Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early Kerosene Tractor Pocket Watch Fob

floodplaindetector

We had a very nice warmup the past couple weekends, so I was able to get some serious weekend hunting in.
All finds were found at researched public sites with my XP Deus 2 metal detector.
Most of the finds including the pocket watch fob were pulled from city parks in 2 larger South Dakota towns.
It was very strange digging in soft ground up here in mid-December.

The clipped Northern Pacific Railroad baggage tag, Thimble, Grimland 50 cent play coin and large pendant were pulled in a city park along the river about 10 miles from my house.

The Avery tractor pocket watch fob was at least a foot deep and read in the half dollar range. I am putting that fob about circa 1915-1918. Note the pic when I first dug it.
I am thinking that other metal piece that came out of the hole was on the leather strap that had rotted away long ago.

Another unique find was that old hat/push pin with a women's face on it. I am thinking it is turn of the century or older. That read like a deep faint wheat penny. It was about 9 inches down.
Most of the silver and old nickels were 10+ inches deep.
The two 1958 dog tags came at an old horse track site where I pulled 2 dog tags at last year with my Etrac?? That is why I hit that site again and it paid off. I was also rewarded there with a nice 1917 mercury dime.
Someone must have dropped a bunch of them after they were made.
The SLQ was pulled at the same site I pulled that silver and gold ring a few weeks ago. It wasn't especially deep (7-8 inches) but was surrounded by a bunch of junk and was somewhat on edge.
As always thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1920 Standing Liberty Quarter
1901(p),1903(0),1917,1920,1942,1944,1945 dimes
1943,1944,1944 war nickels
1893,1895,1898,1899,1913 nickels (other numerous Jefferson nickels in 40s and 50s)
* Not pictured 36 wheat pennies back to 1916.

Other Finds
1915-1918 Avery Tractor Pocket Watch Fob
Clipped Northern Pacific Railroad Baggage Tag
Old Hat or Push Pin with Women's Face on the head
Skeleton Key (I found a similar one about 4 years ago)
2 Good for 5 cent merchant brass tokens (buffalo nickel was pulled very close to these)
2 1958 Rabies Vaccine Dog Tags
1940s Grimland 50 cent play coin
Large Pendant
Couple bear pendants
Gold Cuff Link (read like an old nickel)
small brass ring with head broke off
"Forget Me Not" thimble
Other misc. buttons, old fork, valve stem covers, etc.
Pocket Watch Fob Just Pulled Out Of Ground.jpg
Pocket Watch Fob Front.jpg
Pocket Watch Fob Back.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
SLQ Right After Finding.jpg
SLQ Front.jpg
SLQ Back.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
Womens Hat Pin Closeup.jpg
TokensAndDogTags.jpg

Outstanding. Glad you were able to get out & hunt. Thanks for posting.

I cant even fathom having a day like that…. Nice job!

Just when we think you've wrapped it up for the year, you amaze us again Dave.

The Fob is a really great find. Oh man...that baggage tag is a heartbreaker, I'd sure like to see a complete one of those!

I'm speechless!!! Way to go.. hhricknmi