Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 600 encore

dfmike

Thought last time would be the very last hunt of 2021 but I got out again yesterday despite the cool temp of -6 Celsius or 21 F. This is cool here, not cold ! Anyway I spent 4 hours trying to find a spot that would still pay up. After 3 hours with a few old pennies in hand I thought this time I would head back home without silver. A 1937 silver quarter suddenly popped out of the ground from just under a big maple tree. It was deep and the ID was going from 20 to 31 and back again. the 4th and 5th tones were sweet though and I knew I had to dig. I found all the silver dimes (#21,22 and 23) shortly after in a spot that I had detected before. The French 20 centimes was found on an earlier hunt near the beach. I love the Marianne profile head design. Apart from those coins, about 15 pennies were retrieved dating back to the 20's up to the early 60's.

When I was going back home, the snow was starting to fall and the wind was picking up. I'm glad I got a few more hours in because a thick white blanket has covered the ground overnight. This is it for 2021. The Equinox has exceeded my expectations in every way. HH everyone. I hope 2022 will be better than 2021 in every way.

Settings were as usual except I did not use the horseshoe button / all metal this time. Everything from -9 to 0 was rejected and that's all.

Attachments

• finds-dec001.jpg
    finds-dec001.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 112
  • finds-dec002.jpg
    finds-dec002.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 113
Awesome showing! I just got the 600 myself cant wait to take it out on Thursday morning!
It's a great machine. It thrives in places that are super polluted with nails and any other junk (in my case rusty nails and rusty beer caps). You might be surprised at what you can find in places where the easy targets have all been retrieved.

It's a great machine. It thrives in places that are super polluted with nails and any other junk (in my case rusty nails and rusty beer caps). You might be surprised at what you can find in places where the easy targets have all been retrieved.
thanks DF I cant wait to get out there.

21 degrees is cool???? Haha, if I go out in those temps the batteries drain fairly fast and I can barely cut the sod. And I’m talking about me and not the sport!!!!!

21 degrees is cool???? Haha, if I go out in those temps the batteries drain fairly fast and I can barely cut the sod. And I’m talking about me and not the sport!!!!!
Haha. The sod could not be cut for sure. The first 2-3 inches freeze up pretty fast when there is no isolation especially in sandy soil. Since I detect in the woods mainly, the thick carpet of fallen leaves plus the thin layer of snow prevents the ground from freezing (up to a certain extent). I just loose too much depth with inches of snow covering everything. The only upside is that I know exactly where I have detected !

Another up side, no pesky bugs.
I can remember two days this past Summer where I thought I was gonna get carried away by mosquitoes 🦟
Little pests are frozen now 😂😂😂

I can remember two days this past Summer where I thought I was gonna get carried away by mosquitoes 🦟
Little pests are frozen now 😂😂😂
I can still see tiny spiders hanging from branches here and there when the sun comes out. I don't know how they do it. Apart from that, nothing ! No flying bugs at least. That's the main reason I can't detect the woods in summer. I get eaten alive.

I agree, I have the 800, and I have been shocked at the amount of coins new and old that I have found at heavily hunted sites, and the amazing thing is that many sound very good too.
A friend of mine has the 600 and he is doing well with it too.

I agree, I have the 800, and I have been shocked at the amount of coins new and old that I have found at heavily hunted sites, and the amazing thing is that many sound very good too.
A friend of mine has the 600 and he is doing well with it too.
I heard you found a few quarters this year 🤭