Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early Morning Strange Encounters

plidn1

This morning I worked a tot lot I have worked several times in the past. It is a very small tot in a small park.
This morning it was very different then before. Although I was very much by myself, I kept hearing several small kids playing, laughing and giggling. I kept looking but no one around. No houses close and no one in the park.
I was constantly looking over my shoulder thinking someone was walking up behind me. I finally had to leave.

About 2 years ago, a couple of kids coming home from school, were crossing the street right in front of the park and were hit by a car and killed. There is a little memorial in front that is meticulously maintained.

Maybe they were just having a good time on Sunday morning?

Just for fun I had filled the head of a friend with stories from the locals where we hunt about Bigfoot sightings. Along with several other stories, I related to him how some say it will make whistling noises or giggle like a child laughing. Anyway, dropped him off at his hunting spot in the middle of nowhere. No houses or people around with numerous deep valleys and ridge spines and such. Later that day I picked him up and he was FREAKED. He said he kept hearing noises like children talking or giggling. :biggrin: Coming from a steep valley off the ridge spine he was hunting. I still chuckle about that one. Did he imagine it? Probably, but I guess some kids might have been playing somewhere off in the distance and the noise echoed through those valleys to him.

Critterhunter said:
Just for fun I had filled the head of a friend with stories from the locals where we hunt about Bigfoot sightings. Along with several other stories, I related to him how some say it will make whistling noises or giggle like a child laughing. Anyway, dropped him off at his hunting spot in the middle of nowhere. No houses or people around with numerous deep valleys and ridge spines and such. Later that day I picked him up and he was FREAKED. He said he kept hearing noises like children talking or giggling. :biggrin: Coming from a steep valley off the ridge spine he was hunting. I still chuckle about that one. Did he imagine it? Probably, but I guess some kids might have been playing somewhere off in the distance and the noise echoed through those valleys to him.

In the 12 years I spent dredging gold, I had many strange encounters out in the wilds. Two that stick out in my mind, one with a big foot, another with some kind of black entity, both in the middle of of the night. My partner and I don't scare easily, but we were very unnerved those nights.

Just yesterday i was out in an old ball feild, and no one around , but i was getting more and more nervouse, and feafull , i finally left and went to a difrent field and i felt just fine at perfect peace , cant explane it ,

I'm thinking maybe I should go back and leave some flowers at the memorial.

I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, or such, but on the other hand why take chances. LOL Our townhouse is built on what was a farm, and in the late 1800's there was a fire that killed two of the farmers kids, the wife and I both swear we see movement in our peripheral vision at times, we never thought that at our other places we lived at. I believe in science, and am a bit of a cynic, yet there is the unexplained. I don't believe most of these forces ( for lack of a more precise term) have malice in them, just looking to get wherever home is for them. How was the hunt going that day? Artie

artman60 said:
I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, or such, but on the other hand why take chances. LOL Our townhouse is built on what was a farm, and in the late 1800's there was a fire that killed two of the farmers kids, the wife and I both swear we see movement in our peripheral vision at times, we never thought that at our other places we lived at. I believe in science, and am a bit of a cynic, yet there is the unexplained. I don't believe most of these forces ( for lack of a more precise term) have malice in them, just looking to get wherever home is for them. How was the hunt going that day? Artie

I'm no stranger to the supernatural.
My cousin's farm house in Pa. dated back to the 1700's, had lots of paranormal activity and my last house here in Sacramento, retained the spirit of a former owner.

The best find of the day was a nice silver chain with a large silver, leaf pendant.

I do believe in spirits just like I believe in the Almighty. The unexplained is just that, unexplained. I have two friends that actually died and came back, both told the same story of a light and seeing dead loved ones, yup, unexplained. I was searching around an old homestead back in the late 70's when I heard my name very clearly, I turned around quickly, no one was there and the hair on my next stood up, I got my stuff and went home. We will find out someday.....In the mean time lets enjoy this great hobby.....HH

John(Tx) said:
I do believe in spirits just like I believe in the Almighty. The unexplained is just that, unexplained. I have two friends that actually died and came back, both told the same story of a light and seeing dead loved ones, yup, unexplained. I was searching around an old homestead back in the late 70's when I heard my name very clearly, I turned around quickly, no one was there and the hair on my next stood up, I got my stuff and went home. We will find out someday.....In the mean time lets enjoy this great hobby.....HH

There is no doubt we are being watched over by a higher power and at times keeps us out of trouble. My guardian has had to work over time for me and I am grateful.
Any time my gut feeling say's to do something, or not, I have learned I had better do it.

