Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elizabeth I Shilling.

JBM1

I walked past this coin last Sunday, but my friend Ron Lines walked over it with his Deus .

The condition is exceptional for a coin from the 1500`s.

I thought that you would like to see it.:thumbup: Jerry.

Jerry,that is one of the nicest Lizzy 1's that i have seen for a very long time,its rare too see such a crisp 'Obverse' side as they are usually rubbed pretty bad.

Wow, what fantastic shape. Considering how long it was in the ground and condition I would say it is AU or about uncirculated. Just kidding of course but wish it could talk. Great find.

Wow ... 1500's Silver - that's fantastic ! :clapping:

"JBM, I'm full of admiration for you - every day getting into those cold boots and traipsing about in the depths of winter! I'm getting 'soft' and am blaming the cold on my lack of finds!"

"Happy New Year Jerry!"

Des D

Thanks Des,

I have got to keep going its fatal to sit about at my age.

There is good news to come on the finds front, that will cause many a eye to twitch in the coming weeks.

Best Wishes for 2017.:thumbup: Jerry.

Very nice find. I have one 1590 ish half groat.