunglasses, I could hear tones slightly from the Legend just not good enough that I would trust detecting with them trying to hear the tones from the Legend

I got my Lingo’s today….very comfortable!….. I have a big head but they still fit me….Controls all work fine, and they paired right away with no problem…One GLARING issue….The volume is very low even with the Legend turned all the way up,and with the Lingo’s all the way up……I didn’t even wear them outside with other noise going on around me….This was in my quiet bedroom and they were not at all at a good volume….I’m gonna call the company to see what can be done….Not useable the way they are…😞

I really had high hopes for these….back to the drawing board !!
being a new product from Avantree I was afraid of that, not having used a set of the Lingo's I was unsure so it was basically a trial and error thing which I have done a lot of in my Quest to find some good Bone Conduction headphones that is Compatible with aptX LL, I wish these manufacturers of metal detectors would take into consideration that aptX LL is on its way out and start utilizing something different, the problem is the ms needs to be 40 ms or lower so you do not have the lag and unfortunately that is why most detector manufactures utilize aptX LL which is 40ms or lower where aptX is 150ms or higher, and I also wish these detector manufactures would also realize that over the ear phones are not practical because they are to hot and also dangerous because you cannot hear what is going on around you that is why Bone Conduction headphones would be the way to go, I have relayed this several times to Avantree the need for some good Bone Conduction headphones for us metal detectorist and when I told them how many people that detect are out there they became all ears and wanted to know more I even told them they should contact Nokta and see if they could partner with each other to produce a usable set of bone conduction headphones, whether they do that remains to be seen

That was the issue I had with the Avantree sunglasses, I have been talking to Avantree for sometime now about producing a set of Bone Conduction headphones, for us metal detectorist LOL, they are suppose to call me so I can explain what we need for detectors so far I have told them about the need for all of us to have them compatible with aptX LL, and the need for a higher volume setting then normal, they are supposed to call me to get more input so they can understand everything as far as using them with a metal detector.

if anyone can think of anything that would be great added features let me know and I will pass on my opinions as well as others opinions

how do the Lingo's work with your phone is the volume Louder when connected to your phone just curious

being a new product from Avantree I was afraid of that, not having used a set of the Lingo's I was unsure so it was basically a trial and error thing which I have done a lot of in my Quest to find some good Bone Conduction headphones that is Compatible with aptX LL, I wish these manufacturers of metal detectors would take into consideration that aptX LL is on its way out and start utilizing something different, the problem is the ms needs to be 40 ms or lower so you do not have the lag and unfortunately that is why most detector manufactures utilize aptX LL which is 40ms or lower where aptX is 150ms or higher, and I also wish these detector manufactures would also realize that over the ear phones are not practical because they are to hot and also dangerous because you cannot hear what is going on around you that is why Bone Conduction headphones would be the way to go, I have relayed this several times to Avantree the need for some good Bone Conduction headphones for us metal detectorist and when I told them how many people that detect are out there they became all ears and wanted to know more I even told them they should contact Nokta and see if they could partner with each other to produce a usable set of bone conduction headphones, whether they do that remains to be seen

That was the issue I had with the Avantree sunglasses, I have been talking to Avantree for sometime now about producing a set of Bone Conduction headphones, for us metal detectorist LOL, they are suppose to call me so I can explain what we need for detectors so far I have told them about the need for all of us to have them compatible with aptX LL, and the need for a higher volume setting then normal, they are supposed to call me to get more input so they can understand everything as far as using them with a metal detector.

if anyone can think of anything that would be great added features let me know and I will pass on my opinions as well as others opinions

how do the Lingo's work with your phone is the volume Louder when connected to your phone just curious
I used them with my iPad which has plenty of volume, and they were not at all loud with that either….When I took the conductors and put them directly in my ears like headphones, only then is what I expected to hear with a healthy clear volume…On the ear bone ?….NO GO !!!…

I had customer service on the phone and she said she would relay the info that I gave her to the technicians.. .I tried both the metal detector and my iPad while having her on the phone……Hopefully she can pass on the proper info…

I used them with my iPad which has plenty of volume, and they were not at all loud with that either….When I took the conductors and put them directly in my ears like headphones, only then is what I expected to hear with a healthy clear volume…On the ear bone ?….NO GO !!!…

