Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQ600 at old homesite?

I will be getting a EQ600 in the next few days! I have an old(1860) house with about 2.5 acres to start learning the detector on. What would a good starting set-up be for a location like this? Just trying to get a feel for where to start. I am located in Northern Vermont. Thanks.

Congrats. how great to have that size and history starting point. I keep reading Park 2 but those more experienced will soon chime in. Start with default settings, use your test garden or at least air test things you want to find. Take some to your 2.5 acre site so you practise in the ground you will be working. When you feel ready, change one setting, test, change it back try another setting, etc until you get the machine dialed in for your site. Have fun and HH

Meant Field 2 - cannot edit.

I agree with all of the above! Read the owners manual after you download it and print it out. There's a lot of helpful people here if you have questions. It is a good machine and I wish you the best of luck!

Personally, if you are new to detecting and brand new to the Equinox, I would try some other sites like a school yard of park to get familiar with the detector where there are bound to be some coins to be found.
But if you decide not to do that... stick with the default settings for a while.
If it is there, that Equinox will find it!! Good luck.... sounds like a great site.

All good info above. To expand on Florida son's comment about the test garden, if you don't have one ( I do not) I always bring common modern coins and worn,dug coins that you would expect maybe hiding (mercs, barbers, Indian heads, large cents ) so that you can scatter them on the old property and note their audio and tid in various settings as the coil passes over them. This can also aid in improving pinpointing over the coins (seeing where the loudest sound(sweet spot) is acquired on a specific section of the coil, without having to cut a plug. Oh yeah, and the same goes with trash, pop-tops, beaver tails, bottle caps, can slaw if you choose to bring them with you. Some users reject them in their own personal settings. HH