Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early Sneak Preview

scubadetector

Greetings again all. I lurk on here and read, sometimes comment but I have been pretty busy playing in the water at a virgin underwater park. It is virgin only to a diver. Waders have pounded this park to death and most won't hunt there anymore. This is where I come into the picture. I hunt only over waders heads in 6 - 8 foot of water. I started hunting this park May 31st of this year. I have been at it for a bit less than 3 months. However, it has been a killer 3 months.

Just to give you an idea of what I have pulled out of there, I thought I would post a couple of pictures and leave it at that for now. 43.30 in silver coin, over 4 grand in gold and a bunch of silver jewelry. My best gold ring is a 22.51 gram monster of 18K. Newest class ring is 1939 and two dated wedding bands, 1925 and 1950. I haven't even hit a quarter of the area yet and won't be able to get to most of it until next year.

I have read that finding treasure while diving isn't as good as wading. I know people do not swim over their heads as much now but they used to. Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I will be back out there as much as possible until the water gets too cold for me.

I hunt with CZ-21's and the Tesoro Tiger Shark. Both wonderful machines that compliment each other.

The cleaned coins are compliments from one of my friends. He wanted to see them cleaned. The brass ID bracelet has silver chains and the gold rings in the silver are just plated silver.

WOW! WTG!!
Congrats!

I'm looking at hitting a lake beach with a hookah system and had a couple of questions

What type of bottom are you dealing with- sand, rocks etc

How deep are the targets buried?

Thanks

silvercoinboy said:
I'm looking at hitting a lake beach with a hookah system and had a couple of questions

What type of bottom are you dealing with- sand, rocks etc

How deep are the targets buried?

Thanks

Weeds and muck over sandy gravel. I have been mowing over the weeds with my CZ-21 and my Tiger Shark. I find a TON of swim buckles which are huge and set the machines off. I then dig for the target. Usually about 3 - 12" down in the muck and then a few more inches in the sandy gravel. I then move more weeds and muck and look for other targets. I get very few dimes because they are pretty deep. I have found over 60 quarters and 20 half dollars. 18 walkers, a Barber and a Franklin. After the muck clears out I will find plenty more dimes I am sure.

Most lakes I have been in are a muck bottom after the beach area. You need to be comfortable in water you can't see a thing in after you start detecting. It is a learned skill. This isn't a lake, it is a river.

Great! thank for a detailed answer! Awesome finds btw.

I live in Europe (military) and have found a couple of beaches in Switzerland that have yielded lots of coins (new and old silver) and a few rings. There is a float out in 12-15 feet of water, and it seems most people go out in deep water to swim. bottom is rocky small to 3 foot stones, and the coins are either lying on top of the stones or lodged between them. Can't use a scoop or shovel, and it is all hand work. Underwater pointer will be handy.

Coins are great because the small 1/2 Swiss franc is worth about 50 cents and 1 franc coins are plentiful ( there are also 2 and 5 franc coins that come up often also) Silver ended in '67 but were in circulation until the late 70's.

Thanks again,

Silvercoinboy

I really am having a blast here. Here are some facts on this beach.

It was built in 1909 and was in operation until 1963.

The bath house could accommodate over 6 thousand people a day. It had that many lockers. It was demolished in 1973

This is not on a lake, it is on a river.

I do not hunt where waders have pounded it to death. I am over their heads. I believe I am the only diver that hunts it. I haven't hunted a quarter of it yet. I am searching the spots where two huge slides went into the water and I don't believe I found them yet. When I do, I am expecting a bonanza of finds.

Really nice, from coins to jewelry you've got a great spot that looks like it will be giving you lots of good finds....and old ones too!!:thumbup:

scubadetector said:

The bath house could accommodate over 6 thousand people a day. It had that many lockers. It was demolished in 1973

I do not hunt where waders have pounded it to death. I am over their heads. I believe I am the only diver that hunts it. I haven't hunted a quarter of it yet. I am searching the spots where two huge slides went into the water and I don't believe I found them yet. When I do, I am expecting a bonanza of finds.

You are braver than me posting all that info if you have only hunted a quarter of it. Google is probably smoking by now with people trying to find Thai location. Congrats on the finds, I would have cleaned it out THEN posted lol.

BootyHunter said:
scubadetector said:

You are braver than me posting all that info if you have only hunted a quarter of it. Google is probably smoking by now with people trying to find Thai location. Congrats on the finds, I would have cleaned it out THEN posted lol.

I will tell everyone where it is. It is in a river in Michigan that is deep and wide.

I think there are no other divers because it is not easy to detect there. Takes a lot of skill to detect in zero visibility and enjoy it. You really have to be comfortable in the water in order to detect the way I do. Thanks for your reply.

Really sweet hunting! Love the dental bridge, brought up one and what a surprise.
I know how rare & cool those virgin water sites are. Thanks for sharing.
HH - Bruce

Thanks all. One more ring and I will have 50 for the year. I need 13 more silver coins for 300. Hopefully I will do both. Water is getting colder though. Going to keep trying.

If anyone can do it I would say you could above all the rest!!