I had customer service on the phone and she said she would relay the info that I gave her to the technicians.. .I tried both the metal detector and my iPad while having her on the phone……Hopefully she can pass on the proper info…
I have a pair of the Lingo's coming so I will see what they do with my Legend and my phone just to make sure you did not receive a defective pair which is what I am hoping is the case, if mine does the same as yours then obviously they just will not work but if the pair I receive has a different outcome then maybe yours are defective, I may be stuck with the Torus which is ok by me but I would love to find a pair of bone conduction that would work with the Legend, I have a heck of a collection of earbuds and different headphones that I have tried with the Legend including a couple of other Bone Conduction headphones that worked but had to much lag I do have one pair that has no Lag but the volume is way to low as they do not have an onboard volume control on the headphones but like I said they worked and worked good just needs more volume then what the legend can supply

one other thing Bone Conduction phones are not going to have the same volume levels as putting a set of earbuds in your ears, but I do think the ones that I have tried could always be louder, the biggest complaint I have read about every bone conduction headphone on the market is the volume need to be louder, because the sound is transmitted through the bone in your cheek area not through the ear drum and ear canal, bone conduction does not work like that, I believe it is an inherent issue with bone conduction because of the way the sound is transmitted to your hearing.

Last edited:
I have a pair of the Lingo's coming so I will see what they do with my Legend and my phone just to make sure you did not receive a defective pair which is what I am hoping is the case, if mine does the same as yours then obviously they just will not work but if the pair I receive has a different outcome then maybe yours are defective, I may be stuck with the Torus which is ok by me but I would love to find a pair of bone conduction that would work with the Legend, I have a heck of a collection of earbuds and different headphones that I have tried with the Legend including a couple of other Bone Conduction headphones that worked but had to much lag I do have one pair that has no Lag but the volume is way to low as they do not have an onboard volume control on the headphones but like I said they worked and worked good just needs more volume then what the legend can supply

one other thing Bone Conduction phones are not going to have the same volume levels as putting a set of earbuds in your ears, but I do think the ones that I have tried could always be louder, the biggest complaint I have read about every bone conduction headphone on the market is the volume need to be louder, because the sound is transmitted through the bone in your cheek area not through the ear drum and ear canal, bone conduction does not work like that, I believe it is an inherent issue with bone conduction because of the way the sound is transmitted to your hearing.
Maybe the bone conduction technology itself is not good for metal detecting…Do I try another set of jy100‘s for $20 ?…They were great while they lasted….???????….or just be uncomfortable with headphones….My Nokta phones work very well, just too uncomfortable for Summer use…

Maybe the bone conduction technology itself is not good for metal detecting…Do I try another set of jy100‘s for $20 ?…They were great while they lasted….???????….or just be uncomfortable with headphones….My Nokta phones work very well, just too uncomfortable for Summer use…
thats a hard decision as far as trying a different pair of ones you have already had issues with, me personally I love the Avantree Torus but I do realize $100 is a tough pill to swallow for a lot of people, but me personally I will keep trying different ones until I have exhausted all options but that is just me.

hold off until I have had a chance to try the Lingo's maybe we will get lucky and you just received a bad pair of the Lingo's things do happen in production and a few lemons come out and that is what I am hoping for personally.

The Lingo’s are pretty loud when you place them in front of your ear canal…..I’m not sure how much louder they can make them before blowing or distorting the speaker drivers… They’re probably using a lot of the same parts that they use in the Torus, which is great for the Torus, but you need at least 50% more volume to equal the volume of the Torus because of the bone conduction technology….My guess is that they have nothing in place to offer this…..Bone technology is a wonderful thing, but there are things like volume that these companies need to address before sending off a product….Avantalk/Avantree is a good company…They will probably just have me send them back….I will still do business with them !

I don’t think that these were lemons….If your hearing is like mine, you will see that there is enough volume for a quiet room, but not nearly enough for outdoor use with noise all around you….Earbuds by design block out external noise…bone tech does not…It’s a blessing and a curse at the same time..

Last edited:

Be nice if they had multiple types of pairing. Like for Minelabs too. Especially Manticore.

The Lingo’s are pretty loud when you place them in front of your ear canal…..I’m not sure how much louder they can make them before blowing or distorting the speaker drivers… They’re probably using a lot of the same parts that they use in the Torus, which is great for the Torus, but you need at least 50% more volume to equal the volume of the Torus because of the bone conduction technology….My guess is that they have nothing in place to offer this…..Bone technology is a wonderful thing, but there are things like volume that these companies need to address before sending off a product….Avantalk/Avantree is a good company…They will probably just have me send them back….I will still do business with them !

