Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early Christmas Finds #2 :detecting:

Cajuncoinhunter

We went out again today and made a few finds. The weather was sunny and cool. Love to hunt in the "winter" here as the temps were in the low to mid 60's. Loved this carved bullet from a sharps carbine , the .36 cal pistol bullet, finial , variety of pistol bullets, umbrella piece Enfield, minies and another Sharps & Hankins. Overall, a good hunt. C C H

That is a great assortment of goodies EJ.

Yep! Another good steady looking day for you CCH,:clapping:,,you just keep on going, dont you?
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Yep! Another good steady looking day for you CCH,:clapping:,,you just keep on going, dont you?
Mud

Mud -

Just fortunate enough to live in an area that provides me an opportunity to maybe find "something" when we go out digging. Merry Christmas. CCH

Nice pile of goodies. HH to all

Nice finds. Good to get out when the weathers right.:thumbup:

I'm beginning to wonder if there's more relics down in the Bayou than there is here in good ole Virginni. :cry: Nice haul my man. :clap:

2 Much Trash said:
I'm beginning to wonder if there's more relics down in the Bayou than there is here in good ole Virginni. :cry: Nice haul my man. :clap:

I dont think so but you do have a lot more relic hunters in Ole VA.. :detecting: Much more relics in VA but the soil is pretty good here. People dont think of LA as a significant civil war state but there was Port Hudson holding the Mississippi and several large scale battles duirng the autumn of 1863 where Union forces launched a massive overland invasion of Southwestern Louisiana aimed at planting the Stars and Stripes in confederate Texas. The "plan" was to rout the Rebels from LA and Texas and push them toward Mexico, If you do research and get the right maps, it pretty easy to find where several of these battles and skirmishes occurred. Just gotta find that right little soybean field. Ha. Thanks for posting. CCH

Cajuncoinhunter said:
2 Much Trash said:

I dont think so but you do have a lot more relic hunters in Ole VA.. :detecting: Much more relics in VA but the soil is pretty good here. People dont think of LA as a significant civil war state but there was Port Hudson holding the Mississippi and several large scale battles duirng the autumn of 1863 where Union forces launched a massive overland invasion of Southwestern Louisiana aimed at planting the Stars and Stripes in confederate Texas. The "plan" was to rout the Rebels from LA and Texas and push them toward Mexico, If you do research and get the right maps, it pretty easy to find where several of these battles and skirmishes occurred. Just gotta find that right little soybean field. Ha. Thanks for posting. CCH

:thumbup:

Good ones!