Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EMI with MXT

Ks Coyote

I was told that the MXT operating at 15hz didn't experience the EMI problems from overhead power lines as other detectors. I know my DFX goes crazy under power lines no matter what my sensitivity level is. If I set my DFX at 15hz only will that help or is there something in the MXT circuitry that's different?

Going to 15 KHz would help but a better way to defeat EMI on the DFX is go to Correlate mode and reduce the AC.

affect one detector near power lines yet not seem to be an issue with another. Often they are operating at the same frequency, too, but that's not always the main reason you experience EMI. It can also be cased by poor shielding, use of gain/sensitivity settings that are too high, search coil used, and many other factors. The MXT Pro is my min-use detector and I don't have any problems with EMI at most sites that are close to power lines. Sometimes a little, but I reduce the Gain a little ad that helps.

The M6 and MXT and MXT Pro operated at about

I use a MXT for most coin/jewelery hunting, and have experienced EMI problems at only one location, near a large lumber mill, not sure what machinery causes the emi noise but its bad when in operation, I generally turn down my sensitivity, and keep going as it is tolerable then. As a general rule I experience no problems anywhere else with EMI.

My local park has one spot, about 1/4 acre, that seemed to cause a lot of EMI interference. The noise went away when I walked outside this area. I chalked it off as a loss and avoided that area for months. I eventually had another issue with extra chattering and narrowed my problem down to batteries and realised that fresh batteries got rid of the noise. When my batteries are at or below 9volts my mxt pro gets really chattery. After this realization, I went back to the chalked off area in the park with fresh batteries and never noticed any extra noise again. This may not help with every EMI issue but not all EMI issues are correctly diagnosed as in my case with the batteries. Its any easy thing to try when you find a spot like this. I think a lot of people deal with this chatter and blame the mxt but some of it can be avoided.

To date I've only encountered emi in several locations and didn't have to move far to lose it. It certainly hasn't been a problem issue in my experience.
BB