I don’t think that these were lemons….If your hearing is like mine, you will see that there is enough volume for a quiet room, but not nearly enough for outdoor use with noise all around you….Earbuds by design block out external noise…bone tech does not…It’s a blessing and a curse at the same time..
The problem you are stating is things I have discussed with reps from Avantree, I have been talking to them for about 5 months now on the need for a good pair of bone conduction headphones for us metal detectorist, and the volume levels is one of the things I keep trying to hammer home to them

I do have a set of Bone Conduction headphones that have good volume even though there is no onboard volume control on the headphones themselves they are mad by a company called Inductivv but they are not aptX LL but they do connect to the Legend and do not seem to have any Lag

again if you can think of anything that I or you can pass on to Avantree do it if you think it will help them to come up with a good set of bone conduction headphones, I have given them my thoughts but to me the more input they receive the better.

I beleive someone can come up with something bone conduction that will have great volume at some point, but inherently you are correct because it has to transmit the sound through your cheek bone and cochlea instead of directly through your ear drum and ear canal, I wish someone would come up with some hearing aids that would work with aptX LL, my hearing aids connected to the Legend but produced no sounds when I would sweep over a target which was really strange because you would think if they connected to the Legend Bluetooth they would have sound coming through them, they connect to my phone and I can play music through them which the volume is very very loud but nothing when I connect them to my Legend

well I have to correct something

Just connected my hearing aids up to the Legend again, and this time I now hear the tones from the Legend through my hearing aids plus I can hear when people are talking to me

The hearing aids I have, are Bluetooth capable so they will connect to my cell,laptop or anything else that is Bluetooth capable, but in order to listen to music i have to make two quick taps on one of them which switches them over to be like Earbuds for listening to media (music) or to hear what is being said in videos, when I tapped them and switched them over to headphone mode, there does not seem to be any lag that I can tell just yet but will do some testing to be sure the tones cone in loud and clear through my hearing aids with plenty of volume, cannot tell anyone why I never thought about it before but this thread made me to try my hearing aids again while connected to my Legend, I know no one is going to go out and purchase a set of these hearing aids because the price is ridiculous at around $1100 but these are cheap when compared to other high end hearing aids

I was so dang excited when I was able to hear the tones through my hearing aids and still be able to hear things around me I just had to tell the whole world LOL again there does not apear to be any Lag when sweeping over a target but I will have to do some further testing in a day or so, we are getting rain and storms here rite now, bout gave my wife a heart attack because I let out a big Woo Who when they worked LOL

Received my Lingo's this morning first thing I did was pair them to my cell plenty of volume coming through the Lingo's I had my wife talking to me while I was trying the Lingo's out and I had no issues with being able to hear her and what was coming through the Lingo's, decided to pair them to my Legend's and they paired rite up with one of my Legends and had plenty of volume for me when swinging over targets no they were not booming tones but they were loud enough that I was able to drop the volume on the Ling's and still could hear the tones with no issues

When I connected them to my Legends the two little LLs was present next to the Bluetooth Icon on the Legend screen which indicates they are compatible with Bluetooth Audio Codec aptX LL

I have severe hearing loss and these do what I was hoping they would do. I tried them with my hearing aids in first, and then removed my hearing aids with my hearing aids in they were a little louder then when I took my hearing aids out both ways I had absolutely zero issues with being able to hear tones through the Lingo's I like them a lot, the Torus are quite a bit louder but that is due to the speakers being pretty much rite below your ears when around your neck, the Lingo's are more like when you are using the incorporated earbuds on the Avantree Torus which are also not booming in your ears either

synthnut if you can not hear the sounds coming through the Lingo's when worn the correct way then either your hearing is severly compromised, or you received a pair of Lingo's that were defective or not correct from the factory, because like I stated I have severe hearing loss and severe tinnitus in both ears, the tinnitus I have is going 24/7, and I have absolutely zero problems hearing tones from my Legends or music from my Cell Phone or even when swinging the coil over targets and someone talking to me at the same time

the only thing I found with the Lingo's is when I went to pair them with my second Legend I had to clear the pairing of my first Legend in the Lingo's before they would connect to my second Legend, but I had the same issue with my hearing aids, so it really is not an issue at all

My search for a set of Bone Conduction headphones is over and in fact I am going to order a second set, just to have a back up set