Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 coil lugs broke

I never used mine as a crutch ...I know better. I can tell you one thing you better check yours because they are very thin. Sorry I can't buy that.

The ears are thin for a reason ( on all coils and brands)
If you use the detector as a crutch likely RI48off said above said above they will brake
.one thing we all need to consider is think how the coil is tightened up. In order to tighten the coil so it doesn’t move the ears have to actually bend in so if someone cranked then tight and the more you tighten then they become subject to breakage and that is not the manufacture fault.
I tighten mine carefully just enough to keep the coil from moving. I have been detecting for 45 years and have never broke any of my coils.
They are delicate and fragile so treat them that way.
Doug.

I hear you and agree. One thing that I find is that they are also brittle. I for see many are going to run into problems. I hunt the beach and water/sand. Never had a problem with any coil ear. Had this detector for 2 months and both ears were cracked. I'm not an animal with my equipment by any means. just saying. So far 2 people I know from the beach sent their coils in too.