Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600/800 is stable like my ctx?

BetaGod

Hello guys.. i'm a minelab fan (i got ctx 3030 and gpx 5000) and i would to buy another minelab and using it where i need high recovery speed (ctx is a really good machine but no very fast!!).. someone can tell me if the equinox works quiet and stable in all condition like my ctx? I had a deus some years ago.. really fast and nice depth but very noisy in my mineralized ground!!

Thanks you!

i usually use my ctx with 27/30 sens. You think the 800 will be noisy at 90/95% of max sens?

I see you have both ctx and 800... what can you tell me about depth? the 800 is more deep than ctx?

Someone described the Nox as a cross between the Deus and the Etrac, and that's not a bad description in terms of its detection capabilities. As for EMI and chatter, I have found the Nox reasonably quiet in most places up to 85-90%, I would say. But it may be apples and oranges. At least one report says that at those percentages of the scale, a higher percentage of power is being delivered to the coil than would be the case with an ET or CTX.

This equinox seems to be very good! Now i've only to decide between 600 or 800 (the 800 is not yet aviable in my country)... not for the 2 more freq (20 and 40) because i'm not a gold hunting but for the the more advanced options!

Being a CTX owner and a NOX 600 owner for a week now it is my opinion that the Nox is a step or two below the 3030 in stability and you will definitely dig more trash while using a Nox. But on the other hand the target seperation is better on the Nox and you will pull more good targets out of trashy areas than you will with a CTX.

FFX2 said:
Being a CTX owner and a NOX 600 owner for a week now it is my opinion that the Nox is a step or two below the 3030 in stability and you will definitely dig more trash while using a Nox. But on the other hand the target seperation is better on the Nox and you will pull more good targets out of trashy areas than you will with a CTX.

Agreed....
- I like the tones better on the CTX
- CTX is more stable in my mineralized ground
- I have yet to find a 5+" coin with my 800
- 800 is far better in trash and I especially like adjusting the volume of the different 5-tone bins while trying to find silver amonst various targets.

BetaGod said:
So you think the nox is less deep than ctx?
Can't say that for sure, maybe I haven't come across any, I'm just stating my observations. I have a little over 20hrs on the 800 vs 4yrs on the CTX and been hitting areas I've hit before. My buddy has hit some deep silver and wheats in similar type soil as mine (80 miles away) with his 600. He has also owned a CTX and Exploter and the 600 is now his go-to with an 800 on order.

Things are pretty subjective, but I've found the 800 deep enough to not be an issue. I have a CTX, 3 Excals and 2 TDI PIs so I have deep units to compare it to. The situation I would not feel the 800 would hit for lack of depth has not yet occurred. Conditions in California are not like a lot of places though (at least where I hunt). Oh and its very stable. I often run it at near full and the others at full throttle.

I use the Etrac, not CTX, but would agree depth is not an issue with the Nox. It is plenty deep. If you are coming from an ET/CTX, what you will miss are accurate FE/CO and depth indicator numbers.

Nice!! i've bought the nox 600... i read is the same performance as 800 but with some less advanced fine options ( and i don't need them!)

flysar said:

Agreed....
- I like the tones better on the CTX
- CTX is more stable in my mineralized ground
- I have yet to find a 5+" coin with my 800
- 800 is far better in trash and I especially like adjusting the volume of the different 5-tone bins while trying to find silver amonst various targets.
I have the same problem with depth and nox 800 I hit a deep nickel then hit a silver dime that was relatively shallow and the tone was very broken up???
My Deus would have hammered that dime!??

Nice !! Not gonna tell you I'm any type of expert on a Nox or CTX but one thing I can tell you is that most of my success at sites I've already hit with the CTX has been when running the Nox in Park2 with Sensitivity as high as you can tolerate.

I have hit several quarters and dimes at 12". If there aren't any coins at 12" where you hunt you will never know. I am not one into depth so I wasn't all that happy to dig them. I knew I had good signals and was going to dig till I found what the signal was. I have found cans at 12" too and that's really disappointing but I should have known by how strong the signal was. I even raised the coil up on the cans knowing there was a 90% chance that's what it was. On the clad when I raised the coil the signal dropped out.

So if you want deep the Equinox will go deep

I had the 800 and the E-Trac. I still have my E-Trac.

It's not that the 800 didn't meet my expectations, because I still feel it's right there with the E-Trac/CTX, I will own another in the future I'm sure, but I needed some quick cash and the 800 was it.

Depth wise I put the 800 head-to-head with the E-Trac at a site where I know for a fact there are many deep coins. I have cleaned this area out to the limits of the E-Trac/CTX. I took the 800 there on many trips and found nothing missed by the E-Trac or CTX. For this reason I feel the 800 depth is about the same as the E-Trac/CTX. Now in high trash and for low conductors the 800 is far above the E-Trac/CTX.

Stability is important to me as I just hate a noisy detector. That is why I've never been a Fisher guy. Sorry Fisher guys, the detector is a killer, but too noisy for me. The Deus and the 800 are a good comparison. I found the 800 a little on the noisy side, unless you turn it down, but it was tolerable.