I am amazed how many times I have gone to a place to hunt and the only good thing I found was with the very first swings of the detector or while walking back to the truck just swinging aimlessly. I have thought many times if I go out and just tune into the environment and let myself go, it will guide me to a find. That is pretty much what you do when dowsing.

Well, I should add...I was talking about us going deer hunting in a very remote area, not metal detecting when I said "hunting". I don't buy into these ghost reality shows on TV. You'd think by now they'd have some solid proof of stuff with all those night hunts.

Bigfoot? There too I think the reports are just mis-identification in all the states (but one area, see below). Just not enough land in most states to hide a population of animals that big who have to eat and mate and all that, not to mention how big of droppings they'd be leaving and all the tracks you'd find. I've had locals in a rural area of a state I deer hunt swear up and down about seeing one. Usually these stories are relayed after they've got good and drunk around the camp fire and open up a little bit, but despite how real I think they believe the encounter was I know in the back of my mind there just isn't enough land to hide a breeding population in most states.

But, despite all that, I do see how a population might be undiscovered in the pacific northwest area, which has mountains that span from California all the way up into Canada. They say small planes go down in those mountains and valleys every year that are never found due to the remote ruggedness of it. That area on the west coast pretty much spans from California all the way well up into Canada. A huge vast place, and they say much of those valleys within those mountain ranges have never even had a human set foot in them because it's so remote and hard to get to many areas, lacking roads for one, and requiring weeks to hike into some spots.

The Indians in that area also have a rich history of legends and names for this supposed animal that goes back long before white man ever made it to America. I saw a show where a biologist said that surprisingly the Pacific Northwest is classified as a rain forest, and that many of the plants that thrive there also thrive in Asia. They said this animal exists in the fossil record in Asia, only dying out there thousands of years ago as apposed to millions (which is nothing in terms of time in relation to animals that come and go on this planet). They believe the animal crossed a land bridge that they know existed a few thousand years or so back into America, before sea levels rose and cut it off.

I go back and fourth on whether I believe such an animal could exist, but one of the reasons why they feel it might be so elusive is that all the non-elusive ones were killed by man in the past, so the genetic gene pool that was left were that of ones who were very shy at would do all things to avoid man, as those are the only ones that didn't get hunted down and killed. You can see the same thing with other animals such as coyotes or mountain lions. We hunted them down so bad and killed the dumb ones, that the only ones left are the smarter/more elusive ones that know to avoid man at all costs. Most people don't know that there are coyotes in virtually every big city in America, yet people never know they are there. Same deal. Not to mention this supposed Bigfoot thing is said to be smarter than your average animals, since it's closely related to us in some ways.

There was just a large population of a sub-species of large chimp discovered a year or two ago in some remote area. I think they said the estimated population is in the hundreds of thousands, yet they were so sly and elusive and in such a remote area that nobody knew they existed...That is, nobody but the local natives. It just took white man all these years to finally get them on film and prove they were real.

Still, I go back and fourth on whether I believe there might be a Bigfoot in even the remote area of the Pacific Northwest. One thing that really convinces me that it might be real is the famous Patterson Film shot in I think 1967. They've recently analyzed this film and enhanced it with computers and you can see muscles and bones moving under the fur. Some special effects modern day costume builders, the best in Hollywood, said that in this modern day and age they'd have a very hard time making such a good suit like that, showing muscles and bones moving under the fur, and that in 1967 it was impossible to do in their opinion, and even if they could do it today it would take many people, much equipment, and a boat load of money to even come close. That's why I think maybe there is something to this whole thing.

Here's one of the enhanced films. Notice the muscles moving in the thighs and especially around the shoulder blades. Now you tell me how that thing was faked in 1967? And, notice how when it turns it's head it turns it's whole upper body. Some gorilla expert says that's what primates due because the chin hangs too low and is blocked by the shoulder blade. How could somebody know to fake that back then? Also, notice the darn thing has breasts and they are swaying as it walks. If you are going to fake a costume why go through the extra trouble of making fake breasts that move with your walk?

