Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox 600 or 800 for small gold jewelry?

72puma

looking to get a new detector for shallow fresh water hunting.would the 800 with the two higher 20 and 40 frequiences be better? is the 600 just as good to get small gold rings,white gold, and small gold chains? is there an advantage to the 800 on these items?i really don't want to spend an extra $300 if i don't have to. i currently am using a tesoro stingray 11 which does well on these but is getting old, plus i could use an equinox better on land.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 600 i have had one for about two years now, use i mostly at the beach and have found many gold rings and chains, i think that if you were going gold nugget hunting then the 800 would be the one. The 600 is a really deep machine and works very well in salt and clear water. I have seen ads for the 600 as a package with the wireless head phones for $650.00 thats a good deal, that is about what i plaid with out the head phones.

The difference between the 600 and 800 model is always going to be controversial. It all comes down to your pocketbook... I have been running the 600 model for 22 months. My best guess is that the 600 model takes a little more homework.... and little more paying attention to settings. But it is equally capable of finding the same Treasures. Here's Proof..!! I could post more pictures.. But you get the point.

Attachments

• 20200809_190609.jpg
    20200809_190609.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • Message_1569534268081.jpg
    Message_1569534268081.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
In my opinion having the ability to hunt in 40hz is well worth the extra money if you truly believe the water you hunt has a good quantity of small gold and if your willing to take the time to sift through the tiniest of tiny targets ..it can be very tedious but certainly fun when you find the tiny stuff so many have missed... you could probably do just fine in park 2 on the 600 but i find 40hz can be set up to do a better job at ignoring the bobby-pins and there are so so so many bobby-pins out there...

I have them both. The 800 gives you more fine tuning options and has a range specifically for nugget hunting. If your not going to go nugget hunting the 600 should be fine especially if you can get one now with the wireless headphones

I have them both. The 800 gives you more fine tuning options and has a range specifically for nugget hunting. If your not going to go nugget hunting the 600 should be fine especially if you can get one now with the wireless headphones
do the wireless headphones work while the equinox 600 is submerged under the water as when shallow water metal detecting shoulder deep water?

do the wireless headphones work while the equinox 600 is submerged under the water as when shallow water metal detecting shoulder deep water?
No

I don't think you can go wrong with the 600 i have had one for about two years now, use i mostly at the beach and have found many gold rings and chains, i think that if you were going gold nugget hunting then the 800 would be the one. The 600 is a really deep machine and works very well in salt and clear water. I have seen ads for the 600 as a package with the wireless head phones for $650.00 thats a good deal, that is about what i plaid with out the head phones.
Digger what kfz do you run. My deus is super on most gold at 28 but struggles on the really small chain until I run 70. It will blast you out then but also picks up the really small Aluminum which can be notched at 28. thanks