Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elliptical coil

I'll second that. I like the HF elliptical, but I mostly hunt for coins and would love something that size with the lower frequencies.

I also wouldn't mind a hockey puck-style sniper coil for the Deus. Imagine the separation on something like that when you crank the reactivity up to 3+!

Same here. I notice with the 11 inch x35 that the higher the frequency, the louder the aluminum and the quieter the silver. Put a pull tab and quarter side by side and sweep over them and please tell me if you have different results. I am no expert.

I know if people who have pulled quarters 12 inches deep with that hf elliptical coil. You could just put it on the lowest offset which 13.3Khz I think. ..

Should still be just fine for fields that have been plowed.

I have 4 different coils and run the elip more than any other. Even on 28khz is very deep on coins and is great on gold and midranges. But a low kfz elip coil would be nice if you could norm off in the trashy sites which you can't do with the HFs.

Ok, if we are dreaming of coils....I want an X35 coil 4 X 6 elliptical. I had a 4X6 sniper for my old DFX and it always sniffed out stuff in the iron that I missed with the larger Whites coils. Of course my old 9" LF Deus coil found a bunch of stuff the little Whites 4X6 missed in the iron. Then of course my 9" round HF coil found stuff my LF coil missed. But still, I have to believe an XP sniper coil would be deadly.

the hf 9x5 keeps finding tiny slivers of metal and wastes my time diging on tiny bits of metal ,,its ok on very clean sites

its is deep as x35 coils tho

I hope that XP is focused on a multi frequency model of the Deus. What we have is good but we could do better. But , there is a new backpack so there's hope.

I sold my XP backpack. Was nice but liked what I have now better- it’s a Prince multi-racket tennis racket bag with split zippered main compartment for coil separation and zippered outer ( for mini shovel). Added a small bag inside main for headphones. Added shoulder straps too. It really is absolutely perfect for the Deus/ Orx , and works for many other detectors also. I think the coil selection is good as is , no doubt a mini-sniper would rock as long as not as expensive as others are.

yep if alaine can tweak the hf coil to low f it would be better for me too ,hf is not much use to me but has potential if software is tweaked