Either way, just throwing it out there. I've seen supposed modern films of this thing and they are obvious fakes due to the lousy costumes. That's another reason why I think this might in fact be the real deal, but as said some times I think otherwise. It's a mystery, for sure...

This 1967 Patterson film was taken in California, I think right at the lower bottom range of mountains that some say are all included in what is called "The Pacific Northwest". One video is a black and white computer enhancement of the original film, shot one frame at a time via a computer and microscope. If you search on Youtube for "enhanced patterson film" you'll find more versions enhanced in different ways to bring out perspectives in other ways, as well as discussion by special effects experts on the subject. In fact, at least the black and white first link below was enhanced by MK Davis, a special effects guy, using a microscope linked to a computer that shot frame by frame on a first generation copy of the film so it hasn't been degraded. Many of the copies of this film on the net are several generations in and have lost detail. He wanted to get to the bottom of it so he gained special access to the first generation copy from Patterson's widow, and used high tech equipment to shoot each frame one at a time in the finest detail possible. He's convinced it's real now...

Don't let this initial shot full you. It's worth clicking on. He not only enhanced the film, but he also stabilized it so it's not jumping around as Patterson runs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5POiZrZdUA&feature=player_detailpage

Here is MK Davis showing sequences of color shots and such from the film, enhanced by him, and them remarking on how he feels the film is authentic based on his special effects expertise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hmCo7mfr_OM

This one is in color and has been enhanced too, but I don't think it was by MK Davis above. MK Davis also a color version of the film he's enhanced if you look for it on Youtube, and I remember his enhanced color version being more detailed and impressive than this one. The second link above might have his color/enhanced version I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QxJSKwC1A88

So what's the verdict? Real or fake? Sometimes I think no way such an animal exists, but then I watch that film and think maybe it's real. I just can't see how something was faked that good with 1967 technology. Especially when I see modern fakes and the best of those costumes are so obvious that it's clownish looking.

It was our first year of dredging in the early 80's when we had our first big foot encounter. We were in a very remote area and around 11 pm the first night in camp, we heard two screams about 3 minuets apart. The first one picked me up off the ground out of a deep sleep. My partner and I grabbed the pistols and headed for the kids tent. Then it screamed again. The hair on my neck stood straight up. It was so dark I could not see my partner standing next to me. We turned to each other and I said " this is stupid". and we went back and sat in the tent.
Being an avid hunter in my youth, these were not the sounds of anything I have ever heard. It literally stopped your heart. After the screams all was well the rest of the night.
Several days later, my partner, wife and 4 year old daughter, were returning from a trip into town. They were in some rather rugged country and as they went around a bend, the 4 year old says, look mommy a gorilla. They stopped and backed up but it was gone.
That was the last of the encounter. The fact that the daughter called it a gorilla and not a bear, makes me believe that it may just have been a big foot.

:biggrin: I should add, don't want to come across as a flake. I don't buy into those ghost hunting shows or even that "Finding Bigfoot" show or whatever it's called. Obviously all a bunch of fluff with no substance. Are there ghosts? Maybe, I guess, but I haven't seen any proof that proves it to me. Just seems like a good reason to hang out at night and goof off with other people. Same deal with that Bigfoot show. A big joke IMO. Cracks me up that they set up in places like Ohio or other states and expect to find something. Not enough land. They obviously aren't deer hunters because then they'd know how long millions of us sit in the woods all day, sitting motionless, de-scented, and wearing camouflage waiting for a deer to walk by. If there were such creatures in 99% of all the states one would have long been shot by now. The pacific northwest? There I could see it happen, because most hunters aren't going to take days to hike into a spot and then have to drag the deer back to population. That's why most deer hunters hunt very near the road when I hunt. Just too far to drag a deer unless you can use a 4-wheeler, and even then most places won't let you ride one on public land.

