Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQ screen indicators???

jas415

On the screen there is a outer 180 degree circular 'bar' and on many of the screen shots it is not continuous, and on some it is continuous. On a couple of the videos there is enough of a 'screen shot' to see it is varying. There looks to be 5 segments of it. What does that do? What is the function and what does it tell me as I am swinging it across the ground?

Thanks

I believe that’s to show what you’ve set your discrimination at. It shows what readings will be accepted and what will be rejected so that if you want to notch out certain readings you can. For instance you can have the detector ignore those readings.that you don’t want, say iron.

So, going from lower left up and over to lower right, it would be from -9 to 0 on the first segment, then 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, and 40 to 50 on numbers. On some videos the very first segment was totally clear, so I assume that was to notch out 'all' iron? If it is all notched out, there would be no audio or '-' numbers. On the Dr Tones video of the coin find there is no discrimination at all as all segments are black, and when he is swinging it around I see the numbers go from -9 to positive numbers but lots of '-' numbers. Those would be iron or ferrous of some sort. Ok, makes sense.

Thanks! Sure hope they have a small coil right off the bat!

The scale is the same as on the Safari (-9 to 40). Assuming it reads the same -9 to 0 is iron
40 is almost always a rusty nail. IIRC nickel is 14, pennies mid 30's, clad 38, silver 39. there is
some overlap at times. Also it seems to have an option for 50 tones. If so you can make it sound like
a Safari. That should make transition easy for me.

Tom
LFOD !