Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 11" coil tab stiffener WTB

mike k.

Anyone got one of these for sale . A lot for sale on ebay , but they want insane amount for shipping . I will pay with Paypal , with reg.mail usps reasonable shipping price . This is a small plastic part that should not cost much to ship . n3h4c9 , Cambridge , Ontario , Canada . - thx

Anyone got one of these for sale . A lot for sale on ebay , but they want insane amount for shipping . I will pay with Paypal , with reg.mail usps reasonable shipping price . This is a small plastic part that should not cost much to ship . n3h4c9 , Cambridge , Ontario , Canada . - thx
Don't waste your money, it will still break. Give it time. I've had my first equinox 2 years and 4 months. That's the one that broke.
My 11in just broke yesterday and I promise I'm very particular how I use my detector. I just emailed minelab today.
That's all I'll say on the matter.

You may be better off getting some thin nylon spacers or washers and use them as shims to take up space between the ears and the shaft.
Put them behind the rubber washers.
I tried one of those pieces you are asking about, but did not see where it improved things.... my coil still flopped when I set the detector down to dig.

You may be better off getting some thin nylon spacers or washers and use them as shims to take up space between the ears and the shaft.
Put them behind the rubber washers.
I tried one of those pieces you are asking about, but did not see where it improved things.... my coil still flopped when I set the detector down to dig.
It's really not the ears that are the problem it's the space between them when you tighten it so the coil does not flop you can see the ears are bent in this is why they break .As fcrawford says shim it take that space up so the ears don't bend in . sube

It's really not the ears that are the problem it's the space between them when you tighten it so the coil does not flop you can see the ears are bent in this is why they break .As fcrawford says shim it take that space up so the ears don't bend in . sube
Actually Donut posted about this solution a while back so I give him credit for it.
Before his post, after two times out with the coil flipping down when I set the detector down and knowing tightening the ears too much would cause them to break, I made a bracket to hold my coil in correct position without having to tighten the bolt and still use it.

One other thing. If I were you I would buy one. But not to use it until yours broke.
I'd get the one that has the place for the pull ties. Then when yours breaks at least you could finish your hunt.
You can strap it to your coil and then attach your shaft.
I've emailed minelab and called twice, no answer. Had to leave a voice mail and no reply to email from yesterday.
Extended wait time. They must have a lot of problems. At least I have my second equinox.

Probably why they raised the price on the equinox too many broken coils and flooded controllers!
Mark

Probably why they raised the price on the equinox too many broken coils and flooded controllers!
Mark
I hadn't thought of that but it's probably right.
After warranty we are going to be out of luck.