When I first heard about this Paterson story, I thought...Sure, you've been looking for this thing so why didn't you shoot it? And why didn't you continue to track it down if it just took you by surprise? I read up on it, and it turns out they were in that area because people kept finding tracks. The guy with Patterson, Gimlin, said he had his gun trained on the thing the whole time, but wasn't going to shoot unless it turned around and came after them. They said they followed the tracks for miles, up and down some pretty harsh terrain. They were experienced trackers but said it wasn't easy as most ground in the pacific northwest won't leave any tracks due to rocks or hard ground or ground clutter. They said the finally tracked it to one spot where it went either up or down a steep ridge that they couldn't manage to follow on, so they gave up.

So, is it real or is it Memorex? :biggrin: Just throwing it out there, as I'm not convinced one way or the other myself most of the time...

I saw one biologist on TV say he was doing a study of I think mountain goats in the Pacific Northwest and was camped in a very remote area. If I remember right he said something kept throwing pine cones and rocks at his tent. It was such a remote spot he knew no human would be around to do that, and that's why he said he wonders if there is something to this whole thing, because what other animal in America can pick up stones or pine cones and throw them at a tent? :biggrin:

Beware of areas with a lot of EMI.

That can really mess with you badly, including making you nervous, paranoid, and physically ill.

Odd that this was posted now, because I had one of those episodes with children giggling and such the other day too. It was very early, in an empty park with a lot of open area so there was no places for pranksters to really hide. I turned and did 3 look-sees before I decided to just take off. These was really only only the second time I got the creeps while hunting, the first time was in my own yard around 3 or 4am, thinking I saw something bigger than a coyote flash by over in my peripheral view about 40 feet away. I went into the house right then, and my neighbor told me that there was reports of a cougar locally, which was why she wasn't ranging her horses like she likes to do. The children-event was something I'd decided to blow off until I read this thread. All those who wear headphones(I don't) probably missed their giggling kids. martin

5900_XL-1 said:
Odd that this was posted now, because I had one of those episodes with children giggling and such the other day too. It was very early, in an empty park with a lot of open area so there was no places for pranksters to really hide. I turned and did 3 look-sees before I decided to just take off. These was really only only the second time I got the creeps while hunting, the first time was in my own yard around 3 or 4am, thinking I saw something bigger than a coyote flash by over in my peripheral view about 40 feet away. I went into the house right then, and my neighbor told me that there was reports of a cougar locally, which was why she wasn't ranging her horses like she likes to do. The children-event was something I'd decided to blow off until I read this thread. All those who wear headphones(I don't) probably missed their giggling kids. martin

That was the first time for me in a tot. Two other times it has happened in an open park.
I always wear headphones so I am very cautious of keeping track of what's happening around me.
I don't get unnerved often, but got there that morning

-- moved topic --

One time I was deep in the woods (deep being relative in a suburban area, but none the less way back in there a good half hour hike or so)...And at the time I was wearing full sized headphones that didn't let a peep of hearing from the outside world in. I was in the middle of day dreaming as I swung the coil when suddenly I felt something wet and warm on the back of my leg. I must have leaped about ten feet in the air! Turned out it was a friendly dog being walked by his owner. After that I went to Sony Studio heaphones. They are about half the size of normal full size ones, much more comfortable, and don't make my ears sweat, not to mention being much lighter. Cheap headphones ($20) but got the best audio I've ever heard. But the nicest thing is I can hear more of what is going on around me if I want to. Don't confuse these with walkman style. These are regular "muff" style but just much smaller than full sized ones. I'll never wear full sized ones again. Not just for the comfort factor, but because I don't like not being able to hear things around me.

Many animals are nocturnal. They prefer the shadow of night as their eyes and ears are so night adapted they can forage, hunt and are aware of all thats around them. Those pesky things that show up once in a while and seem to smell wonderful and have the soft cloth tents and bags are a real curiosity. Often a wonderful food smell pervades the air and these need exploration.
Bears, raccons, opussum and other critters can scare the dickens out of you depending on your state of mind and fear....
th
Keep your food stuff in bear containers on high lanyards above the camp. Remove all food trash and burn it. Think like and animal and stick with low odor foods. Tuna is a real bear atractant.

Ghost kids...... Well suggest you leave them a toy or two...

You want to see something strange then check out www.earthfiles.com.
There is a new species of wild animal running around.